Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-13, 10:16 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jewcano
Buddy, you had a group of people who just earlier that day were breaking laws left and right, many of them weren't supposed to be on bikes ( no licenses), were harassing people earlier that day, and he just happened to be their next victim. He had his family with him, and they were priority #1 . If you have 50 bikes or so trying to surround your car PURPOSELY slowing you down on a freeway, I don't care what kind of ***** of brass you have, that's a scary thought. To them, he was a target, and the fool playing chicken was just that a fool. Only a retard would get infront of a 2-2.5 ton vehicle on a bike and brake check them when the driver is being harassed.

Majority of the people here are siding with the driver for good reason. If this was a group of bikers LEGALLY riding and just enjoying the day, NONE of this wouldn't happen. They were breaking laws and were known to cause trouble......how anyone can side with them, I don't have the slightest clue.
Why bother?
Old 10-10-13, 10:28 AM
Sh1nra
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by maxxteezy
I know some people have their reasons to "Side" with the Guy Driving truck. I ride, I have a license, insurance, and obey all traffic rules. But, if some idiot, in a car tries to, or runs down me or anyone who I am riding with, I would do the same thing. Some people must don't have eyes, because this freaking ******* in this truck would have caught a bullet after running over the first rider. I live in texas, run me over and I'm defending myself. I can't believe that some folks are so biased and blind to facts. YOu mean to tell me that you can't see this idiot run over all these people!!!? I know cops who ride without a license, and cops who won't ticket you for it either. It doesn't even matter, the SUV driver provoked this action, all on video, but for SOME REASON????? The victim is being villianized? Like i said, try this in Texas.
The way you've written your response seems like you barely understand the situation itself. So how about you educate yourself about this matter by reading the countless articles and videos posted throughout this thread? Or do a google search.
And everyone saw the motorcyclist get run over when he tried to flee.
Why don't you tell us the "facts" that you have come to?
He's not in Texas so why bother commenting about "try this in texas".
If you got run over by a 5000lb vehicle going at 50mpg driving a motorcycle, I don't think you'd be getting up anytime soon.

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Why bother?
I don't know haha.
Old 10-10-13, 10:49 AM
Allen K
-0----0-
Forum Moderator

Received 815 Likes on 569 Posts

Are we getting punk'd here? it's like every time the conversation slows down, someone who owns a motorcycle and hasn't read anything into the case comes in and stands up for the bikers.
Old 10-10-13, 10:51 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Allen K
Are we getting punk'd here? it's like every time the conversation slows down, someone who owns a motorcycle and hasn't read anything into the case comes in and stands up for the bikers.
Now you know why the 5-6 cops did nothing....
Old 10-10-13, 10:51 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 107 Posts

Yes. It cycles over and over again. Which is why I stopped responding. LOL

I ride sportbikes and I would have ran over those assclowns too.
Old 10-10-13, 10:58 AM
Sh1nra
Pole Position

http://www.myfoxboston.com/video?aut...clipId=9391343
Old 10-10-13, 11:01 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

One of the BMW forums I hang out at is having the same problem. This conversation gets more "second winds" than anything I've seen before.
Old 10-10-13, 12:30 PM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
disagree. suv driver did NOTHING wrong imo.
well im speaking for the judge of this case, the jury is gunna be 50/50 unfortunately, if you look online there are alot of videos on the bikers side. im on the drivers side however.

Originally Posted by samlebo44
I think most lawyers do
lmfao
Old 10-10-13, 12:46 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

The bottom line is perception is reality. What most normal people will perceive when they watch the video is a tense situation where a family was surrounded by bikers. The bikers were breaking the rules, crowding cars, and one decided to brake check a 5000 lb SUV. When I watched the video I was very concerned for the driver and I felt the tension he was probably feeling just watching. I can imagine how they felt with these jerks chasing him too. Bottom line is that most people dont ride motorcycles and many find them to be a nuisance when they ride in huge groups, making noise, revving their engines, cutting people off, squeezing their bikes in places they have no business, and doing it all with that "hey Im a bad *** biker attitude". People will side with the driver in court. The insurance company will give the biker a wheel chair and take care of the medical costs and life will go on. Hopefully bikers will learn not to mess with people and to respect the rules of the road......oh and to chill with the testosterone driven actions. Slow down, stay in your lane,and avoid vehicles that weigh in at 7-8x what your bikes do.
Old 10-10-13, 12:56 PM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
The bottom line is perception is reality. What most normal people will perceive when they watch the video is a tense situation where a family was surrounded by bikers. The bikers were breaking the rules, crowding cars, and one decided to brake check a 5000 lb SUV. When I watched the video I was very concerned for the driver and I felt the tension he was probably feeling just watching. I can imagine how they felt with these jerks chasing him too. Bottom line is that most people dont ride motorcycles and many find them to be a nuisance when they ride in huge groups, making noise, revving their engines, cutting people off, squeezing their bikes in places they have no business, and doing it all with that "hey Im a bad *** biker attitude". People will side with the driver in court. The insurance company will give the biker a wheel chair and take care of the medical costs and life will go on. Hopefully bikers will learn not to mess with people and to respect the rules of the road......oh and to chill with the testosterone driven actions. Slow down, stay in your lane,and avoid vehicles that weigh in at 7-8x what your bikes do.
come to think of it, i love running over bikers in grand theft auto everyone should try it, just for laughs of course, help some vent
Old 10-10-13, 01:01 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

If the guy in video interview in post #576 is telling the truith, why didn't Cruz say anything about trying to stop him b'c Lien hit someone 5 miles back. Absolute bs. Cruz didn't mention anything about trying to stop him for that reason, he said he was looking for his friends... more bs since you can clearly see him trying to intimidate Lien through the window before swerving in front of the SUV and brake checking. And it's pretty amazing that no one has come forward and said, "hey Lien knocked me off my bike 5 miles back." I'm sure video would be around showing that alleged situation also.

Last edited by ShawnOk; 10-10-13 at 01:05 PM.
Old 10-10-13, 02:20 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Great post
Old 10-12-13, 05:26 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by SC4o0

well im speaking for the judge of this case, the jury is gunna be 50/50 unfortunately, if you look online there are alot of videos on the bikers side. im on the drivers side however.

lmfao
I haven't seen one video showing the bikers in even a somewhat good light at all.
Old 10-12-13, 07:35 AM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mitsuguy
I haven't seen one video showing the bikers in even a somewhat good light at all.
there was one of the bikers wife and her lawyer, its up^ somewhere on this forum.
Old 10-12-13, 07:41 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by SC4o0

there was one of the bikers wife and her lawyer, its up^ somewhere on this forum.
That doesn't mean anything to me... Show me a video showing their actual actions.

Quick Reply: NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV