Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Mysterious Infiniti Flagship Sketch Leaked

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-13, 02:42 AM
Tantrix
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no way lexus or infiniti will ever come close to the mercedes CLS coupe and BMW 6 series coupe low slung designs.

I mean mercedes and bmw made these cars without any restraints. These are their little
pet projects that show what their design team is all about.

the only way infiniti or lexus can come close is to buy the entire bmw / mercedes design team.

I bet bmw and mercedes both have secret hard ons for each other when they look at both the CLS and 6 series coupe sedan. I mean look at them. they are simply breathtaking.
Old 08-14-13, 07:08 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tantrix
no way lexus or infiniti will ever come close to the mercedes CLS coupe and BMW 6 series coupe low slung designs.

I mean mercedes and bmw made these cars without any restraints. These are their little

the only way infiniti or lexus can come close is to buy the entire bmw / mercedes design team.

I bet bmw and mercedes both have secret hard ons for each other when they look at both the CLS and 6 series coupe sedan. I mean look at them. they are simply breathtaking.
Now that's funny. You really believe this baloney?
Old 08-14-13, 07:11 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Sh1nra
Exactly my first thoughts!
Well, that is the approach taken by Mercedes, BMW and Audi where every car looks like a different sized iteration of the same car.
Old 08-14-13, 07:42 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 08-14-13, 09:33 AM
Megafast13
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah I also see them building the sleak elongated design like a CLS. Although I'd prefer a big flagslhip like an LS, and not concern themselves with the performance perspective at all.

Also.... Not sure if serious:

Old 08-14-13, 02:25 PM
Tantrix
Lead Lap

Let's get to the point here:

Old 08-14-13, 02:32 PM
Tantrix
Lead Lap

well just take a look at the last 8 years of bmw and mercedes design...then look at lexus and infiniti.

also, bmw made the grand touring sedan coupe SPECIFICALLY to answer back to the mercedes CLS.

Not the lexus GS, not the infiniti M, It is official and in articles and very SPECIFIC that it was done to answer and out do the CLS.

and as for buying out the design team..Look at what Kia did. KIA LITERALLY HAD TO BUY OUT THE HEAD DESIGNER of Audi. Not only did Kia have to buy them out, they had to use that as their marketing pitch.

Now do u see the europeans ever doing that ? Can u imagine Audi or volkswagon saying "from the head designers of Lexus".....Let's take things at face value here.

Originally Posted by speedflex
Now that's funny. You really believe this baloney?
Old 08-14-13, 07:52 PM
LexFather

"Cocaine is a helluva drug"

Old 08-14-13, 09:02 PM
Tantrix
Lead Lap

Just post up a pic of a lexus that comes close to the bmw gran touring or the mercedes CLS.

that's all u gotta do. No insinuations, no smack talk.

Originally Posted by Blueprint
"Cocaine is a helluva drug"
Old 08-15-13, 01:57 AM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Just post up a pic of a lexus that comes close to the bmw gran touring or the mercedes CLS.

that's all u gotta do. No insinuations, no smack talk.
Except this doesn't mean anything because whether or not a car looks good is entirely subjective. Clearly, you find German car designs to be more attractive than Lexus designs. That's great. I totally believe you, but there's no argument to "win" here because it's all a matter of taste.
Old 08-15-13, 07:39 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

well just take a look at the last 8 years of bmw and mercedes design...then look at lexus and infiniti.

also, bmw made the grand touring sedan coupe SPECIFICALLY to answer back to the mercedes CLS.

Not the lexus GS, not the infiniti M, It is official and in articles and very SPECIFIC that it was done to answer and out do the CLS.

and as for buying out the design team..Look at what Kia did. KIA LITERALLY HAD TO BUY OUT THE HEAD DESIGNER of Audi. Not only did Kia have to buy them out, they had to use that as their marketing pitch.

Now do u see the europeans ever doing that ? Can u imagine Audi or volkswagon saying "from the head designers of Lexus".....Let's take things at face value here.
Clearly you have a low opinion of design from the Japanese makes. I admit it hasn't all been great. But neither has it been for the Germans. BMW in particular hasn't done anything I would call intrinsically beautiful in a along time. They are great looking BMWs but they haven't really pushed the boundaries of car design forward. Benz does a better job of this than BMW. Audi is probably the best of the Germans in terms of styling and design.

But if you're talking about beauty in a 4-door coupe-like profile the Aston Martin Rapide stomps pretty holes in both the CLS and BMW 6 Grand Coupé. That's a Brit... maybe Infiniti should buy THAT design department instead.
Old 08-01-14, 11:02 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Infiniti will launch a flagship Q90 prove safety or Mercedes-Benz S-Class

Recently, Infiniti CEO John? Germany? Benny Chen said in an interview: Infiniti plans to launch a flagship luxury sedan. According to the new naming Infiniti, the new model is expected to named Q90, which will be listed with Mercedes-Benz S-Class, including several luxury brands flagship model competition.

Currently small displacement supercharged car has become the development direction, a number of luxury brands have started using the supercharged engine, such as BMW abandoned classic inline six-cylinder engine, equipped with a new N20 began turbocharged engine. The Infiniti Q90 is also expected to be powered by a newly developed V6 turbo engine for the vehicle provides ample power performance.

John? Germany? Benny Chen said that the new car will be in the power system with a new engine, but the body design, will draw Essence concept car design inspiration.

Infiniti executives said, Q90 launch, it will be with the Lexus LS, Mercedes-Benz S-Class, BMW 7 Series and Audi A8 models such as common competition D-class sedan market.

The future launch of Infiniti Q90, Infiniti will further enhance its own power, and with a variety of new models coming launch of its product line has been improved to meet the needs of more people in the car.
http://www.carsfans2011.com/2013/06/...-Benz-S-Class/
Old 08-01-14, 11:03 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Q80 or Q90: Infiniti will produce a performance-engine-powered four-door coupe in 2017 or 2018. It will be positioned above the Q70, although Infiniti has not disclosed the name. The Porsche Panamera fighter could share Mercedes-Benz's modular rear-wheel-drive architecture and carry a turbocharged V-6 capable of 600 hp to 700 hp, according to comments made by de Nysschen this year.
http://www.autonews.com/article/2014...products-ahead
Old 08-01-14, 11:05 AM
LexFather

"We need a flagship"
"No we won't build a flagship"
"We will build a flagship"
"No we won't build a flagship"
"We will build a flagship one day"
"No we will just rename the cars after our old flagship and call them all flagships"
"We did build a flagship"
"We built a flagship and it sunk"
"Seriously this time we will build a Flagship"
"Seriously we are not building a Flagship"

They really need to rename these cars...Q90 sounds like a radio station...

Old 08-01-14, 03:56 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Changing a new direction everyday it seems. I'll believe it when I see it.

Quick Reply: Mysterious Infiniti Flagship Sketch Leaked