Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-13, 12:24 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3,070 Likes on 2,581 Posts

Originally Posted by DriftGirl
I gave an insight...a REAL insight. take it or leave it...
I think I'll leave it. Your arguments are really terrible at best.
Old 10-03-13, 12:41 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

adult coward stalks kid,picks fight,gets *** kicked by said kid,claims self defense in shooting,goes into hiding for the rest of his life....

LoL!! I'll pass...start a fight, take ur *** kicking like a man,move on with ur life....hows that sound?
You weren't there and are just making up in your head what you think or want to have happened, lets just stay on topic.
Old 10-03-13, 12:43 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Your insight is flawed.
It ended this way because the bikers made it end this way.
The cops were called and they never arrived.
The guy did what he had to do to protect his family.
You're wrong.
Take that or leave it....
Uh,I think youre wrong...my insight is been there/done that.

joking aside, what we have is a difference in opinion. you think he handled it correctly...I think it couldve been handled another way. If im sitting passenger I dont want my husband/boyfriend pissing off a huge group of bikers...and then having our kid watch him get beat down for bumping a cyclist.

What idiot thinks he can outrun a bike? or take on a huge group of bikers? seriously, there are other ways to impress a gal.

personally, id be a little upset with him...

maybe you have sum female insight ud like to share?

Originally Posted by Lexus2000
I think I'll leave it. Your arguments are really terrible at best.
because Ive attended these type of events? uh..ok,why post, Leave it...makes no difference to me. DG will be ok...but u probably already know that

Last edited by DriftGirl; 10-03-13 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-03-13, 12:54 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

LoL!! yeah...hows that "being in the right" workin out for him and his family today?

People can talk tough for this guy but he would reacted differently if he had the same benefit that we all have of reading about it after the fact

There are situations in life where it doesnt matter if you are in the right or wrong...the ONLY thing that matters is how you react in that situation...it could change ur life.

Im sure the RR driver would LOOOOVE to trade places with all the keyboard warrior types. His life is upside down and will be for a long time.

Not pointing the finger, just saying it didnt have to end this way

I gave an insight...a REAL insight. take it or leave it...you know whats up when u see the road being blocked. Just let it go or call the cops..whatever...just dont get involved with sumthing you dont understand. The life u save may be your own or sum innocent bystander.

100...as usual
Let me ask you, if I cut you off and slammed on my brakes and you hit me. 4 guys get out start banging on your car trying to open the door and break your window. They take out a knife and start slashing your tires and proceed to try and get you out of the vehicle. Are you going to wait there to find out if you end up dead or injured or are you going to try and drive off? How would you handle the situation?
Old 10-03-13, 01:12 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

watched it...SUV driver is an idiot. shouldve just let them pass.

Honestly, I get it but even if youre RIGHT, you can make the wrong decision.

you're talking to someone who has done mountain driving in Japan, to sideshows all over Cali. I get it..I know what happened, ive seen it before...just never to this violent level.

JUST LET THEM PASS

People keep talking "right / Wrong" but at the endof the day, YOU have to decide if its worth it. People are all ovver talking about how they'd pull strap or run people over,this n that...that guy didnt know what to do and freaked out.

Bikers , street racers, Drifters are wrong to put on sideshows...WE ALL CAN AGREE right? but the way u react (right or wrong) sets the table for things to come.
You obviously don't fully understand what was going on. You still can't seem to figure out what is clearly right in front of you in the video that the RR driver is not at fault in any way.

The biker pulls right in front of the RR driver and then brakes hard trying to stop the RR while looking back at the RR the whole time he is doing it which means he is doing it on purpose. This is where laws of physics and differences in vehicle stopping distance come in. Motorcycles can brake much quicker and in shorter distances then big heavy SUV's. At that close distance, just feet apart, the RR could not stop fast enough to avoid hitting the idiot in the bike brake checking him, since the guy who got tapped was not seriously injured it shows the RR did attempt to stop as best he could or else the guy would have been injured far worse and his bike totaled. The biker that got tapped and his friends who saw it were obviously very angry from something they caused and decided to surround the stopped RR and try to pull the guy out/started hitting his vehicle despite the RR driver not showing any aggression and stopping in the middle of the highway.

The RR driver obviously feared for his and his families life and floored it to get out of there once he saw things were negatively escalating and no police were in sight. A biker in front of the big SUV was hit and seriously injured but you can see the RR driver is not swerving to hit any other bikers, the bikers follow him and you can see the RR driver still does not swerve to hit any of the bikers surrounding him and is driving normally, the SUV does stop at one point and the bikers then attack it and him again trying to open the door where he takes off again and clips a biker who does not appear to be injured that bad, the RR continues to drive and still does not try to hit or injure the bikers until traffic stops the RR, the thugs surround the RR brake his windows, break the passenger side windows, pull the guy out and beat him. There is nothing legal or justifiable with that kind of behavior which is why the bikers got arrested/are wanted and the RR driver was not charged. I don't see how you could possibly deduct after seeing the video that this was the RR fault or is an idiot and it was not totally the bikers fault.

You don't have to remain at the scene of an accident when the guy/group who caused the accident are surrounding your vehicle, threatening you, and trying to attack you/pull you out and cops are nowhere to be seen.

Those bikers trying to stop/block traffic to a complete halt on a stretch of public highway so they can video themselves doing lame tricks is one of the dumbest most deadly/dangerous most disrespectful things you can do on a open highway. It is a felony.

I have noticed the few who are defending the bikers don't seem to care about what they saw in the video(or previous videos) or the facts and are just basically saying I have a bike or know people with bikes so I am siding with the bikers.
Old 10-03-13, 01:20 PM
po1qw
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Drift Girl heres a real life situation for you put this whole situation in a different perspective

Let's disregard bikes and cars for a minute and look at it as just people walking down the street. Let's put ourselves into the Lein's position (SUV driver). You and your two other friends were walking down a regular empty street one day when you noticed that there were 20 people running behind you, being reckless. They ran ahead of you not to run pass you but rather to slow down in front of you and your friends. They stops in front of you. Your natural response would be to walk AROUND them but you can't because their friends are in the way. So what do you do? You stop.

The moment you stop, they start harassing you and starts physically bullying you. What do you do? Your innate instincts tells you it's a "Fight or Flight" situation. Since you're outnumbered, you push the guy out of the way and gun it. However, no matter how you run, you got caught and since you pushed one of the guys out of the way, you get your face bashed and a slash on your face.
Old 10-03-13, 01:24 PM
Sh1nra
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

watched it...SUV driver is an idiot. shouldve just let them pass.

JUST LET THEM PASS

Easier said than done.
If we can see more of what happened before it would be a little bit easier to tell.
Again, if you pay attention to the very beginning.
From what we can tell, there is not a lot of motorcyclist ahead of the camera guy, maybe 10 or so? They approach the RR at a pretty quick speed. (They are catching up to the RR, so obviously they are going faster.)
At the point where they are next to the RR, the RR doesn't have enough room to change lanes. They surround him. How is he suppose to slow down, let alone let them pass?
After they stopped, the majority of motorcyclist is behind him.

I know you watched the videos numerous times, but the first few seconds are key to understanding whether or not the RR had room to let them go.
At the speed they were approaching, they could EASILY pass the RR, but instead they slowed their pace down. (At around 0:15, they slowed their pace. Why did they do that?)

And what if he wasn't paying attention to his rear view mirror and isn't able to react until they got closer, how else do they let him pass? They didn't even give him room.
Old 10-03-13, 01:26 PM
Galaxy 40
Pole Position

Originally Posted by UDel
I have noticed the few who are defending the bikers don't seem to care about what they saw in the video(or previous videos) or the facts and are just basically saying I have a bike or know people with bikes so I am siding with the bikers.
Funny you mentioned this.During lunch people at work talked about this incident and one young guy who owned a motorcycle was siding with the bikers.....most of us with kids sided with the RR guy.
Old 10-03-13, 01:31 PM
Sh1nra
Pole Position

Uh,I think youre wrong...my insight is been there/done that.
What idiot thinks he can outrun a bike? or take on a huge group of bikers? seriously, there are other ways to impress a gal.
Are you serious? The guy has a stable job (possibly), has a wife and kid. And you think he's trying to impress his wife....
Wow...Simply Wow.

Enough said.
Old 10-03-13, 01:32 PM
rai
Lead Lap

Drift girl, while I see your point maybe the RR driver should not have honked or whatever got them mad or maybe he should have just got pushed around like most people would do.

but that is another issue, once he taps the bike he stops, attacking a man in a SUV while you are on foot is not smart, and attacking a man after a minor traffic accident is not the right thing and the driver of the RR had every right to get the hell out of there, even if there had been 100 people in his way, he did what he had to do and not anyone would do anything less.

And he did show a lot of restraint because he could have drove over a dozen of them if he wanted to.
Old 10-03-13, 01:40 PM
Sh1nra
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rai
Drift girl, while I see your point maybe the RR driver should not have honked or whatever got them mad or maybe he should have just got pushed around like most people would do.

but that is another issue, once he taps the bike he stops, attacking a man in a SUV while you are on foot is not smart, and attacking a man after a minor traffic accident is not the right thing and the driver of the RR had every right to get the hell out of there, even if there had been 100 people in his way, he did what he had to do and not anyone would do anything less.

And he did show a lot of restraint because he could have drove over a dozen of them if he wanted to.
I think the honk was more of a warning. The biker was drifting awfully close to the RR and the RR driver didn't want to cause an accident.
I do that too. If someone is drifting into my lane, I would honk at them as a warning. Why would I wait to let him hit me and cause a load of insurance trouble?
Old 10-03-13, 01:53 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

DriftGirl=SideShow Vet...I didnt get this "name" from Drifting.

So yeah, Ive seen it up close and personal..50-100 deep @ times. wrong as two left shoes...

Were the bikers wrong...yes. but just because one is right (and one is wrong) doesnt mean the story is going to end on a happy note.

This is real life for all those involved, not sum internet forum full of "if that were me" type hypothetical posting.

IF YOU ARE IN THAT SITUATION, LET THEM PASS...DONT LAY ON THE HORN,DONT GET MAD AND BUMP THEIR BIKE BECAUSE THEYRE TRYING TO ILLEGALLY STOP TRAFFIC.

at the end of the day...So what if youre "right"?....youre hurt, your family is hurt (couldve been dead) and none of the billy badasses of the internet will have your back when reality meets the internet.

Not defending either side, both share sum blame...
So Being "Right" was not going to save this guy...being smart will.

Im sittin here tellin u whats up...and people are focused on right/wrong.
People can talk all they want online, so take it how u want...
Old 10-03-13, 02:47 PM
newr
Lexus Champion

The way I see it, the outcome would have been the same. The RR guy would have gotten a beat down right after he rear ended one of the thugs who stupidly decided to brake check a few feet infront of a 3 tons SUV. They were hitting the car with their helmets and slashed the tires. You think that they would just stop there and asked the RR guy out of the car for a nice conversation? The result could have been far worse if they got him then since there were no others around except them thugs.

The RR guy went down protecting his family but at least he went down at the end taking a few clowns down with him..
Old 10-03-13, 03:09 PM
Killer_IS
Rookie

"Serious offer. If this video gets 5,000,000 views by the end of the month, we will armor Alexian Lien's vehicle for free. Please watch and share! Make it happen internet"

Lets get to work!!!
Old 10-03-13, 03:13 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Sh1nra
If you watch and listen to the videovery closely

You're right. The mob sped up to the RR, then they all slowed down and surrounded it as if trying to stir trouble.

There are so many witnesses here, but they're all acting like p***sies, afraid to rat out their fellow club members it seems.

Quick Reply: NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV