Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

loaded Venza Limited or Acura RDX (fwd) with Technology package?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-13, 11:20 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by EthanV
Kool ! cogratulation! Just a curious question how come you chose awd version?
I'm assuming you're asking me? I got AWD for the 2-3 days a year we get snow here. lol...

Might help out in case of heavy rain here too. Now THAT happens frequently here.
Old 08-17-13, 12:54 PM
Initial B
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IceIridium
I'm assuming you're asking me? I got AWD for the 2-3 days a year we get snow here. lol...

Might help out in case of heavy rain here too. Now THAT happens frequently here.
and also, because it's the right thing to do morally, lol.
FWD is for econoboxes
Old 08-21-13, 07:45 PM
Sh1nra
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Completely forgot to reply to this thread.
Nice pictures! I like the chrome finishes on the front grill and fog lights.

Is there any glare from sunlight when you look at Nav? ( I assume with the Nav set up like there might be glare from time to time. I remember it happening to one of the cars I test drove before, except the glare was more noticeable sitting in the passenger seat)
Old 08-25-13, 11:57 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Oops forgot to reply:

Yes sometimes there is glare, depending on the angle of the sun relative to the car. Didn't really bother me too much though. I haven't sat in the passenger seat yet when the car is moving so I can't say whether it's a problem for that side. I imagine it'd be the same. I haven't heard any complaints, though I'm not sure if they're paying attention to the screen anyway.
Old 08-26-13, 09:06 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by lalexusgs
Just test drove FWD RDX couple weeks ago for my friend who currently has 2012 RDX. The new RDX drives terrible comparing to the previous model, especially in FWD form. The acceleration is worse than previous 4-turbo was, and handling is awful. Also, not a fan of the new exterior. Not sure why they took a perfect small SUV and changed it to something much worse.
The old RDX, IMO, was far from perfect. It had torque, but much of it came on with a rush, after a bit of turbo-lag. The interior, though not done with cheap materials, was not particularly impressive to look at. And the chassis/suspension was much too stiff for comfortable daily-driving.
Old 08-26-13, 09:19 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
The old RDX, IMO, was far from perfect. It had torque, but much of it came on with a rush, after a bit of turbo-lag. The interior, though not done with cheap materials, was not particularly impressive to look at. And the chassis/suspension was much tthat Acura has found the market for this type of CUV.oo stiff for comfortable daily-driving.
Yes, the previous RDX never sold very well and probably for many of the reasons you mention. The new one is selling like hotcakes which shows they found the market for this type of CUV.