Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-13, 10:55 AM
rai
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DriftGirl
whelp, theres part of the problem right there....its NOTHING NEW. I went to my first one over a decade ago...whats new is the fact that a pedestrian got involved with a SideShow

Thread title should read: SIDESHOW GOES WRONG!!

Its hella old to me...which is funny to read about this "new breed of gangs"
Used to be a time when drinking and driving was nothing but just boys will be boys etc..

Point is that these gatherings are dangerous and an inconvenience to everyone except *** clowns, and hopefully there will be a crackdown on this much like drunk driving with more severe penalties etc,, so normal people don't have to be inconvenienced or injured as was the case here.
Old 10-03-13, 10:55 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by praetor
Yeap! She's definitely in it just for herself. I must admit she's a great pot stirrer.
shes an asshat
Old 10-03-13, 10:59 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Folks please remember the warning I posted yesterday
Old 10-03-13, 11:02 AM
Sh1nra
Pole Position

I may be missing sumthing here??

From what I seen the RR driver hits a motorcyclist, theyre probably pissed off as anyone would be getting rear ended,so he he runs them over in an attempt to flee an accident? they then give chase and beat his ***?

uh, for one...if you rear-end anyone, you are at fault,you flee the scene...thats another charge. HOWEVER, you ran over other people who were in the area, paralyzed a guy and hospitalized others because u got scared?

The way I see it: SUV driver caused the issue and sadly injured more people because he feared for his family. However, If he cared about his wife and kid, he wouldnt have been billy bad *** and hit the motorcyclist in the first place.

what made him think it would be ok to hit a biker...who is amongst MANY friends? He's an idiot

too bad, so sad...street justice...dont run over people with cars and you wont get ur *** beat.

yeah, they were wrong to hold up traffic,but he was wrong taking the law into his own hands and hitting someone with an SUV.

You cant pick a fight and then claim victem when u get your *** beat. LoL!!

At teh end of the day. Those involved with the beat down should be charged and punished, but the suv driver should be facing charges as well.
If you watch and listen to the videovery closely then you might get more of an understanding.
The RR was driving on the freeway and as the group of motorcyclist passed by (Even surrounding him, why couldn't they just pass him? They simply boxed him in), one of the motorcyclist got too close to his lane (
) Pay attention at 0:19, the motorcyclist with the white top and dark backpack.
The driver honked because the motorcyclist was getting too close to his lane, and it's almost instinct to do that. Would you honk at someone if they were drifting to your lane?
Afterwards the motorcyclist can be seen looking back at the driver constantly. (He probably got pissed because he got honked at. Everyone hates getting honked at, even if they are at the wrong)
And from that point on, the motorcyclist decided to brake check him, he did that on purpose and ends up getting "rear ended". We don't know how badly but we know he got rear ended.
Suddenly everyone stops on the freeway and boxed the RR in. Who knows how much more motorcyclist is behind him. (Probably over 30 hot headed individuals)
It's been reported that his tires got slashed at that point, they hit his car, and they even tried to forcefully open his door.

Your surrounded by possibly over 30 motorcyclist because one decided to be a douche and cause a scene.
So what would you do? Stay there and have your car get damaged? And since one person has a knife, who knows how many more is carrying a weapon with them. You don't know if they want to resolve the situation in a civilized manner or like barbarians. He feared for his life and his family's so he tried to flee the scene but end up running over the motorcyclist as a result because they blocked his escape.

I don't see anything wrong with that. Majority of us would have done the same thing. I don't have a wife or kid, but if my parents were in the car, I would have done the same thing.

Once again. Your missing ALOT. You need to rewatch the videos and click the various links throughout this topic.
The group itself is known for causing multiple traffic violations as damaging other cars on purpose.
Old 10-03-13, 11:05 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rai
Used to be a time when drinking and driving was nothing but just boys will be boys etc..

Point is that these gatherings are dangerous and an inconvenience to everyone except *** clowns, and hopefully there will be a crackdown on this much like drunk driving with more severe penalties etc,, so normal people don't have to be inconvenienced or injured as was the case here.
Thats very true....

same went with street racing ,Drifting, etc...

I remember back in the day a guy who knew the racing spots (one of the racers dad) would come and drive his van up and down the street (used for racing then) to stop the them from racing.
His family had lost a lot of money from his son running into parked cars AND a building in the same night

He'd then follow the packs of cars to stop them from racing at another spot. his heart was in the right place, even tho his head wasnt.

Call the police..but dont pull a Zimmerman and take the law into ur own hands. yeah, He got away with murder....but at what cost?

The best thing to do is understand the situation youre in...and use your head.
Old 10-03-13, 11:13 AM
rai
Lead Lap

Thats very true....

same went with street racing ,Drifting, etc...

Call the police..but dont pull a Zimmerman and take the law into ur own hands. yeah, He got away with murder....but at what cost?

The best thing to do is understand the situation youre in...and use your head.
I agree. Zimmerman was probably wrong but THIS is a whole different case where we have video evidence.

RR driver was in the right to drive away from people attacking him, Zimmerman did not have to get tangle up with Travon, but RR driver was boxed into a corner.
There is enough danger on the HW just trying to drive normal without having sport bikes doing wheelies or as I witnessed one guy standing on the seat of his bike while doing 70 Mph if he wants to kill himself fine just don't do it around me or my love ones or any productive member of society or near anything valuable that you don't own or have the ability to pay for.

Last edited by rai; 10-03-13 at 11:16 AM.
Old 10-03-13, 11:15 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Sh1nra
If you watch and listen to the videovery closely then you might get more of an understanding.
The RR was driving on the freeway and as the group of motorcyclist passed by (Even surrounding him, why couldn't they just pass him? They simply boxed him in), one of the motorcyclist got too close to his lane (Range Rover VS Biker Gang - NYC Road Rage (FULL VIDEO HD) - YouTube) Pay attention at 0:19, the motorcyclist with the white top and dark backpack.
The driver honked because the motorcyclist was getting too close to his lane, and it's almost instinct to do that. Would you honk at someone if they were drifting to your lane?
Afterwards the motorcyclist can be seen looking back at the driver constantly. (He probably got pissed because he got honked at. Everyone hates getting honked at, even if they are at the wrong)
And from that point on, the motorcyclist decided to brake check him, he did that on purpose and ends up getting "rear ended". We don't know how badly but we know he got rear ended.
Suddenly everyone stops on the freeway and boxed the RR in. Who knows how much more motorcyclist is behind him. (Probably over 30 hot headed individuals)
It's been reported that his tires got slashed at that point, they hit his car, and they even tried to forcefully open his door.

Your surrounded by possibly over 30 motorcyclist because one decided to be a douche and cause a scene.
So what would you do? Stay there and have your car get damaged? And since one person has a knife, who knows how many more is carrying a weapon with them. You don't know if they want to resolve the situation in a civilized manner or like barbarians. He feared for his life and his family's so he tried to flee the scene but end up running over the motorcyclist as a result because they blocked his escape.

I don't see anything wrong with that. Majority of us would have done the same thing. I don't have a wife or kid, but if my parents were in the car, I would have done the same thing.

Once again. Your missing ALOT. You need to rewatch the videos and click the various links throughout this topic.
The group itself is known for causing multiple traffic violations as damaging other cars on purpose.
watched it...SUV driver is an idiot. shouldve just let them pass.

Honestly, I get it but even if youre RIGHT, you can make the wrong decision.

you're talking to someone who has done mountain driving in Japan, to sideshows all over Cali. I get it..I know what happened, ive seen it before...just never to this violent level.

JUST LET THEM PASS

People keep talking "right / Wrong" but at the endof the day, YOU have to decide if its worth it. People are all ovver talking about how they'd pull strap or run people over,this n that...that guy didnt know what to do and freaked out.

Bikers , street racers, Drifters are wrong to put on sideshows...WE ALL CAN AGREE right? but the way u react (right or wrong) sets the table for things to come.

Last edited by DriftGirl; 10-03-13 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-03-13, 11:18 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rai
I agree. Zimmerman was probably wrong but THIS is a whole different case where we have video evidence.

There is enough danger on the HW just trying to drive normal without having sport bikes doing wheelies or as I witnessed one guy standing on the seat of his bike while doing 70 Mph if he wants to kill himself fine just don't do it around me or my love ones or any productive member of society or near anything valuable that you don't own or have the ability to pay for.
TOTALLY agree with you

you'd be surprised about some of the people that ride or attend or participate in sideshows. Its a rush that the poor and the wealthy are addicted to.
Old 10-03-13, 11:23 AM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

People keep talking "right / Wrong" but at the endof the day, YOU have to decide if its worth it.
drift.... that is a two way street as well, the bikers made a decision and found out how causality works... while the RR guy got his *** beat, a few got ran over also
Old 10-03-13, 11:31 AM
rai
Lead Lap

I don't want to get into a fight with anyone, but if you see all the other videos of the event where they are driving against traffic, I mean splitting lanes against traffic, attacking other cars etc..

Plus the fact some of these bikes were not street bikes, no brake lights etc,. No ID tags so they can't be identified in the video, riders wearing masks etc...

It would be very hard for me or most people to take their side or give them the benifit of the doubt.

I don't mind motor cycle drivers, but they should not swarm or pass on all sides brake in front of a car to slow it down, wear masks no ID plates drive the wrong way against traffic and of they do don't expect the cops or middle America to take your side against a man and his family who was legally driving a registered and probably insured RR which he is allowed to do.

Maybe best if he did not beep or whatnot but he did not start this event. I am fairly sure of that, having seen much of the other videos from the event.
Old 10-03-13, 11:41 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by J.P.
drift.... that is a two way street as well, the bikers made a decision and found out how causality works... while the RR guy got his *** beat, a few got ran over also
yeah, it does go both ways...

If you hurt someone like that, its never "over" unless you (or them) are dead or in jail.

He'll have to watch his back forever...and maybe (doubtful) they will have to watch their back from him.

I sure wouldnt want to be in that SUV drivers shoes

if it was my husband or BF , Id ask: WTH were u thinking??!?

Honestly, I doubt that guy knew the bikers were trying to stop traffic in that (VERY NICE) stretch of road. who would even want to drive in the middle of that? Its just bad reactions and chest thumping by both sides... no freakin way should he have tapped the rear of that bike. They werent going that fast and he didnt slam on his brakes to brake-check the SUV. ..that was his "Chest thumping moment". He was pissed (and rightfully so) but wasnt very smart considering he was outnumbered and prolly wouldnt bust a grape in a fruit fight.

People reading this thread know whats up now, if they didnt before...just let them pass.

Last edited by DriftGirl; 10-03-13 at 11:48 AM.
Old 10-03-13, 11:45 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

I may be missing sumthing here??

From what I seen the RR driver hits a motorcyclist, theyre probably pissed off as anyone would be getting rear ended,so he he runs them over in an attempt to flee an accident? they then give chase and beat his ***?

uh, for one...if you rear-end anyone, you are at fault,you flee the scene...thats another charge. HOWEVER, you ran over other people who were in the area, paralyzed a guy and hospitalized others because u got scared?

The way I see it: SUV driver caused the issue and sadly injured more people because he feared for his family. However, If he cared about his wife and kid, he wouldnt have been billy bad *** and hit the motorcyclist in the first place.

what made him think it would be ok to hit a biker...who is amongst MANY friends? He's an idiot

too bad, so sad...street justice...dont run over people with cars and you wont get ur *** beat.

yeah, they were wrong to hold up traffic,but he was wrong taking the law into his own hands and hitting someone with an SUV.

You cant pick a fight and then claim victem when u get your *** beat. LoL!!

At teh end of the day. Those involved with the beat down should be charged and punished, but the suv driver should be facing charges as well.
Yes you did miss something. When a vehicle hits you, you do not go and attack the vehicle that hit you and try and force your way into that vehicle or you end up dead or injured. It's really that simple.
Old 10-03-13, 11:54 AM
rai
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Yes you did miss something. When a vehicle hits you, you do not go and attack the vehicle that hit you and try and force your way into that vehicle or you end up dead or injured. It's really that simple.
That's correct.
Old 10-03-13, 12:10 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Originally Posted by rai
That's correct.
LoL!! yeah...hows that "being in the right" workin out for him and his family today?

People can talk tough for this guy but he would reacted differently if he had the same benefit that we all have of reading about it after the fact

There are situations in life where it doesnt matter if you are in the right or wrong...the ONLY thing that matters is how you react in that situation...it could change ur life.

Im sure the RR driver would LOOOOVE to trade places with all the keyboard warrior types. His life is upside down and will be for a long time.

Not pointing the finger, just saying it didnt have to end this way

I gave an insight...a REAL insight. take it or leave it...you know whats up when u see the road being blocked. Just let it go or call the cops..whatever...just dont get involved with sumthing you dont understand. The life u save may be your own or sum innocent bystander.

100...as usual
Old 10-03-13, 12:15 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

LoL!! yeah...hows that "being in the right" workin out for him and his family today?

People can talk tough for this guy but he would reacted differently if he had the same benefit that we all have of reading about it after the fact

There are situations in life where it doesnt matter if you are in the right or wrong...the ONLY thing that matters is how you react in that situation...it could change ur life.

Im sure the RR driver would LOOOOVE to trade places with all the keyboard warrior types. His life is upside down and will be for a long time.

Not pointing the finger, just saying it didnt have to end this way

I gave an insight...a REAL insight. take it or leave it...you know whats up when u see the road being blocked. Just let it go or call the cops..whatever...just dont get involved with sumthing you dont understand. The life u save may be your own or sum innocent bystander.

100...as usual
Your insight is flawed.
It ended this way because the bikers made it end this way.
The cops were called and they never arrived.
The guy did what he had to do to protect his family.
You're wrong.
Take that or leave it....

Last edited by Joeb427; 10-03-13 at 12:23 PM.

Quick Reply: NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV