Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-13, 07:45 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That is why every state should have allow conceal carry weapons. Sure, it would mean the bikers probably would have a gun too and I bet some of them (Maye not the ones shown in the video) had guns on them anyway, but if I'm going to get beaten to death I would want to shoot and kill as many as I can before I die myself. I want to go down fighting to the last breath.
Old 10-26-13, 04:20 AM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
That is why every state should have allow conceal carry weapons. Sure, it would mean the bikers probably would have a gun too and I bet some of them (Maye not the ones shown in the video) had guns on them anyway, but if I'm going to get beaten to death I would want to shoot and kill as many as I can before I die myself. I want to go down fighting to the last breath.
That's a sick thinking. If they had a guns on them this would have get much uglier. He was better beaten and still with his family than dead.
Old 10-26-13, 07:01 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by keyframe13
That's a sick thinking. If they had a guns on them this would have get much uglier. He was better beaten and still with his family than dead.
no one wouldve followed him if he shot the first dirtbag that tried to open the door. This has a much lower chance of happening in a more self defense friendly states. NY is not one of them.

how do you know they were just going to beat him and not kill him? If these people did the same thing to you, wife and child you would not shoot them? Ok you can just beat me up and be on your way. Now this is truly sick thinking.

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 10-26-13 at 07:05 AM.
Old 10-26-13, 08:03 AM
rai
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Vprracr
After watching the last video, Mr Lien is lucky to be alive. At least none of them was charged for murder.
Should be charged with attempted murder, when you use a weapon or kick someone in the head while in the act of assault you should be charged with attempted murder and I would say hate crime would fit in this case.

While I dislike society to feed these thugs, free room and medical benefits, at the same time, I would most like to see strong sentences on the order of 10+ years in maximum security prisons.

It might get the message out to wannabe tough guys to think before they get their butch on a 150 lb family guy. Lets see now how tough these guys are in prison when they don't have 30 other leather boys to help them act tough.
Old 10-26-13, 09:14 AM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
no one wouldve followed him if he shot the first dirtbag that tried to open the door. This has a much lower chance of happening in a more self defense friendly states. NY is not one of them.

how do you know they were just going to beat him and not kill him? If these people did the same thing to you, wife and child you would not shoot them? Ok you can just beat me up and be on your way. Now this is truly sick thinking.
If they all had guns this would have turn into a massacre . How are you so sure that if he would shoot one of them the other one would just backed up. He would be the target at 30 people with guns and he would have been one guy with one gun. Hard to believe you put any thought in this.
I would get never pull out a gun when i'll be with my family. Once you take it out your entire family become a target, it's not just the driver. they'll shoot to the car.
If Zimmerman didn;t had a gun with him they'll just beat each other and that kid will be alive and many other. Guns are too decisive in a confrontation.
Old 10-26-13, 12:38 PM
dc893
Lead Lap

I'm not a family man so maybe that affects my point of view a little, but if I don't know you and you are trying to get into my car you will become a bullet catcher.
Old 10-26-13, 05:41 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

If they all had guns this would have turn into a massacre . How are you so sure that if he would shoot one of them the other one would just backed up. He would be the target at 30 people with guns and he would have been one guy with one gun. Hard to believe you put any thought in this.
I would get never pull out a gun when i'll be with my family. Once you take it out your entire family become a target, it's not just the driver. they'll shoot to the car.
If Zimmerman didn;t had a gun with him they'll just beat each other and that kid will be alive and many other. Guns are too decisive in a confrontation.
You wouldnt pull out a gun when your family is being attacked? If you are injured or killed how are you going to defend your family? How else are you suppose to defend yourself in a 30 vs 1? Youre definately wont be able to do it with bare hands. The cops arent coming as proven here. So if you dont have a gun you aren't a target? So thugs are more willing to attack an armed victim than an unarmed one? Alexian was already targetted without a gun. No idea what you are trying to say about a gun making you a target. Thugs want victims that cant fight back.

You seem to think you cant die (therefore deadly force for some reason isnt justified) from just a bare hands fight that in both cases they would just "get beaten up" It was 30 vs 1, using helmets and knives as a weapon. You are in grave danger, fight back.

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 10-26-13 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-26-13, 06:02 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

He's lucky to be alive. For me, a small Asian guy I avoid confrontation when possible because I assume if I get into one it is a life or death situation for me and I assume if I loose I'm dead since I wont win most fights. Therefore, if I'm going to die, I'm killing as many of them too.

In this situation, I would assume I'm a dead man when a pack of bikers destroys my car and pulls me out kicking and knifing me. In the future, after many gun flights between good guys and bad buys happen, society will change and bad guys will think twice about attacking good guys because they know they may die as well. In the short term there may be more mass killings, but they will end soon enough and everyone will walk the streets assuming the other guy is carrying and that keeps everyone in check. Self control because of fear is not a bad thing at all.
Old 10-26-13, 06:07 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

You seem to think you cant die (therefore deadly force for some reason isnt justified) from just a bare hands fight that in both cases they would just "get beaten up" It was 30 vs 1, using helmets and knives as a weapon. You are in grave danger, fight back.
Long ago we covered a news story where two teenagers got into a fight and one kicked the other in the chest and the guy died. No punches, just one kick and that was all it took. The other teenager was convicted of manslaughter and spent time in jail. The force I have seem some of these MMA fighters punch, I'm pretty sure they would shatter my face if they punched me. My son takes Jiu Jujitsu and I get to watch some of the MMA guys work out in the same gym.
Old 10-26-13, 09:39 PM
Natey2
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rai
Lets see now how tough these guys are in prison when they don't have 30 other leather boys to help them act tough.
But many of their Biker buddies are in prison, I bet: It'll be a reunion for them in prison. It's the cop who is going to prison that has something to worry about.

Sent from an Android device using IB Automotive Group forum reader.
Old 10-27-13, 08:35 PM
samlebo44
Driver School Candidate

agreed, more guns is not the answer, these douchebags could have riddled that range rover with bullets if they were packing too....
Old 10-28-13, 11:07 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by samlebo44
agreed, more guns is not the answer, these douchebags could have riddled that range rover with bullets if they were packing too....
they wouldve been carrying illegally as most of these thugs are felons and are not allowed to have one. Not to worry, NY doesnt recognize your right to self defense. Think this would've happened in Texas for example? Bikers wouldnt try anything like that here and theres a reason for that. If Alexian shot that first dirtbag that tried to open his door, who would want to chase an armed SUV?

If guns arent the answer, getting your *** beat up in front of your family sounds like the answer because thats what happened instead. Kind of hard to defend your family if you get beaten up.

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 10-28-13 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-28-13, 12:15 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

they wouldve been carrying illegally as most of these thugs are felons and are not allowed to have one. Not to worry, NY doesnt recognize your right to self defense. Think this would've happened in Texas for example? Bikers wouldnt try anything like that here and theres a reason for that. If Alexian shot that first dirtbag that tried to open his door, who would want to chase an armed SUV?

If guns arent the answer, getting your *** beat up in front of your family sounds like the answer because thats what happened instead. Kind of hard to defend your family if you get beaten up.
Clearly you don;t have any idea what you're talking about. The fact that Alexian is not charged by running over a dude is because NY recognize his right to self defense.
It is harder to defend your family if you get killed than beaten.
Chances for someone with a gun to shoot someone unarmed are slim but if that person has a gun and it's a 30 to 1 situation....are you really not see the ending?!

The top states with the highest Firearms Death Rate per 100,000 are the ones with CCW. again, what does that say?!

Last edited by keyframe13; 10-28-13 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-28-13, 12:31 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Clearly you don;t have any idea what you're talking about. The fact that Alexian is not charged by running over a dude is because NY recognize his right to self defense.
It is harder to defend your family if you get killed than beaten.
Chances for someone with a gun to shoot someone unarmed are slim but if that person has a gun and it's a 30 to 1 situation....are you really not see the ending?!
how are you going to defend your family against multiple threats? Your bare hands? The cops aint coming. If youre getting beaten on the ground, it's too late to defend yourself. What wouldve stopped 30 people from following you and subsequently beating you? A gun. Do you think that group wouldve followed him if you shoot one of them that tried to get into his car? You'd have to be insane to chase after a vehicle that just shot someone. Thats like continuing to break into a house after the first burglar got shot.
Old 10-28-13, 12:43 PM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how are you going to defend your family against multiple threats? Your bare hands? The cops aint coming. If youre getting beaten on the ground, it's too late to defend yourself. What wouldve stopped 30 people from following you and subsequently beating you? A gun. Do you think that group wouldve followed him if you shoot one of them that tried to get into his car? You'd have to be insane to chase after a vehicle that just shot someone. Thats like continuing to break into a house after the first burglar got shot.

we've seen a sole gunman try to retaliate against officers when in a standoff...what's to say the bikers wouldn't have chased the driver? the mentality of a biker crew/gang/etc is to stick up for one another...it is a form of "brotherhood" in its own sense. it would be hard not to beleive that there would be some form of chase with a biker(s) also trying to catch and shoot at the driver who just shot at them.

if the driver did have a gun and did not use it, he would have done the right/smartest thing during this situation...as the poster(s) above said, this would have been fatal for the driver and his family (and possibly a couple bikers if the driver had good aim) rather than just injury to both parties as we have it

Quick Reply: NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV