Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

This guy was fed up with his BMW

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-13, 05:08 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Do the failures make them undrivable? like mechanical failure?

I wouldn't want to be standing so close to that clumsy old man with that axe.

That russian that destroyed his A8 a while back did a better job.
Old 09-16-13, 05:47 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pman6
Do the failures make them undrivable? like mechanical failure?

I wouldn't want to be standing so close to that clumsy old man with that axe.

That russian that destroyed his A8 a while back did a better job.
There are alot of "mechanically salvaged" M5 and M6s. Yes, the problems usually make them unable to run. Many of them get blown engines or transmission failures.
Old 09-16-13, 05:57 PM
Nospinzone

Received 419 Likes on 323 Posts

I recently saw a similar video of a Chinese man and some of his construction worker employees smashing a Lambo because he was disgusted with it.
Old 09-16-13, 06:05 PM
Overdose
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting trend as I remember seeing this video awhile back regarding a crew smashing up a Maserati (http://autos.yahoo.com/news/maserati...213234369.html)

Random but related thought: funny how the commentary is different between this posting and the one over at the IS-F section (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...heir-cars.html) even though it's the same thing...
Old 09-16-13, 06:09 PM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

He must be very rich.
Old 09-16-13, 06:17 PM
GriMan
Pole Position

Daaaayum!!! They tearing that BMER up. Painful to watch.
Old 09-16-13, 06:28 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by RCM83
This was the dumbest thing I've ever seen....why don't you just get rid of the car or give it away to charity? What an idiot.
That isn't the point, he considered it the "expense" he had to pay to get the PR necessary to get his message out.

Would you tell a company to give all of their marketing money away to charity simply because it was a expense or a means to an end?
Old 09-16-13, 07:08 PM
Petshark
Driver

This is probably the dumbest thread. No offense, but everyone on here acts like lexus never has any problems when lately every other thread being posted is about an issue. I would like to hold the reputation of being respectful toward others yet still a prideful lexus owner, not a disrespectful community, trash talking every car that isn't a lexus.
Old 09-16-13, 08:01 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Petshark
This is probably the dumbest thread. No offense, but everyone on here acts like lexus never has any problems when lately every other thread being posted is about an issue. I would like to hold the reputation of being respectful toward others yet still a prideful lexus owner, not a disrespectful community, trash talking every car that isn't a lexus.
Clearly you haven't spent much time in Car Chat. We may bicker every now and then, but this is generally a respectful and unbiased forum. No one said we're perfect and we're all entitled to our own opinions. However you first say that lately every other thread is bashing Lexus and then you end with we trash talk talk any car that isn't a Lexus, sounds hypocritical. Its obvious that if we can cover both then we are mainly unbiased despite a few strong minded individuals on the board. Go to another forum like bimmerfest, g35driver, mbworld etc.. and you'll find far more haters and a rougher community
Old 09-16-13, 08:03 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Petshark

nobody here is trashing "every car that isnt lexus", people are commenting on this specific situation where BMW couldnt solve car owners problem so owner staged PR to get them to their senses.

CL is probably last community on earth that you could accuse of talking trash to other brands, most of the mods dont even drive lexus anymore.

as to the German reliability, it is well documented in every survey known to man and beaten to death in various different topics... nothing unusual.
Old 09-16-13, 08:18 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

well.........that's one way to handle it ......
Old 09-16-13, 08:40 PM
Natey2
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow! Did the sledgehammer bounce off the front quarter panel as he hit it?! I'd imagine the car would have crumpled in that zone.

Many buy a BMW or a Benz because it is a status symbol, not because it is the most reliable car around. When the status symbol starts giving massive problems is when these people are compelled to re-evaluate their decision to have bought one.

Sent from an Android device using IB AutoGroup forum reader.
Old 09-16-13, 08:47 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Natey2
Wow! Did the sledgehammer bounce off the front quarter panel as he hit it?! I'd imagine the car would have crumpled in that zone.

Many buy a BMW or a Benz because it is a status symbol, not because it is the most reliable car around. When the status symbol starts giving massive problems is when these people are compelled to re-evaluate their decision to have bought one.

Sent from an Android device using IB AutoGroup forum reader.
If you can afford something like an M6 over a plebeian base BMW then you can surely afford the repair costs
Old 09-17-13, 12:35 AM
Petshark
Driver

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Clearly you haven't spent much time in Car Chat. We may bicker every now and then, but this is generally a respectful and unbiased forum. No one said we're perfect and we're all entitled to our own opinions. However you first say that lately every other thread is bashing Lexus and then you end with we trash talk talk any car that isn't a Lexus, sounds hypocritical. Its obvious that if we can cover both then we are mainly unbiased despite a few strong minded individuals on the board. Go to another forum like bimmerfest, g35driver, mbworld etc.. and you'll find far more haters and a rougher community
The thread was moved, it was originally under the IsF form, not "Car Chat." Hypocritical? I said a lot of threads lately have mentioned issues with lexus. Doesn't mention anything about bashing lexus, but ok.
Old 09-17-13, 07:44 AM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

This guys video did what he intended it to do. It's blown up on all the car websites and definitely bad PR for BMW.

If you own an M6, you're car value just crashed and burned.

I don't think I would waste my time and money doing this, but hey, I'm not rich and trying to prove a point.

Quick Reply: This guy was fed up with his BMW