Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-13, 06:30 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you notice how he kept dropping back and pointing people towards the RR? I'll bet he made a ton of money off his You Tube channel with this. And I'd bet his *** is grass in the hood.
Old 10-03-13, 06:41 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Glashub
Wonder what happens to the guy who recorded it all and let the footage appear online. Isn't that kind of like snitching?
That fool probably thought he had a smoking gun against the RR driver. He posted a pre-incident video also but shortly deleted it. But not before someone already saved it. Bunch of braniacs.
Old 10-03-13, 06:47 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormforge
the RR driver's face getting slashed...did this occur after they boxed him in and started slashing his tires and bashing on his vehicle, or afterwards when the driver fled and they later caught up to him?
it happened after they caught up to him and after the video stopped.

A photo of the SUV driver, 33-year-old, Alexian Lien, after bikers attacked him.
Old 10-03-13, 08:03 AM
rai
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was reading about Bernhard Goetz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernhard_Goetz

Some might not recall the story, but he shot 4 muggers on the NYC subway and he was tried for attempted murder but only convicted of having an unregistered weapon.

the point of the matter in both cases is very similar, the alleged muggers did not have a case against Goetz, or being associated with one mugger the friends or supplemental muggers were as guilty as the first or instigating mugger, even if they were just there for moral support.

One mugger did win a civil verdict against Goetz but he has said he has not paid a dime in that, but this would be my biggest concern if I was the RR driver who probably has assets.

I believe any bikers who are on the street with no tags, masks on their face, swarming and causing mischief should not be able to sue in civil court. I am not sure of the law, but to me, drive without a tag etc.. Is an admission of guilt.

Last edited by rai; 10-03-13 at 08:07 AM.
Old 10-03-13, 08:06 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

A new and dangerous breed of motorcycle gang is popping up around the country, say authorities, as packs of young bikers on high-speed “crotch rockets” barrel down crowded highways performing stunts, weaving through traffic and taunting police, all for a few minutes of Internet glory.

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_n...ng-police?lite
Old 10-03-13, 08:27 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by rai
I was reading about Bernhard Goetz

Bernhard Goetz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some might not recall the story, but he shot 4 muggers on the NYC subway and he was tried for attempted murder but only convicted of having an unregistered weapon.

the point of the matter in both cases is very similar, the alleged muggers did not have a case against Goetz, or being associated with one mugger the friends or supplemental muggers were as guilty as the first or instigating mugger, even if they were just there for moral support.

One mugger did win a civil verdict against Goetz but he has said he has not paid a dime in that, but this would be my biggest concern if I was the RR driver who probably has assets.

I believe any bikers who are on the street with no tags, masks on their face, swarming and causing mischief should not be able to sue in civil court. I am not sure of the law, but to me, drive without a tag etc.. Is an admission of guilt.
No civil jury will award anything.
The RR driver had his family in the vehicle.Any jury would see he was trying to protect his family.Same would go for a criminal trial.
Old 10-03-13, 08:50 AM
Killer_IS
Rookie

The guy with the gopro filming Kevin Bresloff, 37
Much of the attack was captured on video, and police said the person wearing the helmet-mounted camera that captured the video was seen getting on a motorcycle registered to Kevin Bresloff, 37. Police also reportedly received a tip at their Crime Stoppers hotline from someone who said that Kevin Bresloff was wearing a helmet cam and filmed the incident.
http://worldnewsviews.com/2013/10/02...investigation/

Last edited by Killer_IS; 10-03-13 at 08:51 AM. Reason: WAHHH
Old 10-03-13, 08:57 AM
Killer_IS
Rookie

This bastard is from Long Island. I hope he comes out to the Hamptons and meet my 4500 Kodiak.
Old 10-03-13, 09:11 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

^^^^

lol. Or did you mean LI City?
Old 10-03-13, 09:21 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

I agree.

Could a moderator PLEASE change the title of this thread.

Originally Posted by pman6
Instead of carbon copying the autoblog post title, you should change this thread title to-

SWARM of NYC bikers caught on video harassing Land Rover driver
Old 10-03-13, 09:38 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Killer_IS
The guy with the gopro filming Kevin Bresloff, 37
Much of the attack was captured on video, and police said the person wearing the helmet-mounted camera that captured the video was seen getting on a motorcycle registered to Kevin Bresloff, 37. Police also reportedly received a tip at their Crime Stoppers hotline from someone who said that Kevin Bresloff was wearing a helmet cam and filmed the incident.
http://worldnewsviews.com/2013/10/02...investigation/
It would be hilarious if at the vigil, the cops start arresting people involved in the incident. LOL
Old 10-03-13, 09:53 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

slightly off topic, but wondering if RR had tinted front windows, would the bikers be able to pull driver out of his RR? my understanding (correct me if i'm wrong) is that after RR was chased down, they pulled the guy out of his vehicle and started to beat him up. the only way that can happen is if they smashed his front windows, popped the front door lock open, and dragged him out of the RR. with tinted windows (or even clear film), smashing the front window to gain access to the door lock would be extremely difficult.
Old 10-03-13, 10:02 AM
rai
Lead Lap

Would have been funny if the RR guy was like Bruce Lee, or like Umma Thurmon from Kill Bill.

I wonder if he or his wife had been packing a gun would he have got into any trouble since there was no one to protect him, what is a person to do if on the one hand he cold be killed but on the other hand it would be illegal to carry a gun to protect himself?
Old 10-03-13, 10:04 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I may be missing sumthing here??

From what I seen the RR driver hits a motorcyclist, theyre probably pissed off as anyone would be getting rear ended,so he he runs them over in an attempt to flee an accident? they then give chase and beat his ***?

uh, for one...if you rear-end anyone, you are at fault,you flee the scene...thats another charge. HOWEVER, you ran over other people who were in the area, paralyzed a guy and hospitalized others because u got scared?

The way I see it: SUV driver caused the issue and sadly injured more people because he feared for his family. However, If he cared about his wife and kid, he wouldnt have been billy bad *** and hit the motorcyclist in the first place.

what made him think it would be ok to hit a biker...who is amongst MANY friends? He's an idiot

too bad, so sad...street justice...dont run over people with cars and you wont get ur *** beat.

yeah, they were wrong to hold up traffic,but he was wrong taking the law into his own hands and hitting someone with an SUV.

You cant pick a fight and then claim victem when u get your *** beat. LoL!!

At teh end of the day. Those involved with the beat down should be charged and punished, but the suv driver should be facing charges as well.
Old 10-03-13, 10:05 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rai
Would have been funny if the RR guy was like Bruce Lee, or like Umma Thurmon from Kill Bill.

I wonder if he or his wife had been packing a gun would he have got into any trouble since there was no one to protect him, what is a person to do if on the one hand he cold be killed but on the other hand it would be illegal to carry a gun to protect himself?
yes, he would be in trouble...You do realize they were in NY right?

Most likely he would be dead and his family as well. odds are that he's outgunned and would be an idiot to even draw down on someone.

People always talk that big gun talk on the internet. LoL!! Youre not pullin nothin out on a group that deep, unless you (and ur fam )are ready to die that day...most likely youre not, u better think about using ur mouth piece vs that dusty piece in ur glovebox.

too many Bruce Willis , Rambo movies have clouded peoples common sense.

Last edited by DriftGirl; 10-03-13 at 10:24 AM.

Quick Reply: NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV