Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-13, 03:14 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by dmvp29
Oh wow I had no idea that the guy who was run over was the douchebag who instigated the entire incident in the first place. Victim of his own stupidity. It's kind of poetic in a way.
Not exactly, so far we know the brake checker is the guy who started it all, the dude that got ran over went in front of the SUV to help gang up with the brake checker to terrorize the SUV.

So yeah they were all the initial crew that started the whole thing.
Old 10-22-13, 03:37 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

this guy tim the bartender is pretty funny
Old 10-22-13, 05:21 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
Not exactly, so far we know the brake checker is the guy who started it all, the dude that got ran over went in front of the SUV to help gang up with the brake checker to terrorize the SUV.

So yeah they were all the initial crew that started the whole thing.
Oh ok my bad. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 10-22-13, 05:46 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Ninth biker, Jason Brown, was charged Monday with gang assault and felony assault charges

Brown, who lives in Bushwick, has 18 prior arrests dating back to 1989 for drug and weapons offenses, among other crimes!!

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1492716
Old 10-22-13, 05:47 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by dmvp29
Oh ok my bad. Thanks for the clarification.
No problem
Old 10-23-13, 12:08 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisp1
this guy tim the bartender is pretty funny
yeah he had me busting up yesterday. I loved his video and agree with him 110%

Anyone who hasnt seen the video PLEASE WATCH
Old 10-23-13, 02:54 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,409 Likes on 1,579 Posts

video was great!

quote: the biker didn't stop to discuss microsoft stock options
Old 10-23-13, 03:05 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
video was great!

I was laughing so hard my patients heard me in the waiting room. LOL That dude was hilarious. Had to subscribe to his channel. His other videos arent as funny though
Old 10-23-13, 04:00 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
video was great!

The bikers were only trying to help, they are the real victims
Old 10-23-13, 04:47 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Ninth biker, Jason Brown, was charged Monday with gang assault and felony assault charges

Brown, who lives in Bushwick, has 18 prior arrests dating back to 1989 for drug and weapons offenses, among other crimes!!

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1492716
theres a decently close up video of him being dragged out of the car and beaten in that link
Old 10-24-13, 07:08 AM
Quadro
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

While I understand where "let them pass" is coming from I think it's not in the best interest of the civilized society to do so.

First of all if you start yielding to the thugs when where does it stop? Using this logic if a bunch of criminals want to throw a party in my house without my consent then I should let them in because eventually they're going to leave?

The reason these biker morons were behaving the way they do is precisely because most of the cars would yield to avoid trouble. So they are counting on the rest of the people to behave in the civilized way so they can be complete *******s and ignore all the rules. If nobody was yielding to them do you think they would end up bashing on every single car they encounter? I don't think so and even if they did they would wound up in jail (or worse) in a much quicker way. Every single driver who yielded simply reinforced their behavior and somebody will eventually pay for that one way or another.

Most of these criminals had no right to be on the road in the first place. They had no right to slow the Range Rover down let alone stop it or box it in. The Range Rover had every right to be on the road, continue to move forward and stay in the middle lane.

Again the bikers decided to count on the Range Rover driver to behave in a civilized manner while boxing him in, start slashing his tires and damaging his vehicle. Well get a taste of your own medicine by having an SUV plow through you. What RR driver did was absolutely justified and I'm actually very surprised how restrained he was by not driving over more thugs in the process.
Old 10-24-13, 10:37 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Quadro
While I understand where "let them pass" is coming from I think it's not in the best interest of the civilized society to do so.

First of all if you start yielding to the thugs when where does it stop? Using this logic if a bunch of criminals want to throw a party in my house without my consent then I should let them in because eventually they're going to leave?

The reason these biker morons were behaving the way they do is precisely because most of the cars would yield to avoid trouble. So they are counting on the rest of the people to behave in the civilized way so they can be complete *******s and ignore all the rules. If nobody was yielding to them do you think they would end up bashing on every single car they encounter? I don't think so and even if they did they would wound up in jail (or worse) in a much quicker way. Every single driver who yielded simply reinforced their behavior and somebody will eventually pay for that one way or another.

Most of these criminals had no right to be on the road in the first place. They had no right to slow the Range Rover down let alone stop it or box it in. The Range Rover had every right to be on the road, continue to move forward and stay in the middle lane.

Again the bikers decided to count on the Range Rover driver to behave in a civilized manner while boxing him in, start slashing his tires and damaging his vehicle. Well get a taste of your own medicine by having an SUV plow through you. What RR driver did was absolutely justified and I'm actually very surprised how restrained he was by not driving over more thugs in the process.

Great post I agree that he did show restraint. I would have been weaving to take out all t=of the clowns who followed me
Old 10-24-13, 07:55 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Not sure if ppl saw this new vid....crazy

Old 10-25-13, 05:57 PM
Vprracr
Driver School Candidate

9 bikers charged with serious crime.

Christopher Cruz
Robert Sims
Reginald Chance
Craig Wright
Clint Caldwell
James Kuehne
Wojciech Braszczok
Kaliq Douglas
Jason Brown

No charge for Alexian Lien.
After watching the last video, Mr Lien is lucky to be alive. At least none of them was charged for murder.
Old 10-25-13, 06:44 PM
dc893
Lead Lap

They should have been charged with attempted murder.

Quick Reply: NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV