Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Ram truck news

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-16, 04:20 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
Actually the old ones came either with the extended cab or 4 door crew cab, except for the 2010 model year, which was extended cab only. Ford listened to their customers and made the 4 door crew cab optional after a year.

I really wish Toyota would do something similar with the Tacoma, as the smaller size would make it a lot more handy off road. Thing about the Raptor(and probably this new Dodge) is that they are really WIDE with the flared fenders. Several inches wider than a regular F150 in fact. Makes it look cool, like a desert racing trophy truck, but makes it impractical for taking through a trail through the woods, something the Tacoma and its smaller size does a lot better.
Toyota Tacomas with a rear locker are pretty good off road vehicles. Same thing with the 4Runner trail.
Old 10-02-16, 04:49 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Toyota Tacomas with a rear locker are pretty good off road vehicles. Same thing with the 4Runner trail.
Yeah, the Toyota TRD off-road package for trucks is quite credible....there's no denying that. But they're not Raptors. The Raptor's underpinnings have to be seen to be believed. The one I reviewed, several years ago, with its big wheels and off-road tires, sat high enough off the ground that even a guy of my size was able to lie on my back, stick my head partially underneath it, and check out some of the frame/suspension/steering pieces myself. I was amazed at the size of them. I didn't have a camera-phone in those days, though, so I couldn't take shots of them.