Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-13, 08:08 PM
Tank
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

All those biker's would have done the same thing had the roles been reversed.
Old 10-07-13, 08:17 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
Why do people get so worked up over this crap?
because some of us don't think outrageous violent behavior is crap, harassing a family and then when the father flees in panic to save his family, accidentally badly hurting one of the bikers, they chase him, beat him up, and would have beat him up more AND his wife, had some brave souls not intervened?

Both parties were guilty.
you're entitled to that opinion, but i and many others disagree.
Old 10-07-13, 09:02 PM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think he shouldve made a u-turn
Old 10-07-13, 09:19 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

To be honest , I think he showed restraint after he got away. I would have been swerving at the group that followed me away from the initial stop situation. That RR is a two and a half ton weapon.
Old 10-07-13, 09:26 PM
Vprracr
Driver School Candidate

What the bikers dont want you to see prior to the incident.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3cd_1380579664

Last edited by Vprracr; 10-07-13 at 09:35 PM.
Old 10-07-13, 09:47 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

whoa... whole bunch of videos, including showing the group running red light after red light...
Old 10-07-13, 09:48 PM
Vprracr
Driver School Candidate

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=319_1380522846

The bikers were running lights, riding on the wrong side of the road, speeding, doing wheelies, riding on the sidewalk, stopping traffic, total disregard of the other vehicles on the road

Last edited by Vprracr; 10-07-13 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10-07-13, 09:50 PM
Vprracr
Driver School Candidate

Videos were originally posted by one of the bikers and taken down off of youtube when it went viral. Luckily someone made a copy of it.
Old 10-07-13, 10:12 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

In the video in post #487, go full screen on the new page, skip to .46 and I believe I see someone swinging an object overhand, mallet style at the passenger side window. What looks like a white helmet. You can hear two solid "thuds" before the SUV starts to move at which point you can see one of the riders grab his bike and scurry out of the way (.50) indicating that he knew what was coming. I ran it over and over again on my bigscreen and it's the impression that I get.

Guy on phone interview in Post #470 is clearly lying. 1) front windows are not tinted, 2) he has video and can easily submit it as evidence to aid in this case. Who in their right mind doesn't go home and check the video this important ASAP unless it's completely incriminating to a specific group..then put it off for a week???

Last edited by ShawnOk; 10-07-13 at 10:33 PM.
Old 10-07-13, 10:32 PM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default ............

[QUOTE=pman6;8176645]http://video.bostonherald.com/EXCLUS...ttack-25226249

Another biker claims the SUV knocked another biker off his bike prior to the Christopher Cruz incident, or maybe the biker ran into the SUV and fell off his bike.

He also says he has 4 hours of gopro footage, but it is unknown if there's any proof Lien was driving erratically.
QUOTE/]

This is getting better by the minutes....
As I been saying this whole time....something provoked this whole thing...........I continue to stand behind what I said about the SUV driver being responsible for the first half of what we see on the video and the second half were the biker's.

Listen to this whole interview. Now there is someone with 4hrs of footage that may have just that!

Last edited by 5gears-IS; 10-07-13 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10-07-13, 10:33 PM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default .............

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
In the video in post #487, go full screen on the new page, skip to .46 and I believe I see someone swinging an object overhand, mallet style at the passenger side window. What looks like a white helmet. You can hear two solid "thuds" before the SUV starts to move at which point you can see one of the riders grab his bike and scurry out of the way (.50) indicating that he knew what was coming. I ran it over and over again on my bigscreen and it's the impression that I get.

Guy on phone interview in Post #470 is clearly lying. 1) front windows are not tinted, 2) he has video and can easily submit it as evidence to aid in this case. Who in their right mind doesn't go home and check the video this important ASAP unless it's completely incriminating to a specific group..then put it off for a week???
Or maybe with such a high profile case he is thinking this $$$$
Old 10-07-13, 10:38 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by 5gears-IS
Or maybe with such a high profile case he is thinking this $$$$
Then this guys has some serious moral issues. If the video shows Lien driving erratically or clipping a biker and continuing, I think he would have already released it to clear the bikers' reputations. But on the other hand if it shows that Lien wasn't doing anything that he was describing in the interview, then he would hide the video... giving excuses such as he has a family and work, and 4 hours is a lot of time to go through. Excuses. Forward to the incident and show the world what happened.... or be an a------ and wait for $, as you put it. Other truthful option is to give the entire camera to the police and let the sort it out. But not this guy.
Old 10-07-13, 10:41 PM
Sh1nra
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 5gears-IS
Great post but some of the people here think they know everything that went down prior to this mess. We all know what happened during the video but we don't know what happened BEFORE the video.

Something had to take place PRIOR to this mess that elevated this the way it did.

And for the millionth time I am not defending the bikers and I am not defending the driver ok!!
Once again. People never claimed they know what happened before the motorcycle accident. There were multiple calls reported on that day that reported the motorcycles of it's reckless nature.
We all came to the conclusion after looking at the videos multiple times and sometimes frame by frame.
Like you, i, and everyone else, we made assumptions based on the information on what happened during the video (Not thinking "oh the RR must have done something to them before the video started"). Of course, with videos surfacing about the same group from previous years. It points out how reckless, dangerous and f****ed they really are as a group. It's hard not to put the blame entirely on the bikers.

But it wasn't wild assumptions like others. Someone on this thread said
What idiot thinks he can outrun a bike? or take on a huge group of bikers? seriously, there are other ways to impress a gal.
Seriously? This person thinks the driver was trying to impress his wife?

Originally Posted by pman6
http://video.bostonherald.com/EXCLUS...ttack-25226249

Another biker claims the SUV knocked another biker off his bike prior to the Christopher Cruz incident, or maybe the biker ran into the SUV and fell off his bike.

He also says he has 4 hours of gopro footage, but it is unknown if there's any proof Lien was driving erratically.
This sounds interesting! I wonder why this hasn't surfaced yet. Are they waiting for the media to overhype this accident and then drop a bomb on it?

Last edited by Sh1nra; 10-07-13 at 10:45 PM.
Old 10-07-13, 10:48 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Bike cop joined in on beating!!!!!

http://nypost.com/2013/10/07/bike-co...video-reveals/
Old 10-07-13, 10:56 PM
Sh1nra
Pole Position

Originally Posted by keyframe13
If this is true, that cop is a scumbag.

I don't understand why the cops didn't report to authorities or high ups until 3 days after the accident.
Everyone is anxious to see more of the videos regarding the accident. Before and during! Dam people sure are taking their time revealing it.

Quick Reply: NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV