Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-13, 12:44 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
how are you going to defend your family against multiple threats? Your bare hands? The cops aint coming. If youre getting beaten on the ground, it's too late to defend yourself. What wouldve stopped 30 people from following you and subsequently beating you? A gun. Do you think that group wouldve followed him if you shoot one of them that tried to get into his car? You'd have to be insane to chase after a vehicle that just shot someone. Thats like continuing to break into a house after the first burglar got shot.
That's your version,. I think would have been much worst and his family dead if he wouyld pull out a gun assuming those ones has already. The fact that he run over one dude didn;t stopped them to chase him. What makes you think shooting one would?! I don;t see your logic, They would shoot his tires and windows until they'll kill him and his family. And it's really just about to shoot the driver for his entire family to be dead.. Alexian couldn't drive and shoot those.
You're taking Mission Impossible movies too literally. You make no sense to me. Guns are never the answer.

Last edited by keyframe13; 10-28-13 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-28-13, 12:51 PM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by keyframe13
That's your version,. I think would have been much worst and his family dead if he wouyld pull out a gun assuming those ones has already. The fact that he run over one dude didn;t stopped them to chase him?! I don;t see your logic, They would shoot his tires and windows until they'll kill him and his family. And it's really just about to shoot the driver for his entire family to be dead.. Alexian couldn't drive and shoot those.
You're taking Mission Impossible movies too literally. You make no sense to me. Guns are never the answer.
i'm with you on 99% of this...however, there's a time and place for it when you have no other choice. the RR driver (had he possessed a gun at the time) did have a choice, and that was to flee the danger scene.

if you're at home with a break-in...you're basically in a corner with little to no option, a firearm is more than warranted in such a situation IMO
Old 10-28-13, 01:05 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by baddis es
i'm with you on 99% of this...however, there's a time and place for it when you have no other choice. the RR driver (had he possessed a gun at the time) did have a choice, and that was to flee the danger scene.

if you're at home with a break-in...you're basically in a corner with little to no option, a firearm is more than warranted in such a situation IMO
Even home I don;t see the purpose. Who brake in are in for your stuff not to hurt your family. If they do have a gun and you don;t I don;t think they'll hurt you.
I have no attachment for things, those can easily be replace. I couldn't live with myself knowing I kill someone who wanted to get couple of $$$ or some electronics.
A gun with rubber bullets can make the point if someone needs a gun to protect themselves but I grew in countries where guns are prohibited so I guess I don;t have the wild west or middle east mentality.
When i was little if someone had a problem with you they'll beat eachother to blood and the next day they were the best friends. Here they bring the gun to the school and kill everyone.

Last edited by keyframe13; 10-28-13 at 01:10 PM.
Old 10-28-13, 01:10 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,285 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Originally Posted by keyframe13
Clearly you don;t have any idea what you're talking about. !
Keyframe13, going to give you the benefit of a doubt here that you missed the edit to an earlier inappropriate post where you were asked to exit this thread and cease posting in it. Exit it now please.

Everybody else, if you want to start a gun control debate, go to the debate forum and start a thread about it or use one of the existing ones. This is neither the correct thread topic nor forum for that discussion.
Old 10-28-13, 02:18 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

so after all this heat and exposure, a handful of squids STILL come out to play stupid games and win stupid prizes:
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/10/...n-long-island/

7 Bikers Arrested, Dozens Ticketed On Long Island
Bikers Accused Of Reckless Driving On Motorcycles, Quads
October 27, 2013 10:30 PM

DEER PARK, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) — Seven motorcyclists were arrested on reckless driving charges in Suffolk County Sunday, and dozens more were cited.

Multiple 911 callers reported between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. that the operators of several motorcycles, dirt bikes and all-terrain vehicles were driving recklessly on Main Street in Bay Shore, on westbound Sunrise Highway in West Islip, and on Deer Park Avenue in North Babylon, Suffolk County police said.

Seven bikers were arrested, and more than 30 were ticketed, police said.

The bikers arrested were:

• Samuel Morales, 19, of Brooklyn, who was driving a 2003 motorcycle. He was seen passing cars on the right shoulder and running a red light on Pine Aire Drive in Bay Shore, and tried to flee and resist arrest after falling off his motorcycle, police said.

• Jason Coleman, 29, of Yonkers, who was arrested on Pine Aire Drive in Brentwood and accused of leaving the scene of an accident. He allegedly made an illegal U-turn in front of a 2004 Toyota sedan that hit his 2009 Yamaha motorcycle, and drove off without exchanging information with the other driver, police said.

• Tikret Cekic, 23, of Brooklyn, who allegedly ran a light on Pine Aire Drive in Bay Shore at a high rate3 of speed in an attempt to elude police;

• Joel Hernandez, 19, of Brentwood, who allegedly backed into a police vehicle on Pine Aire Drive in Bay Shore;

• Thomas Palacios, 35, of Bay Shore, who was accused of driving an ATV while drunk on Pine Aire Drive and Washington Avenue in Bay Shore;

• Matthew Valentino, 25, of East Quogue, who was accused of driving recklessly at a high speed on Udall Road in Baywood, and swerving in and out of oncoming traffic – causing other drivers to swerve off the roadway to avoid him.

• A woman whom police have not identified, who was a passenger on one of the motorcycles and allegedly attempted to flee when an officer ordered to stop.

More than 30 others were caught riding behind a Suffolk County Department of Social Services building in North Bay Shore, and were accused of trespassing, police reported.

The reported arrests came less than two weeks after Suffolk County police arrested seven bikers on similar allegations along the Long Island Expressway.

In that incident on Monday, Oct. 14, Suffolk County police told CBS 2′s Carolyn Gusoff the bikers were seen for miles driving recklessly, which frightened motorists.

“What he observed was a group of motorcyclists were weaving in and out of traffic, changing lanes rapidly without signaling, coming up dangerously close behind tailgating other vehicles,” Suffolk County Police Sgt. George Hodge told WCBS 880′s Marla Diamond.

The incident in turn came just weeks after an SUV driver was beaten in Manhattan after an altercation with bikers on the West Side Highway.
Old 10-28-13, 05:59 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
so after all this heat and exposure, a handful of squids STILL come out to play stupid games and win stupid prizes:
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/10/...n-long-island/
I worked in an ER for a while in KC and we basically called a**hats like these guys, "organ donors." I don't wish harm on anyone (under normal circumstance), but people with such low IQ's and a history of bad decisions can't fight natural selection forever. As the saying goes, You can be smart or you can be ballsy, but you can't be both.
Old 10-28-13, 06:10 PM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are videos of the same gang running red lights, on to the pavement, harassing a prius, do wheelies, and all that.

The guy in RR had a wife, a kid. He was on his anniversary.

I feel bad for the RR family. I would have done the same if i was him. The guy hat was paralized in the hospital fully deserved it.

It feels even better that he is paralyzed, and not dead, dead is too easy for him. Now, wake up, live on a wheel chair for the rest of your life, and think about what you had done, and how it could be different, live with it.
Old 11-10-13, 09:53 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts
Default 11 bikers charged in mob attack on NY Range Rover driver

11 bikers charged in mob attack on NY Range Rover driver

Eleven bikers have been charged with fourteen separate counts, including assault, criminal mischief and rioting, for chasing a family's black Range Rover in New York. The incident garnered national attention after a video surfaced online showing the gang of bikers surrounding the SUV, slamming against the window, dragging the male driver out and beating him. The bikers were allegedly retaliating after the driver mowed over one of the riders in attempt to get away safely.

One of the accused bikers is a 32-year-old undercover New York police officer.
Source and Video:
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/11/10/b...beating-video/
Old 11-11-13, 09:58 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411

Source and Video:
Payback is a biotch
Old 11-11-13, 10:24 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411

Source and Video:
good. I hope they make an example of these clowns. Maybe they will learn to obey the rules of the road. These guys have to know that they are being made an example for the rest of these lawless bikers
Old 11-14-13, 02:04 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

The brake checker (Christopher Cruz) is facing more serious charges:

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ork&id=9324900
Old 11-14-13, 02:09 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

The prosecutor is bringing up every little thing that those thugs did, saying they tried to pull the wife out of the car and beat her too. I am surprise they didn't want to beat up the baby? How kind of them.

Robert Sims reached inside the SUV to try to grab the car key but couldn't find the key of a car with push button start..............pretty smart guy

http://www.nydailynews.com/biker-mob...icle-1.1516297

Last edited by BNR34; 11-14-13 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-14-13, 03:27 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
The brake checker (Christopher Cruz) is facing more serious charges:

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...ork&id=9324900
I am so happy to hear this. He is the one that got the ball rolling so to speak. They should jail him purely for his stupidity.
Old 11-14-13, 03:45 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I am so happy to hear this. He is the one that got the ball rolling so to speak. They should jail him purely for his stupidity.
Yes, he got the ball rolling is why the grand jury is stepping up the charges.

Whatever the actual punishment ends up for these bikers, even the legal fees alone is seriously punishing these low income thugs wannabe.

Last edited by BNR34; 11-14-13 at 03:49 PM.
Old 11-14-13, 05:30 PM
Sh1nra
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BNR34
Yes, he got the ball rolling is why the grand jury is stepping up the charges.

Whatever the actual punishment ends up for these bikers, even the legal fees alone is seriously punishing these low income thugs wannabe.
Haha. Maybe they will end up selling theit bikes to help cover the cost. That will be doing a favor for everyone on the road.

Quick Reply: NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV