Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-13, 10:25 AM
SteVTEC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a bunch of aholes. Couldn't see how "exactly" the situation started, but I did see a bunch of bikers driving way too close and crowding the guy right out of his lane, and then stopping right in front of him, on a highway, forcing him to "bump" the guy. Then they all stopped him right on the highway, closed it, and he's with his wife and a child. Yeah can't blame him for wanting to escape that.
Old 10-01-13, 10:38 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

These pictures made me so mad. They hit the wife's window and someone looks like they're opening the child's door. So messed up.

Old 10-01-13, 10:45 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Although the actions of one biker in front of the RR right around the 0.25-second-mark are unclear, from what I could tell in the video, those bikers, despite being all around the RR, gave no indication that they were going to hurt the driver or his family in any way....the driver probably panicked for nothing.
too bad you forgot surrounding his car, forcing him to stop, banging/denting his car, slashing his tires all while hes in the car with his wife and kid. No indication of aggression? Yea he sure did panick over nothing. The biker cuts in front of the SUV, turns around, slows down to see how close he can get to the RR, and he lost. His own damn fault for being an idiot. His actions were unclear?

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 10-01-13 at 10:49 AM.
Old 10-01-13, 10:57 AM
praetor
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
too bad you forgot surrounding his car, forcing him to stop, banging/denting his car, slashing his tires all while hes in the car with his wife and kid. No indication of aggression? Yea he sure did panick over nothing. The biker cuts in front of the SUV, turns around, slows down to see how close he can get to the RR, and he lost. His own damn fault for being an idiot. His actions were unclear?
+1 ... I probably would have done the same as the driver of the RR. I've been riding bikes for 10+ years but when it comes to my family, I'd make a run for it too.
Old 10-01-13, 11:41 AM
rai
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Although the actions of one biker in front of the RR right around the 0.25-second-mark are unclear, from what I could tell in the video, those bikers, despite being all around the RR, gave no indication that they were going to hurt the driver or his family in any way....the driver probably panicked for nothing.

Simply having bikers riding next to your car is not necessarily a danger sign..
Have you seen the other video in this post I believe this is the same group of retards. Also, likely this was not just the beginning of the incident probably the bikers started the whole incident and acting the way they did there is not a jury in the world that would believe their story against a respected (I presume) family man in a RR who probably had insurance, job, not looking to get into mischief which the bikers clearly are and I hope they put as many as they can find behind bars to give them plenty of time to ponder if they prefer to be law abiding citizens or street thugs. Sorry for the GF or wife of the paralyzed man but that's what they were asking for.

Famous quote from Cool Hand Luke :

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
Old 10-01-13, 11:58 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

1 biker charged, another critical in NYC Range Rover chase - U.S. News

Biker Sought in Assault of SUV Driver Turns Self In: Sources | NBC New York
Old 10-01-13, 11:59 AM
SteVTEC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
Pretty much.

It's one thing if you want to pull over to the side of the road to discuss the matter while allowing other traffic to pass (and witness), but something entirely different when they completely box him in and stop AND SHUT DOWN THE HIGHWAY. You're basically holding him and his family hostage at that point. My wife and I have discussed, and if the same thing happened to us I probably would have done the same thing. Hope they arrest and prosecute a whole bunch of these idiots. They also weren't just "riding next to him". You could see in the video how one of the bikers along side of him went right into his lane and made some sort of gesture to the driver of the RR. Yeah that's not aggressive. HUH?
Old 10-01-13, 12:03 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SteVTEC
Pretty much.

It's one thing if you want to pull over to the side of the road to discuss the matter while allowing other traffic to pass (and witness), but something entirely different when they completely box him in and stop AND SHUT DOWN THE HIGHWAY. You're basically holding him and his family hostage at that point. My wife and I have discussed, and if the same thing happened to us I probably would have done the same thing. Hope they arrest and prosecute a whole bunch of these idiots.
Absolutly agreed with you. No matter what the RR guy did you cannot hold hostage and act like a cop on the highway. You call 911 give them his place and they'll handle the situation. you don;t make the things straight by your own, you are an aggressor at that point like those riders are.
I would have done the same thing I am sure. until the last one. it's self defense at that point.
Cannot believe is anyone here siding with those bullies.
Old 10-01-13, 12:09 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The Asian in a RR probably was fuel to fire vs a Asian in a Camry.That one guy probably figured this guy has got $$$ and was maybe jealous and decided to bust his *****.Wrong move as he was arrested with multiple offenses and caused another biker to be paralyzed.
Just a thought.
Old 10-01-13, 12:32 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I saw the video yesterday and its the bikers fault. They brake checked the gut in the SUv then tried to get off their bikes to be all bad *** and got served some pay back. The bikers posted it to get some sympathy and it looks bad for them
Old 10-01-13, 12:55 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I lol'd a little...
Old 10-01-13, 12:57 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TangoRed
I lol'd a little...
Old 10-01-13, 01:00 PM
praetor
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 104 Posts

hahahahaaa
Old 10-01-13, 01:06 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I saw the video yesterday and its the bikers fault. They brake checked the gut in the SUv then tried to get off their bikes to be all bad *** and got served some pay back. The bikers posted it to get some sympathy and it looks bad for them
I think even the title of this thread wants to suggest that.
Old 10-01-13, 01:08 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

As a former rider, I'm appalled at some of the comments here. Regardless of what the biker did to the RR originally, there was no excuse for the RR to try to run them over afterwards. If he thought the other biker was brake checking him, then just slow down. If he felt his life was threatened, call the cops. Running over people with your car is vehicle manslaughter, and fortunately only 1 biker got his legs broken (supposedly disabled for life), so that was fortunate. I'm no way condoning the actions that happened thereafter, because see a biker group that large, you don't start poking a stick at a hornet's nest....you leave it alone.

Quick Reply: NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV