Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-13, 12:14 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,366 Posts

Originally Posted by baddis es
hmm...could be write, not a well written story. i came up with him being given a plea deal for this instance, few of the comments below on the site lean that way too
Agree on it being poorly written but opening says it was for something else, not this instance.

The motor psycho charged with starting the biker-mob attack that left a young Manhattan dad beaten to a pulp flipped off photographers in court Sunday — as it emerged that earlier this year, he caught a break from a judge.
Old 10-07-13, 12:21 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by 5gears-IS
What makes you feel I am so enthused??? Because I am passing news of the bikers??

I find myself saying over and over that to ME the first part of the video is the drivers fault the last part of the video is the bikers.

You guys don't have to like my opinion on all of this. I don't know whats up with all the attacks on me just because I am entitled to my own opinions?
you are defending this guy:

Chance — who has 21 prior arrests for charges ranging from drugs to robbery to gun possession — was ordered held in lieu $100,000 bond or $75,000 cash.
Records reveal junk justice left him free to raise hell after an April drug deal near a Brooklyn school. Chance had allegedly sold cocaine through a middleman to an undercover cop in Bed-Stuy. A warrant was later executed on an apartment Chance was in and turned up cocaine, pot and a loaded handgun.

You gotta stop and wonder wtf are you arguing anymore.

And yeah, article was talking about his last arrest not this one.
Old 10-07-13, 12:41 PM
rai
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think we need more strict laws, not 21 prior arrests, it should be three strikes and your out.
Old 10-07-13, 12:44 PM
sphy1005
Instructor

This is what I think could've happened to start it all...
Range Rover is driving along and all the bikers start passing him. Bikes pass really close to one side and he swerves just a bit to to the other side where theres another biker. That biker thinks the suv is trying to hit him and gets his panties all bunched up. Typical road rage with the brake check, add the mob mentality and the driver of the bike goes crazy. But we probably won't know for sure what happened unless theres a video of the everything before the incident.

From the videos I've seen, a lot of those bikers got off easily. I would not have been dragged out of the car especially with my family inside. I would've gone backwards and forwards, left, right or whatever but nobody's getting around my family.
Old 10-07-13, 12:57 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shout outs to Mr. Sergio Consuegra and his friend for intervening.

In a day and age where everyone would rather call the police or not intervene at all ("its not my problem, i dont want to get involved"), this man is a hero.
Old 10-07-13, 12:57 PM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default ............

Originally Posted by sphy1005
This is what I think could've happened to start it all...
Range Rover is driving along and all the bikers start passing him. Bikes pass really close to one side and he swerves just a bit to to the other side where theres another biker. That biker thinks the suv is trying to hit him and gets his panties all bunched up. Typical road rage with the brake check, add the mob mentality and the driver of the bike goes crazy. But we probably won't know for sure what happened unless theres a video of the everything before the incident.

From the videos I've seen, a lot of those bikers got off easily. I would not have been dragged out of the car especially with my family inside. I would've gone backwards and forwards, left, right or whatever but nobody's getting around my family.
Great post but some of the people here think they know everything that went down prior to this mess. We all know what happened during the video but we don't know what happened BEFORE the video.

Something had to take place PRIOR to this mess that elevated this the way it did.

And for the millionth time I am not defending the bikers and I am not defending the driver ok!!
Old 10-07-13, 01:03 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Great post but some of the people here think they know everything that went down prior to this mess. We all know what happened during the video but we don't know what happened BEFORE the video.

Something had to take place PRIOR to this mess that elevated this the way it did.

And for the millionth time I am not defending the bikers and I am not defending the driver ok!!
I doubt the guy in the RR would start a problem with 30 bikers with his family in the SUV or by himself.
You have that theory and my theory is the one biker looked at this RR and possibly well to do Asian with his family and decided to play with the easy mark and started the whole thing..
Old 10-07-13, 01:16 PM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default ............

Originally Posted by Joeb427
I doubt the guy in the RR would start a problem with 30 bikers with his family in the SUV or by himself.
You have that theory and my theory is the one biker looked at this RR and possibly well to do Asian with his family and decided to play with the easy mark and started the whole thing..
It could have gone either way but i was not there and so far there is nothing to prove otherwise.

Could have started as road rage by either one.
Old 10-07-13, 01:16 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

^And considering those bikers have harassed other people as well, I'm going to say it's 100% their fault. The world would be a better place without those kinds of people.
Old 10-07-13, 01:26 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

His actions justified and was let go free!!

Linky below:

http://nypost.com/2013/10/06/cops-bu...aulted-family/
Let me help you understand that article:

In April, 2013:

Chance was busted and hit with gun and drug raps and faced more than 25 years’ prison.

But Brooklyn prosecutors dropped the gun rap when Chance was indicted. Under a sweetheart plea bargain, all the remaining felony drug charges were also dropped.

He wound up with a one-year conditional discharge for misdemeanor pot possession and was given 20 days of community service with a six-month suspension of his driver’s license

This time:

Chance is charged with gang assault, assault, criminal mischief, criminal possession of a weapon and unlawful imprisonment. He was ordered held in lieu $100,000 bond or $75,000 cash.
Old 10-07-13, 02:09 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

between the prior record as well as what actually went down I find it very difficult to believe that anyone would say the RR driver was at fault. So happy this guy is going to get his
Old 10-07-13, 02:47 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
between the prior record as well as what actually went down I find it very difficult to believe that anyone would say the RR driver was at fault. So happy this guy is going to get his
People who commit the same crime don't think it is a crime
Old 10-07-13, 02:50 PM
piguy
Driver School Candidate

It's obviously pointless arguing with you but I'm going to spell this out for anyone who else who might be on the fence:

The bikers are the ones who captured and controlled the video. They have footage of the minutes before the incident, and they have footage after the incident. However, they released the video with the beginning (part leading up to the accident) and end (notice how they conveniently left out the part with Lien getting beat) cut off because that is what put them (in their minds) in the best possible light.

If the Range Rover had done something to provoke the bikers, they would assuredly have either originally included that section in the video, or alternately released it at a later time, to try and help their case. But they haven't, so it obviously doesn't help them.

So either nothing happened before the video, and the bikers just wanted to get the Range Rover to stop, or they had just been harassing the RR for longer than they showed. It's tough to imagine any scenario in which the RR instigated it but the video hasn't been released yet.
Old 10-07-13, 03:06 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,409 Likes on 1,579 Posts

I find myself saying over and over that to ME the first part of the video is the drivers fault the last part of the video is the bikers.
right and the vast majority here disagree with you that the first part was the driver's fault. the rr driver with his wife and young child in the vehicle would have to be completely insane to mess with a criminal bike gang. and before you take exception to the criminal point, many were riding without licenses, or license plates and we know a couple had extensive criminal records. so, many had or were breaking the law. the cops were obviously after these guys anyway but somehow didn't stop this tragedy.

I don't know whats up with all the attacks on me just because I am entitled to my own opinions?
moderators have and will address any personal attacks.

We all know what happened during the video but we don't know what happened BEFORE the video.

i respectfully disagree. it looks to me like the bikes were cruising all over the road and were all around the rr and either rr driver did nothing, or was trying to pass or fall back or something to get out of the way, when (we know) one biker decided to brake check the rr causing rr to (imo unavoidably) hit the bike, and the rest ensued. again, i think the rr driver would have to have been out of his mind to mess with these riders.

It could have gone either way but i was not there and so far there is nothing to prove otherwise.
Could have started as road rage by either one.
well obviously the police have interviewed both sides and witnesses extensively by now and disagree with you that it was due to road rage by rr driver. or do you the police are conveniently ignoring road rage by the rr driver?

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
+1

Originally Posted by BNR34
People who commit the same crime don't think it is a crime
+1

Last edited by bitkahuna; 10-07-13 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-07-13, 03:07 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,409 Likes on 1,579 Posts

Originally Posted by piguy
If the Range Rover had done something to provoke the bikers, they would assuredly have either originally included that section in the video, or alternately released it at a later time, to try and help their case. But they haven't, so it obviously doesn't help them.
excellent point.

It's tough to imagine any scenario in which the RR instigated it but the video hasn't been released yet.
QED.

Quick Reply: NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV