Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-13, 01:38 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Almost all of the bikers involved had their numberplates removed. Many were not even registered for the road or even road-legal.
Just this fact is not good for their side, I mean it pretty much shows INTENT and PER-Meditated to do harm or a menace to society if you're removing your plates before you go out.. (not going to be pretty in court for these guys) This will be one interesting Case once it goes to Trial.
Old 10-02-13, 01:38 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Glashub
Bad men would not have stopped with a slashing or broken windows. Trust me on that one.
1. They slashed his tires before any of the real violence started (as in before the LR driver did anything that you could even argue would get their "adrenaline" flowing).
2. They didn't stop at broken windows. They beat a man into a hospital visit in front of his family.
3. As someone pointed out, they didn't stop voluntarily.
4. So good men slash tires, break windows, and beat men in front of their families? You're only a bad guy if you kill someone?

I'm sorry, but you are giving the bikers WAAAY too much credit. They ignited the situation, and then they let testosterone and senselessness lead the way into disaster. They take 100% of the blame and are lucky that things were not even worse for them. There is no devil's advocate side here. Every biker involved is a menace, and the Land Rover driver did absolutely nothing wrong... other than buying a Land Rover.

Last edited by RocketGuy3; 10-02-13 at 01:44 PM.
Old 10-02-13, 01:50 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 127 Likes on 68 Posts

Curious, would you all say that this driver who ran over several bicyclist is also innocent (although he is facing multiple felony charges)? Again, I'm NOT taking sides with the bikers, just astonished at the reactions so far....these are very similar incidents.....

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/03/wo...azil.html?_r=0

Here's the interview with him as well:

http://www.theurbancountry.com/2011/...interview.html

Fantástico: But were you angry at that moment?

Neis: No, I was panicking. I was scared. I was afraid.

Fantástico: You could not have avoided the mass trampling?

Neis: If I could have predicted what would happen. If I could have prevented the attack. But I would need to have a crystal ball.

Fantástico: Would it not have been better to stop the car and ask a police officer for help, trying to divert the situation?

Neis: How? There would be no time, none.

Fantástico: But you could have killed a cyclist…

Neis: I acted impulsively.

Fantástico: Did you act out of revenge?

Neis: Absolutely not. I acted on the instinct to escape. You must agree with me that you cannot have a demonstration, or a march in the middle of traffic, right? I think it’s not appropriate.

- See more at: http://www.theurbancountry.com/2011/....1Vc17TKR.dpuf
Old 10-02-13, 01:56 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Update: NYC DA: Bike assault thug won't be charged at this time

“We arrested [Cruz] because of pressure from [police brass] to make an arrest in this case,” a second source said.
“It was completely against [the prosecutor's] judgment. The case is week. We needed much more investigation.”
Old 10-02-13, 01:59 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ST430
I bet your pants are very tight right now.
Old 10-02-13, 02:04 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Joeb427
I bet your pants are very tight right now.
Ummm, what do I have to do with this update?
Old 10-02-13, 02:06 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Ummm, what do I have to do with this update?
Because so happy by that update.
In any case that guy will have to live with the fact because his actions,there's a guy in coma and paralyzed and a guy with his face knife slashed and other injuries..
Old 10-02-13, 02:08 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Because so happy by that update.
In any case that guy will have to live with the fact because his actions,there's a guy in coma and paralyzed and a guy with his face knife slashed and other injuries..
Why would I be happy? Because 2 people have been hospitalized or that people further incriminate/associate all bikers as criminals or that society accepts violence as a solution to everything these days? Sure, if it makes you feel good...
Old 10-02-13, 02:12 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Why would I be happy? Because 2 people have been hospitalized or that people further incriminate/associate all bikers as criminals or that society accepts violence as a solution to everything these days? Sure, if it makes you feel good...
You've been defending the bikers in this thread.The instigator just got off.You probably couldn't wait to post that article.
No one said all bikers are criminals.these guys were having a bit too much fun or did you not see the other videos?
Old 10-02-13, 02:18 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/the...603736/@orlove

The deleted videos above show how drivers on the highway have problems navigating with these bikers swarming them.
In the 3rd video, you can see drivers stopped in the middle of the highway, some trying to change lanes, but unable to because the bikers keep swarming.

In the 4th video, around the 2:10 mark, the camera records the biker inputting his atm pin code at the gas pump. haha

Last edited by pman6; 10-02-13 at 02:26 PM.
Old 10-02-13, 02:20 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just putting this out there (not sure if its been posted yet or not)

"Though Mieses is a Massachusetts resident, he has never had a valid Massachusetts driver’s license for a passenger vehicle and has never applied for a motorcycle license, the Registry of Motor Vehicles said.
Registry records show that Mieses applied for a learner’s permit in 1999 and 2000, but that he never obtained a full license because he failed to pay fines imposed after he was ticketed for speeding in Lawrence in 1999. His last contact with the Registry was in 2001, when he obtained an identification card, registry records show.
Since 1999, he has been ticketed by police 16 times, in Lawrence, Methuen, Roxbury, Andover, and New Hampshire, according to registry records.
In June, the Registry notified the National Driver Register that Mieses was a habitual traffic offender whose right to drive in Massachusetts was revoked until 2017, records show."

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...BaL/story.html
Old 10-02-13, 02:24 PM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 114 Posts

I used to ride - owned a Suzuki GSX-R 600 and I love to hear these sounds but I can't defend these thugs for what they did. If I was Mr. Lien I would do everything I can to protect my family which means I would run over these F*uckers as well. There will be more body bags.
Old 10-02-13, 02:24 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ExtremeDimensions
Just putting this out there (not sure if its been posted yet or not)

"Though Mieses is a Massachusetts resident, he has never had a valid Massachusetts driver’s license for a passenger vehicle and has never applied for a motorcycle license, the Registry of Motor Vehicles said.
Registry records show that Mieses applied for a learner’s permit in 1999 and 2000, but that he never obtained a full license because he failed to pay fines imposed after he was ticketed for speeding in Lawrence in 1999. His last contact with the Registry was in 2001, when he obtained an identification card, registry records show.
Since 1999, he has been ticketed by police 16 times, in Lawrence, Methuen, Roxbury, Andover, and New Hampshire, according to registry records.
In June, the Registry notified the National Driver Register that Mieses was a habitual traffic offender whose right to drive in Massachusetts was revoked until 2017, records show."

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...BaL/story.html
He is clearly an innocent model citizen with a clean driving record, just out having a peaceful cruise
Old 10-02-13, 02:27 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This kind of behavior is not uncommon. The same thing happened to me to a lesser degree about six months ago. I was at a red light when a pack of 10-15 bikes came up behind me. Some of them decided to go around on the shoulder so they could be in front when the light changed.

When the light changed, I went. Some of them were still on the shoulder trying to get around. The ones behind me turned on their brights. The ones in front started brake checking me. I have limo tint, so their brights didn't do anything. They didn't, so mine did.

If they had tried to stop in front of me, I would have run them over too. If they want to prove natural selection and the theory of evolution, I'm ok with that.
Old 10-02-13, 02:34 PM
ST430
Pole Position

You've been defending the bikers in this thread.The instigator just got off.You probably couldn't wait to post that article.
No one said all bikers are criminals.these guys were having a bit too much fun or did you not see the other videos?
I've been defending?

I've been feeling sorry for the one biker that got hurt and thought that situation could of been de-escalated. Because of your hatred for them (or me lol), you translated that differently. I'm Asian, just like the dude in the RR, so i have sympathy for him as well, but as I said all along, I think if calmer heads prevailed, no one should of got hurt.

So would you also defend the guy in Brazil that ran over the bicyclists?

Quick Reply: NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV