Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-13, 02:24 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
Uh, they have...? You really think they will say they randomly attacked his car first? The incident stemmed from something, no matter who's fault it was. The bikers being stupid which caused the suv to clip one beforehand or the suv driver's bad driving, either or maybe both happened which escalated the situation. They may not be favorable in your eyes or anyone else, but everyone has a story.
Ok,lets see...
A guys with his family starting a problem with 30 bikers or maybe a biker or two sees an Asian guy with his family in an Range Rover thinking he has $$$ and decides to bust some *****.

I'll go with the biker busting ***** for $500 Alex....
Old 10-14-13, 02:25 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Uh, they have...? You really think they will say they randomly attacked his car first? The incident stemmed from something, no matter who's fault it was. The bikers being stupid which caused the suv to clip one beforehand or the suv driver's bad driving, either or maybe both happened which escalated the situation. They may not be favorable in your eyes or anyone else, but everyone has a story.
2 wrongs dont make a right.........but three lefts do

Like I said in the past perception is reality. Any juror on the panel who has children will side with the SUV driver. I have a hard time believing that the attorneys will have an easy time finding someone who would not have tried to defend their wife and kids in this situation. Im not saying both parties are fault free, but the bikers took it over the top and escalated things assuming there even was a water bottle situation
Old 10-14-13, 02:39 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Ok,lets see...
A guys with his family starting a problem with 30 bikers or maybe a biker or two sees an Asian guy with his family in an Range Rover thinking he has $$$ and decides to bust some *****.

I'll go with the biker busting ***** for $500 Alex....
You didn't refute anything I said. I said there was something that made the bikers do this. The suv drivers family or him "starting" a problem is not what I said. Quote me correctly, please. This stemmed from something, it could have been accidental contact on either or both parties. That escalated to the bikers acting how they did in the video.

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
2 wrongs dont make a right.........but three lefts do

Like I said in the past perception is reality. Any juror on the panel who has children will side with the SUV driver. I have a hard time believing that the attorneys will have an easy time finding someone who would not have tried to defend their wife and kids in this situation. Im not saying both parties are fault free, but the bikers took it over the top and escalated things assuming there even was a water bottle situation
Some people in here are really pushing it. Like this "Street justice", huh? So an action deserves a reaction which causes another action that becomes a giant circle of vigilante justice with people taking matters into their own hand. Then the same individuals are calling for the bikers to be a part of this "justice". Well one was ran over. The repercussions are someone was almost killed and then more "street justice" with the bikers attacking him because he just injured one of them. Thats what street justice gets you. Ive lived in these situations. I grew up in these situations. Two wrongs don't make a right doesn't fly with the real world. But it seems to only apply to certain people by the comments here. Ive seen people do stupid things and get others caught up in their stupidity. But theres always something added to the story. No matter how innocent you think someone is. No man is without fault. And rarely these situations are one sided, if at all.
Old 10-14-13, 03:02 PM
Sh1nra
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes everyone has a story. The bikers have a reason for all this? Cool, now provide the evidence. Show the RR was being reckless, show him throwing a bottle out for the sunroof. Provide evidence to your claims. Until then it's the bikers words vs the video ( of them being reckless, dangerous, and violent).
The media, the jury, the police, the majority of people will side with the RR because the evidence provided shows the bikers in the wrong.
Old 10-14-13, 04:09 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

You got to really scare a person to make him run over another human being... As others have said, there was probably an argument prior to the whole brake checking incident. A knife or a gun was shown during that time. This most likely triggered the panic.
Old 10-14-13, 04:55 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

You didn't refute anything I said. I said there was something that made the bikers do this. The suv drivers family or him "starting" a problem is not what I said. Quote me correctly, please. This stemmed from something, it could have been accidental contact on either or both parties. That escalated to the bikers acting how they did in the video.

Some people in here are really pushing it. Like this "Street justice", huh? So an action deserves a reaction which causes another action that becomes a giant circle of vigilante justice with people taking matters into their own hand. Then the same individuals are calling for the bikers to be a part of this "justice". Well one was ran over. The repercussions are someone was almost killed and then more "street justice" with the bikers attacking him because he just injured one of them. Thats what street justice gets you. Ive lived in these situations. I grew up in these situations. Two wrongs don't make a right doesn't fly with the real world. But it seems to only apply to certain people by the comments here. Ive seen people do stupid things and get others caught up in their stupidity. But theres always something added to the story. No matter how innocent you think someone is. No man is without fault. And rarely these situations are one sided, if at all.
Its not what you know its what you can prove. All of the evidence points towards the bikers being the problem. Even if a bottle was thrown it doesnt make it ok to brake check, stop traffic, slash the tires, and try to get the driver out. Sorry. BTW the street justice comment was about the kid who tried to bike jack a rider at gun point in broad daylight. I wasnt commenting on the original story

Last edited by I8ABMR; 10-14-13 at 11:30 PM.
Old 10-14-13, 09:42 PM
Vprracr
Driver School Candidate

Street justice would have the RR driver steer towards the different bikers and tried to take each one out. He was cornered and had to escape. It's not smart to be in front of a corner man trying to protect his family in a 2 ton vehicle vs. your 400 lbs bike..
Old 10-14-13, 11:28 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Some people are just idiots. As if things we're bad enough, leave it to these geniuses to throw more fuel on the fire... http://longisland.news12.com/news/po...-lie-1.6253179. I truly feel that some people should have been taken out by natural selection by now.

Last edited by ShawnOk; 10-14-13 at 11:33 PM.
Old 10-14-13, 11:36 PM
Natey2
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I said there was something that made the bikers do this.
There was a YouTube video with audio (let me try to find it again), and it sounded like RR driver Lien may have honked at biker Cruz when the biker was getting close, causing biker Cruz to do his brake-check routine that caused the accident. Some people don't like being honked at and may do strange things in retaliation: regional driving subculture.
Maybe I'm wrong in perceiving what sounded like a car horn...

Edit:
21 seconds into this video, I hear a horn -

Sent from an Android device using IB Automotive Group forum reader.

Last edited by Natey2; 10-14-13 at 11:47 PM.
Old 10-15-13, 12:01 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What makes you think there had to be something to make the bikers act out? I've been driving along the freeway minding my own business and come across bikers being punks on the road to everyone simply because they wanted to. I've had groups of cars block me in simply because of my car and they want to race. Punks don't always have to have a reason to act out against someone else. They do it because they get away with it. Fortunately this time one punk paid with his body.
Old 10-15-13, 03:46 AM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Natey2

Edit:
[B]21 seconds into this video, I hear a horn -
What makes you think is coming from Lien's car? May be the white van next to RR but the tonality is so high It sounds more like a motorcycle horn.
Originally Posted by Natey2
Some people don't like being honked at and may do strange things in retaliation
You should see what people do when are threaten with the family inside

Last edited by keyframe13; 10-15-13 at 03:59 AM.
Old 10-15-13, 04:58 AM
Natey2
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by keyframe13
What makes you think is coming from Lien's car? May be the white van next to RR but the tonality is so high It sounds more like a motorcycle horn.
Yes, it does sound higher than a car's horn.
You should see what people do when are threaten with the family inside
I agree. What the bikers did was totally out of proportion. I guess bikers never call the cops after an automobile accident, and tend to take the law into their own hands?

Sent from an Android device using IB Automotive Group forum reader.
Old 10-15-13, 09:41 AM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Even if Lien did honk, a horn does not warrant brake checking and the situation that ensued. The horn is a defense tool used to warn other motorists and pedestrians. To me, that horn was not vindictive or out of anger. I'm guilty of seriously laying into my horn when I feel my blood pressure increase due to other inept drivers or someone cutting me off. It seemed to me as a warning that the biker was getting too close, if it was even Lien that honked. Secondly, if he had hit someone or threw a bottle out at one of the bikers, then why would he stay on the freeway moving at such a slow pace? In the event that he knocked a biker off his bike without knowing, I'm sure there would be 911 tape to verify that event as called in by other drivers/bikers. So far all these hypothetical situations of "if he did this... or that... or I heard," doesn't shed any additional light on the clear cut evidence of VIDEO showing a biker slowing down in front of an SUV that sparked the incident. Everything is speculation and hearsay at this point since no one has come forward and said, "He knocked me off my bike," or "He threw a water bottle at me." Cruz didn't even corroborate the other interviewee's story of slowing down to bring Lien to a stop b'c he hit someone. Cruz said he was looking back for his friends. Not a word about stopping him due to previous reckless behavior. Bikers are trying to bend the truth in order to cast themselves as the victims. They are not victims but the aggressors as indicated by all the earlier day's videos where they act like hooligans terrorizing other motorists, attacking a Prius, nearly clipping pedestrians, riding on side walks and shoulders, breaking hundreds of traffic laws, etc; clearly looking for trouble.

Last edited by ShawnOk; 10-15-13 at 09:54 AM.
Old 10-15-13, 09:56 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
Some people are just idiots. As if things we're bad enough, leave it to these geniuses to throw more fuel on the fire... http://longisland.news12.com/news/po...-lie-1.6253179. I truly feel that some people should have been taken out by natural selection by now.
I hope cops are cracking down bikers every chance they get
Old 10-15-13, 09:59 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Vprracr
Street justice would have the RR driver steer towards the different bikers and tried to take each one out. He was cornered and had to escape. It's not smart to be in front of a corner man trying to protect his family in a 2 ton vehicle vs. your 400 lbs bike..
I always feels that when a biker act aggressive near my car. If they **** me off enough to make me aggressive, I can choose to kill them instantly with my car, they always lose. What are they thinking? Make sense though as some of them don't really think.

Last edited by BNR34; 10-15-13 at 10:02 AM.

Quick Reply: NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV