Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

This guy was fed up with his BMW

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-13, 07:48 AM
Infra
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, look, another conceited rich guy throwing a tantrum because people won't bend over backwards for him.
Old 09-17-13, 12:16 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Can you imagine 4 years of frustration? 4 years of having to go back and forth to the dealership?. 4 years of your pride and joy -- the car you waited to own like a kid? And it doesn't work? Your friends are laughing at you. Your pride and joy becomes the demon that torments you everyday?

Hell yes, if I had the dough and went through 4 years of hell including a corporation doing little to help -- I'd smash my car at the Frankfurt Auto Show to make a point -- to get back some satisfaction.
Old 09-17-13, 12:27 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I dont blame him.
Old 09-17-13, 12:31 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Glashub
Can you imagine 4 years of frustration? 4 years of having to go back and forth to the dealership?. 4 years of your pride and joy -- the car you waited to own like a kid? And it doesn't work? Your friends are laughing at you. Your pride and joy becomes the demon that torments you everyday?

Hell yes, if I had the dough and went through 4 years of hell including a corporation doing little to help -- I'd smash my car at the Frankfurt Auto Show to make a point -- to get back some satisfaction.
Ill be honest and admit that when I was having my 31 months of vibration issues with my car I often thought about getting rid of it , but not beating the **** out of it. Luckily Lexus stepped up. Cant say the same for BMW in this case
Old 09-17-13, 12:37 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Ill be honest and admit that when I was having my 31 months of vibration issues with my car I often thought about getting rid of it , but not beating the **** out of it. Luckily Lexus stepped up. Cant say the same for BMW in this case
Ah well, what if you had to go through another 17 months of that? Huh? Who knows where the breaking point is? Maybe he was still cool at 31 months -- but at 48 months he blew a gasket.
Old 09-17-13, 01:16 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I can totally identify with the level of frustration. At one point I was going to drive down and trade my LS for a 750 even at a 7k loss. I didnt care anymore
Old 09-17-13, 01:34 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

lol I just noticed your signature -- you're doing digitally to Bell Lexus what this guy is trying to do physically -- let everyone know to beware.
Old 09-17-13, 02:35 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Glashub
lol I just noticed your signature -- you're doing digitally to Bell Lexus what this guy is trying to do physically -- let everyone know to beware.
LOL. You are 150% correct. I will continue to bash them and let any and everyone know what they did to me and my car. Every time I post its another place on the web people can find this info

I was recently on dealerrater.com and saw my review and a bunch similar to mine. Aint nothin changed but the date at Bell Lexus
Old 09-17-13, 02:38 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Infra
Hey, look, another conceited rich guy throwing a tantrum because people won't bend over backwards for him.
I think you are stretching this a bit. Plus rich guys dont throw tantrums. The can throw money at the problem. This guy is basically wiping his *** with BMWs top GT car and he is getting a lot of exposure on all of the autoblogs and sites. He wanted attention....he got it. If BMW was a real customer care company they would get involved and make this dude happy. Not worth the bad press.
Old 09-17-13, 03:09 PM
LexFather

I could understand. In the past I stated one car I owned as a teen that was such a P.O.S I was literally at the dealership getting disrespectful and shoddy service "under warranty"nearly every weekend it seemed. It was a nightmare. The car would work when it wanted, it kept me stranded, . The brand today is much better but good luck getting me to buy one today.

Its a demonstration, just like a sit-in, a hunger strike etc. This just happens to include an ax

Old 09-17-13, 05:38 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Blueprint
I could understand. In the past I stated one car I owned as a teen that was such a P.O.S I was literally at the dealership getting disrespectful and shoddy service "under warranty"nearly every weekend it seemed. It was a nightmare. The car would work when it wanted, it kept me stranded, . The brand today is much better but good luck getting me to buy one today.

Its a demonstration, just like a sit-in, a hunger strike etc. This just happens to include an ax
Exactly.
Old 09-17-13, 07:15 PM
Harbinger
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or you know, sell it... though I totally understanding hating a vehicle so much that you want to destroy it. I used a sawzall instead of a sledgehammer and axe. Felt REALLY good.
Old 09-18-13, 08:39 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

The way the hammer bounced off the panels were crazy

But that was his mistake. He should've known that German cars have an expiration date of 3 years, you know, when the lease expires.
Nobody in their right mind know to drink the milk past the expiration date, unless you want to make your own cottage cheese
Old 09-18-13, 10:23 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,413 Likes on 1,582 Posts

most ridiculous 'tantrum' i've ever seen. sorry bmw drivers here, but it fits the stereotype male bmw-driver... "look at me, look at me!!!!!!!"

guy just has anger management issues about a first world problem. don't like the car and it's been a problem? sell it and move on.
Old 09-18-13, 11:35 AM
Overdose
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
most ridiculous 'tantrum' i've ever seen. sorry bmw drivers here, but it fits the stereotype male bmw-driver... "look at me, look at me!!!!!!!"
Does your statement apply to Lambo and Maserati drivers as well?

Lamborghini Gallardo smash

Maserati Quattroporte smashed in protest in Qingdao over bad customer service

Quick Reply: This guy was fed up with his BMW