Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-13, 12:31 PM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default .............

Originally Posted by baddis es
no one is saying all riders are criminals...but this set of bikers tend to be, just based on their video posting history alone. they do nothing but cause trouble on the streets and break laws. following is just as good as an accomplice, anyone of them who tried to box off that RR is guilty...and surely for trying to chase down the RR as well. this isn't any form of "citizen's arrest", those who chased/followed (however you view it) was looking for a revenge to something they brought on themselves.
I agree with your last statement, the bikers taking the law on their own hands was not a smart thing to do and I know that if they had NOT done what they did by chasing and beating this guy down they would stand a better chance in court.
Old 10-04-13, 12:55 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Run flat tires, or even low profile performance tires can go a long ways with little to no air in them. The original test for them was a 1" hole cut in them with a hole saw and they still demonstrated 50 miles at 50 mph. Even if his weren't run flats, low profile, stiff side walled tires will easily do 1/10th that without coming apart...

I have 12 years in the tire industry, I've seen all of this firsthand.
Old 10-04-13, 01:03 PM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Default ............

Originally Posted by mitsuguy
Run flat tires, or even low profile performance tires can go a long ways with little to no air in them. The original test for them was a 1" hole cut in them with a hole saw and they still demonstrated 50 miles at 50 mph. Even if his weren't run flats, low profile, stiff side walled tires will easily do 1/10th that without coming apart...

I have 12 years in the tire industry, I've seen all of this firsthand.
Nice to know but.......that suv was NOT doing 50 miles/hr. Even that super fast bike took a while to catch up.
Old 10-04-13, 01:06 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

friend got into a sticky situation last night in GTAV

Old 10-04-13, 01:11 PM
newr
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 5gears-IS
I agree with your last statement, the bikers taking the law on their own hands was not a smart thing to do and I know that if they had NOT done what they did by chasing and beating this guy down they would stand a better chance in court.
They did not take the State or Federal laws into their own hands. You gave too much credits. These thugs made their own.... gang, mob.. jungle laws.. They went around with the mob mentality that there were more of them than you and created mayhem with fear and intimination. The NYPD did nothing to them in the past which made them even more invincible and untouchable. Unfortunately one of the was touched by a 6000lbs SUV. These thugs have no chance in the court of laws either in the begining or the end of the vid.
Old 10-04-13, 01:19 PM
praetor
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 104 Posts

Old 10-04-13, 01:26 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

here's a youtube video that clearly sums up the sentiments of the majority here. warning: lots of swearing, watch at own discretion

Last edited by Stormforge; 10-04-13 at 01:31 PM.
Old 10-04-13, 01:35 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Trust me I have brake checked many vehicles with my own car and maybe twice with my bike.
Follow me too close and you will find out. I even brake checked a cop who pulled me over and I told him he was not within a safe distance so I did what I did to get him off. No warnings, no ticket.

Plain and simple the law is the law and no matter what the SUV driver had no business clipping the biker. The video clearly shows he had enough time to react and slow down but he refused to step off the gas pedal. That was his stance!!

Again I am with both sides but against the statement that this whole mess was all the riders fault.

He knew the bikes were not a match to his suv but forgot the bikes were gonna outrun his suv.

Sad sad situation but avoidable!!
You clearly are not understanding what is in the video right in front of you or you have already made up your mind as to the guilt of the RR driver and innocence of the bike gang and could care less about undeniable facts and undeniable video evidence. There is no evidence the RR driver did anything wrong or tried to hit the idiot on the bike slamming his brakes on, that was not even a brake check, that was a cut in front of a large vehicle and then trying to cause a situation by either getting hit or making the SUV and other traffic come to a complete stop on a public highway. Why would the RR driver want to hit the bike and damage his vehicle and cause a annoying accident situation on his anniversary with his wife and kid in the car. You don't understand physics of larger heavier vehicles not being able to stop as fast as motorcycles, that is why the motorcycle got tapped. Try brakechecking a 18 wheeler like that guy on the bike did and see what happens, guess you will blame the 18 wheeler for pancaking you on the highway. That biker also could have seriously injured or caused a serious accident if he forced the RR to slam his brakes on which can lead to loss of control or whiplash.

You say the RR driver clips the bike and then refuses to step off the gas pedal, if that was the true Mr. Cruz and his motorcycle would have been flattened on the highway, 5000+lb vehciles tend to do that to people and bikes, clearly the RR driver does brake hard and avoids causing serious injury to Cruz and serious damage to his bike.

There are no two sides to this, the bikers were completely wrong for purposely causing a accident and trying to stop traffic on a highway so they can try to film themselves doing lame stunts and then wrong for attacking the RR family, following them, and attacking the vehicle two more times including pulling the driver out and beating him.

Also if you have to brake check people so many times then maybe you need to learn to drive faster and stay out of the passing lane because you are holding up traffic, then you might not get tailgated so much and feel the need to brakecheck so much, which is illegal in New York and other states.
Old 10-04-13, 01:35 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
friend got into a sticky situation last night in GTAV
haha .
Old 10-04-13, 01:38 PM
newr
Lexus Champion

Special vid for all the Einstein out there.

Old 10-04-13, 01:41 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Plain and simple the law is the law and no matter what the SUV driver had no business clipping the biker. The video clearly shows he had enough time to react and slow down but he refused to step off the gas pedal. That was his stance!!

Look at the video again. The SUV hit the brakes. Look at the front wheel speed, you can see the spokes, and the SUV dips down.
But it was not enough and he bumped the bike because that biker was a complete idiot.

The biker had no business trying to slow down the SUV with all that open road ahead of them. What was he thinking.

Last edited by pman6; 10-04-13 at 02:33 PM.
Old 10-04-13, 01:48 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by newr

Russian Biker Brake-Checks Car - YouTube
+1! the biker that got tapped was lucky the RR driver was able to slow down fast enough to only just clip him (if at all). if the RR driver didn't slow down, THAT'S what happens when you brake check a SUV - you hit pavement and eat dirt!
Old 10-04-13, 01:56 PM
rai
Lead Lap

One further thing, the bikers do themselves no favors by ridding lawlessly before the accident, with no tags or in dirt bikes etc,,

But further in defense of the fact they RR driver feared for his safety was what happened when he stopped 3 times.

First time unclear since it was not explicitly shown on the film, but fill in the blanks, second time he stops the guys open his door and third time he stops the bikers go ape **** breaking his window and stomping on a 150 lb man. It's was obviously to most people, what they were looking for and likely what they were trying to do first time in the footage we can not see before they learned that bikes and human bodies are not enough to keep a RR stopped.

Also, of course the priror footage is missing we know why? If RR is acting like a menace or a crazy driver I'd like to see it, I'd love to see it, and all these pussies who are going on TV to say RR was driving like a maniac would say look at the video, but that was edited or deleted.

Open and shut case in my mind with the footage we have seen that the RR was driving OK, up until he was asulted or feared assult which he did fine by using force to get to safety or more safety as he was in an safer area when he finally stopped.

Last edited by rai; 10-04-13 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-04-13, 01:58 PM
rai
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by newr

Russian Biker Brake-Checks Car - YouTube
That is priceless

5gears is that you?
Old 10-04-13, 02:01 PM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Default ................

Originally Posted by rai
One further thing, the bikers do themselves no favors by ridding lawlessly before the accident, with no tags or in dirt bikes etc,,

But further in defense of the fact they RR driver feared for his safety was what happened when he stopped 3 times.

First time unclear since it was not explicitly shown on the film, but fill in the blanks, second time he stops the guys open his door and third time he stops the bikers go ape **** breaking his window and stomping on a 150 lb man. It's was obviously to most people, what they were looking for and likely what they were trying to do first time in the footage we can not see before they learned that bikes and human bodies are not enough to keep a RR stopped.

Also, l course the priror footage is missing who ner why? If RR is acting like a menace or a crazy driver I'd like to see it, I'd love to see it, and all these pussies who are going on TV to say RR was driving like a maniac would say look at the video, but that was edited or deleted.

Open and shut case in my mind with the footage we have seen that the RR was driving OK, up until he was asulted or feared assult which he did fine by using force to get to safety or more safety as he was in an safer area when he finally stopped.
Maybe they do have prior footage......that is yet to be seen ;-)

Quick Reply: NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV