Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Review: 2013 Ram 1500

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-13, 10:09 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by 84Cressida
The dashboard is entirely hard, cheap plastic. If this was the Toyota, they'd be trashing it high hell, and so would some of you. But the scum of the automotive world, Chrysler, somehow pays the stooges over there at Autoblog to look the other way.

Those lovely 8 forward gears they love will be destroyed just like pretty much every Chrysler tranny in short order.
Have you actually owned an American make before and had issues or are you going by pictures and interweb trolls views?

Your SN makes me think strictly JDM fan boy only, which leads me to believe the latter rather than the former
Old 08-10-13, 10:43 AM
84Cressida
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Have you actually owned an American make before and had issues or are you going by pictures and interweb trolls views?

Your SN makes me think strictly JDM fan boy only, which leads me to believe the latter rather than the former
Well let's see, my father owns a 2005 Silverado 2500 HD with the Duramax, bought new and has 55,000 easy miles on it. The power mirrors no longer work, the intermediate steering shaft has been replaced 3 times, both front hubs have needed replacing, the A/C refrigerant leaked out and needed to be fixed, the interior is absolutely terrible and rattles like no other, the headliner is starting to sag, the tailgate handle bezel has broken and the handle itself barely works, the "leather" interior is vinyl, the radio buttons have all the paint scratched off, the truck is the worst off-road and has had to be pulled out of the sand by my grandfather's trusty '95 T100 (a truck lambasted by idiots) and hilariously enough, the Chevy bowtie on the grille cracked. The truck is only 8 years old. If it was 18 some of this would be more acceptable. The thing is junk. Period. He bought it simply because Toyota doesn't have a diesel and GM was giving the things away back then. None of the Toyota pickups we've had have ever had the amount of problems this thing has, nor have that had the terrible build quality and interior. The moment Toyota makes a diesel is the moment this turd goes to the scrapper.

I'm around these so called tough American trucks all the time. I've seen 2012 and 2013 Rams eat transmissions like their forebears before them. I've seen GM interiors rattle to high hell, I've seen F150 door skins wobble at the slightest breeze. I Never saw the fuss about these self-proclaimed engineering marvels in the past, sure as hell laughed at it when experiencing that Silverado, and laugh even more when people try to tell me the Japanese can't build a real truck when the rest of the world laughs at the pigs that are sold here and only here.

Last edited by 84Cressida; 08-10-13 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-10-13, 12:26 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

The there is no doubt the Ram is a better truck than the Tundra. It has everything trucks buyers want and has some interesting items which are exclusive. Finally, the Ram has some serious marketing muscle which I heard gets a Toyota Tundra buyers.