Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-13, 11:58 AM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default .............

Originally Posted by baddis es
look at the pictures when they pulled Lien out the vehicle and beat, not the video...front passenger tire isnt even on the rim. RR rolled on bare rim at that point.
Well that may have happened right that moment during that last stop but NOT while it was speeding for 4 miles!!

No slashed tire or bare wheel will survive a 4 mile run like that.
Old 10-04-13, 12:01 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by baddis es
look at the pictures when they pulled Lien out the vehicle and beat, not the video...front passenger tire isnt even on the rim. RR rolled on bare rim at that point.
I really think this 5gears-IS guy has no logic whatsoever and has no idea what he's talking about. I think he just "stick together with his hommies" no matter if right or wrong. If the driver didn;t run over their asses and just sit there getting killed with his family, this dude would still think the bikers were right cuz the SUV didn;t stop faster than a bike.
Old 10-04-13, 12:04 PM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Default ............

Originally Posted by Stormforge
the bikers were clearly faster than the suv, as the bikers approached the suv from behind. so the bikers are now side by side with the suv and even in front of the suv. why even brake check the suv? doesn't make sense. the bikers should have just sped off, they had the entire left and right lanes to pass, and could have left the suv behind eating dust so to speak. by brake checking, the biker was deliberately screwing around with the RR driver. why even risk getting hit by a 6,000 lb suv? just speed up and out run the suv. all the bikers were going faster than the speed limit, they had no reason not to continue doing so unless they found a target to play with.
If you look at the video the rider that gets hit when brake checking was indeed going off the rr driver right before that.

That leads to believe something had happened way before the video and that my friend no one knows for sure but something pissed him off causing this whole mess.
Old 10-04-13, 12:10 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 5gears-IS
Well that may have happened right that moment during that last stop but NOT while it was speeding for 4 miles!!

Did you ever hear about run-flat tires?!
Old 10-04-13, 12:11 PM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you look at the video the rider that gets hit when brake checking was indeed going off the rr driver right before that.

That leads to believe something had happened way before the video and that my friend no one knows for sure but something pissed him off causing this whole mess.
so then Cruz is within his rights to cut in front of the RR and brake check him becuase Cruz is pissed off? smh your attempts at finding these fools innocent is beyond absurd. they were in the wrong holistically, I'm really awaiting the 911 calls to be released so we can confirm that the bikers were trying to lock down the highway to do their stunts. only a matter of time
Old 10-04-13, 12:12 PM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Default ..........

Originally Posted by keyframe13
I really think this 5gears-IS guy has no logic whatsoever and has no idea what he's talking about. I think he just "stick together with his hommies" no matter if right or wrong. If the driver didn;t run over their asses and just sit there getting killed with his family, this dude would still think the bikers were right cuz the SUV didn;t stop faster than a bike.
You don't even know me my dude, first off I don't hang out with "hommies" and I rarely ride in packs.

Not sure why you think bikers are all criminals with that mentality of yours thinking they would have killed him and his family sounds like a rotten mind.

Remember I said the first half of the video is the drivers fault, second half was SOME of the riders. Not all 300 of them followed or acted like SOME did.
Old 10-04-13, 12:14 PM
Galaxy 40
Pole Position

Whats up with this "brake check mentality"?....

It is illegal and dangerous,... do they even teach this technique in defensive driving school?

Most drivers I noticed who do brake checks are the ff:

1.Proud, feeling superior but stupid.
2.Hot headed and ill tempered.
3.You think your bike/vehicle is the one and only best thing..lol
4.You want to be ahead and not let anybody pass you.
5.Immature
Old 10-04-13, 12:15 PM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Default ..........

Did you ever hear about run-flat tires?!
Yes I have, they can take a puncture not a slash! And i am sure that intentional slash was way larger than a run flat tire can handle.
Old 10-04-13, 12:16 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Yes I have, they can take a puncture not a slash! And i am sure that intentional slash was way larger than a run flat tire can handle.
How are you so sure?!
Old 10-04-13, 12:18 PM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

You don't even know me my dude, first off I don't hang out with "hommies" and I rarely ride in packs.

Not sure why you think bikers are all criminals with that mentality of yours thinking they would have killed him and his family sounds like a rotten mind.

Remember I said the first half of the video is the drivers fault, second half was SOME of the riders. Not all 300 of them followed or acted like SOME did.
no one is saying all riders are criminals...but this set of bikers tend to be, just based on their video posting history alone. they do nothing but cause trouble on the streets and break laws. following is just as good as an accomplice, anyone of them who tried to box off that RR is guilty...and surely for trying to chase down the RR as well. this isn't any form of "citizen's arrest", those who chased/followed (however you view it) was looking for a revenge to something they brought on themselves.
Old 10-04-13, 12:19 PM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Default .............

How are you so sure?!
The same way everyone of you is SURE it all went down the way you guys think.
Old 10-04-13, 12:21 PM
newr
Lexus Champion

Oh yeah...hey guys... The dude stops.. He had no where to go... Let's slash his tire then pull him out and beat him up..

You need to stop while you are "ahead".. Driftgirl made the right choice

Old 10-04-13, 12:25 PM
rai
Lead Lap

http://lawofselfdefense.com/jury_ins...e-of-a-person/

Law of self defense in NY, RR driver does not actually have to wait to be attacked but just fear that himself or others were in danger (clearly) and he is justified to use force to escape or prevent an attack.

As I pointed out in the Bernie Goetz case, the fear of attack (and if its apparent to any reasonable person that this is a true fear) is justification of the use of deadly force.

Last edited by rai; 10-04-13 at 12:30 PM.
Old 10-04-13, 12:26 PM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

most here are basing what happened off the video and related pictures posted...you are the one, and others in this thread too, that indicate some altercation before sparking it and having Cruz have to do that brake check on the RR. not to mention others thinking the RR should be able to stop better than the bike and so forth.

based on the videos and posted pix of the incident, Cruz instigated the altercation and hightened everything that unfolded. as one member said here, the paralyzed biker should sue Cruz for his damages.
Old 10-04-13, 12:26 PM
Galaxy 40
Pole Position

You mean...

The same way MOST of us are sure/ think? so far I only count 3 people against the RR driver.
Its majority "common sense" against minority "uncommon sense"

Quick Reply: NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV