Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-13, 07:34 PM
Killer_IS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No regard for traffic laws or human life. Stopping in front of the vehicle, your asking for it lol. He sleeps nicely in that bed.
Old 10-01-13, 07:34 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

So it was a huge illegal meeting without a permit that was very important to their families where they want all the highway for them at the cost of harassing everyone? WTF are those punks the GOds of the road. ..That bullie got what he deserve. I have no sympathy for him.Hope the police get them all.
Old 10-01-13, 07:37 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by rai
we can't all be supercool like you..
With people like you, I guess that's why this type of *ish always happens out in the East Coast, eh?!

Last edited by ST430; 10-01-13 at 07:42 PM.
Old 10-01-13, 07:42 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Killer_IS
No regard for traffic laws or human life. Stopping in front of the vehicle, your asking for it lol. He sleeps nicely in that bed.
Wow, you do realize this guy that was paralyzed was just an innocent bystander checking up on an injured biker? The dude who broke check the RR is a different guy (Christopher Cruz )....
Old 10-01-13, 07:48 PM
Killer_IS
Rookie

Originally Posted by ST430
Wow, you do realize this guy that was paralyzed was just an innocent bystander checking up on an injured biker? The dude who broke check the RR is a different guy (Christopher Cruz )....
Bystander lol, please man. Sounds like a poor *** excuse when you get your *** handed to you. I see a bunch of cowardly hood rats surrounding the vehicle. Ask for it and you will get it.
Old 10-01-13, 08:09 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

i guess everyone that stopped was innocent bystanders, he was just the unlucky innocent bystander that got ran over.

lets say if i was really an innocent bystander that just witnessed a love tap on someones bumper. would it be smart for me to stop my car in the middle of the freeway and get out and start walking towards the victim? would it be a tragedy if i got hit? would i be entitled to sue for my negligence?
Old 10-01-13, 08:14 PM
po1qw
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...jV08KZpNA#t=25

ST430 you know that the guy in the coma is the same guy in this video, The guy in the coma is the same guy running pass RED light doing wheelie in streets DRIVING on the wrong side of the road Not to mention he has his buddy with dirt bikes and ATV chilling on the road like nothing is wrong.
sorry MY SYMPATHY LEVEL IS STILL AT ZERO
Old 10-01-13, 08:14 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

If he got ran over, can we all agree it was because he was in front of the Range Rover??? Why would you be in front of the Range Rover after said accident / incident??? To prevent the RR from getting out of there, while it was being beaten, tires slashed, etc. Sounds like a bad place to be, but this guy obviously wasn't thinking, most likely due to the mob mentality that accompanies this sort of thing. He figured, there are so many of us, we're untouchable. It sucks he got hurt as bad as he did, but he is not innocent, not in the least - he was, if nothing more, impeding traffic, but in this situation, could even be considered taking someone hostage, or at least an accessory to it...

I won't even go into how lawless everyone was being both before and after.

I feel bad for the guy in the RR. He didn't intend to hurt anyone when he mashed the accelerator - he feared for his own well being, and most likely more importantly to him at the time, the well being of his wife and young child. Unfortunately for the guy in the hospital, he put his own self in harms way by attempting to keep the RR at bay. RR guy didn't swerve to run over any more on purpose, he was just fleeing.

I would have done the same.
Old 10-01-13, 09:14 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

So you should only blame Christopher Cruz & not the RR driver. He started the whole thing. How innocent for the RR driver to caught up with so many trouble maker.
Old 10-01-13, 09:15 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

This event is real scary to me personally......living in NYC - these biker gangs should all be banned.
Absolutely no respect for other human beings.

I can't imagine having my family in that situation.
Looks like something out of a movie - esp when the RR went over those bikes.
All the best to the RR owner and his family!

Last edited by RNM GS3; 10-01-13 at 09:26 PM.
Old 10-01-13, 09:23 PM
GTSLEX
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those bikers are a bunch of low class hoodlums. If I was in RR with my wife and child and being harassed, I would have run the dude over, put the RR in reverse and run him over again!
Old 10-01-13, 10:14 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GTSLEX
Those bikers are a bunch of low class hoodlums. If I was in RR with my wife and child and being harassed, I would have run the dude over, put the RR in reverse and run him over again!
Remind me never to go to a CL meet with you guys lol....
Old 10-01-13, 11:28 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

There's a lesson to be learned here. Slam on your brakes while riding a motorcycle in front of an SUV and you might get run over. Park your motorcycle in front of an SUV while your buddies pound on it and slash its tires and you might get run over.
Old 10-02-13, 12:58 AM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Old 10-02-13, 02:33 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

It looks like everyone has their take, so I won't debate further. As I said, I do NOT condone the actions by the bikers, but think cooler heads could of prevailed to de-escalate the situation. I see many things that went wrong in this situation, but find it questionable that running over bikers is justifiable. In this day and age where people are quick to blame, hurt, or kill others, I rather just make wiser decisions then and only then take actions IF it absolutely warranted it.
I don't know who you are ST430 and I don't care, but you're the only one defending the actions of these *** clowns and so you said "You don't condone but you battle on for them" You obviously don't read or use logical common sense thinking.

As discussed, there are so many possibilities what would happen to the RR family if he didn't escape the scene which resulted in the *** clown getting ran over. Obviously from your comments, you don't have a family or a wife. Ok, so.. What could have happened if he just sat there and waited for them to have their fun and just go away..

Screnario #1. They could have killed him for fun and take his family hostage to do whatever they want.

Scenario #2. They could try to shame him by beat his *** and hold him while they assaulted his wife and child.

I guess in your world, you would sit there and Let them have their way with your wife and daughter.. (yeah right)

If you blocked my car, taunt me and show this type of Aggression, damage my car and try to enter my vehicle with family inside., Me running your *** over will be the least of your problems.

Remind me never to go to a CL meet with you guys lol....
Yea, don't show up with this Biker attitude cuz if you act the fool with me, I'll run your *** down and I wouldn't even blink an eye or give it a 2nd thought..

Quick Reply: NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV