Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-20, 05:21 AM
geko29
Super Moderator

Received 297 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
Oh, this type of degeneracy seems to be encouraged across the US lately. Will insurance even cover the damages to the car in this case, since the damaged wasn't due to an accident but rather a direct assault?
Comprehensive should cover it.
Old 12-31-20, 05:37 AM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

As a society we have grown weak and tolerant of this behavior. I would not hesitate to run every one of these fools over if they were attacking me. We need a deterrent for these individuals that think they can do what they want, when they want.

I would also say the so-called “protesters” need to be put back in line. Somehow the line between protests and rioters has been blurred. Crazy times we live in, where criminals have more rights than law abiding citizens.
Old 12-31-20, 06:22 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

^
Unfortunately we don’t live in a country that stands behind law abiding citizens and if the poor driver ran them over - he would get arrested and have a bunch of civil suits brought against him. The car had MD plates so the driver / owner is a Medical Doctor with a lot to lose.

Personally I think NYC is headed back to 70s/80s era of crime and decay. The next mayor will be crucial but i think it will be somebody even more radical than DeBlasio.
Old 12-31-20, 06:27 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

One got arrested so far. 15 y/o from Queens. He'll learn nothing from this because of our spineless mayor.

I read the reason for this attack was that they were hanging on to the car door handles to catch a ride and the driver stopped short and one kid fell....

You guys are right. If the driver took off and ran these clowns over he'd be in more trouble than them.

NYC is becoming a sad town.
Old 12-31-20, 06:29 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Our next mayor probably be more progressive and give these clown more protection to do harm.
Old 12-31-20, 06:36 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 285 Likes on 202 Posts

It’s ridiculous how tolerant we have become with this behavior. It infuriates me every time I see a video like this and there are a decent amount out there although more relate to the “peaceful” protesters.
Old 12-31-20, 06:37 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

LOL where is Sharpton and BLM.
The poor 15yr old only wanted a ride - why should he settle for a bicycle while these ppl drive a new BMW.

BTW this is not an isolated incident- i have seen these mobs take over the city for years now and NYPD just looks the other way. High end shops in Soho and midtown get robbed daily, nothing is done either. Nobody cares.

In the remote chance, anyone is arrested for looting, theft, assault etc - you get released right away with the no cash bail reforms.

Last edited by RNM GS3; 12-31-20 at 06:41 AM.
Old 12-31-20, 06:38 AM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by SC300Es
Our next mayor probably be more progressive and give these clown more protection to do harm.
Its the stupid defund they police movement. People have gone nuts to allow this. I would not live in NY or CA. I’m in MA and it’s also an armpit of society. In general, people have lost their ability to reason and think for themselves. Too much social media and being spoon-fed lies and propaganda.
Old 12-31-20, 06:42 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 285 Likes on 202 Posts

The theft around here is rampant now also. My wife has been shopping in a couple stores where people walk in with trash bags and fill it up with merchandise and walk out or just take a whole rack of clothes and walk out. Nobody does anything, it’s just another ordinary day. If no one is going to stop it it will continue. At least some stores are now having police at the exits so it doesn’t happen.
Old 12-31-20, 06:53 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
Did you see the guy that jumped onto and broke the windshield? That right there is an assault and the driver could claim at that point he feared for his life. I don't know if I'd be able to keep my cool if I was in this situation.
agree 100%, I'd gas it and GTFO.
Old 12-31-20, 06:55 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
LOL where is Sharpton and BLM.
The poor 15yr old only wanted a ride - why should he settle for a bicycle while these ppl drive a new BMW.

BTW this is not an isolated incident- i have seen these mobs take over the city for years now and NYPD just looks the other way. High end shops in Soho and midtown get robbed daily, nothing is done either. Nobody cares.

In the remote chance, anyone is arrested for looting, theft, assault etc - you get released right away with the no cash bail reforms.
You know what drives me insane with videos like these? It's the laughter and the "oh, sh...ts" while everyone has their phone out recording and thinking it's all fun and games. With no care for human or property value.
Old 12-31-20, 07:02 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Here is an example of these wonderful bicycle gangs terrorizing the city.
I have seen this personally and you are helpless as you are outnumbered especially if you got kids in the back.

Old 12-31-20, 07:11 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Here is an example of these wonderful bicycle gangs terrorizing the city.
I have seen this personally and you are helpless as you are outnumbered especially if you got kids in the back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=pmfYDdS0Wn4

I did not watch the whole video, just scrolled through it real quick. To be fair, NYC has no space for kids to play and practice their bicycle skills, so its no surprise they take it to the streets. But thats quite a bit different than the disturbing assault we I posted.

More and more sane people will leave NY and take their taxes with them. I’m hoping to make my move next year.
Old 12-31-20, 07:38 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Och
I did not watch the whole video, just scrolled through it real quick. To be fair, NYC has no space for kids to play and practice their bicycle skills, so its no surprise they take it to the streets. But thats quite a bit different than the disturbing assault we I posted.

More and more sane people will leave NY and take their taxes with them. I’m hoping to make my move next year.
They are so proud of themselves for doing wheelies, aren't they?

Where to? I would move to Holmdel, NJ in a heartbeat if I didn't have our parents here in NYC.
Old 12-31-20, 07:42 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SC300Es
They are so proud of themselves for doing wheelies, aren't they?

Where to? I would move to Holmdel, NJ in a heartbeat if I didn't have our parents here in NYC.
Thinking South Jersey. I could have a mansion there for what my small house in NYC is worth.

Quick Reply: NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV