Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-20, 08:03 AM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Agreed. Bigger house. Higher property taxes. No NYC taxes. I'm OK with that
Old 12-31-20, 08:15 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,962 Posts

Unbelievable...just unbelievable.

Och, my wife's family all live in South Jersey now, let me know if you want some advice about areas...
Old 12-31-20, 09:19 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
I did not watch the whole video, just scrolled through it real quick. To be fair, NYC has no space for kids to play and practice their bicycle skills, so its no surprise they take it to the streets. But thats quite a bit different than the disturbing assault we I posted.

More and more sane people will leave NY and take their taxes with them. I’m hoping to make my move next year.
I didn’t watch full video myself but if u flip through it you can clearly see they passed several police cars without any repercussions. Also the video focuses on the “stunts” not the stuff they do like damaging cars on purpose or running into ppl. We were all kids once and did stupid stuff but if there is no authority to keep u in check then you will just continue to go further to see the limits of what u can get away with.
Old 12-31-20, 09:25 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SC300Es
Agreed. Bigger house. Higher property taxes. No NYC taxes. I'm OK with that
If you have kids starting public school- you can’t stay in NYC unfortunately nowadays.

I moved out last year just in time thankfully.
Old 12-31-20, 11:19 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
Did you see the guy that jumped onto and broke the windshield? That right there is an assault and the driver could claim at that point he feared for his life. I don't know if I'd be able to keep my cool if I was in this situation.
I see them riding their stupid bikes down the west side highway a few times. Those fu*kers would be under my GX if they tried that with me.
Old 12-31-20, 11:29 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
If you have kids starting public school- you can’t stay in NYC unfortunately nowadays.

I moved out last year just in time thankfully.
Where to if you don't mind? I have friends whos kids were bullied so bad that they elected to home school and even contemplating leaving the country.
Old 12-31-20, 11:33 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

I didn’t watch full video myself but if u flip through it you can clearly see they passed several police cars without any repercussions. Also the video focuses on the “stunts” not the stuff they do like damaging cars on purpose or running into ppl. We were all kids once and did stupid stuff but if there is no authority to keep u in check then you will just continue to go further to see the limits of what u can get away with.
Lack of authority to keep nuisance like this in check is one thing, but its almost being encouraged in NYC. I do not want to make this political, but it seems like those in charge somehow benefit from the overall degeneracy and are actively promoting it.
Old 12-31-20, 11:36 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Unbelievable...just unbelievable.

Och, my wife's family all live in South Jersey now, let me know if you want some advice about areas...
Thanks Steve, I will keep this in mind. I used to always diss Jersey and said I'll never move out of NYC, but with everything thats going on here I'm ready to move. Almost all of my high school friends have moved, and for me it makes sense financially, business wise, and personal conveniences.
Old 12-31-20, 11:45 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

More of these same savages also attacking a yellow cab driver.

https://nypost.com/2020/12/31/harrow...ck-on-nyc-cab/

And update from the driver of the BMW.

https://nypost.com/2020/12/30/bmw-dr...nyc-bike-gang/
Old 12-31-20, 12:06 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,962 Posts

Watching the BMW video again, watching that kid punch the side window over and over and over again, hes gotta be on something. He must have broken his hand...
Old 12-31-20, 12:37 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Och
Where to if you don't mind? I have friends whos kids were bullied so bad that they elected to home school and even contemplating leaving the country.
I moved to LI (North Shore) as I wanted to still be close to the city but with excellent school districts. The house prices and property taxes here are not cheap but at least they go to the schools and town.

My daughter is in 2nd grade - school has been open since the fall and she has only 10 kids in her class.

Also remember when you leave NYC - you no longer have to pay NYC income tax which helped lower the impact of the higher RE taxes in LI compared to my previous house in Brooklyn.
Old 12-31-20, 12:40 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

I moved to LI (North Shore) as I wanted to still be close to the city but with excellent school districts. The house prices and property taxes here are not cheap but at least they go to the schools and town.

My daughter is in 2nd grade - school has been open since the fall and she has only 10 kids in her class.

Also remember when you leave NYC - you no longer have to pay NYC income tax which helped lower the impact of the higher RE taxes in LI compared to my previous house in Brooklyn.
I like Long Island, but the traffic on there is just just insane, and it's just too isolated, and if you need to go anywhere you have to go through the city which adds hours to your commute.
Old 12-31-20, 01:04 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

no more political comments or posts, please.
Old 12-31-20, 01:25 PM
92 SC400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Crazy stuff! I thought the "bike parties" here in CA were annoying, but at least they don't vandalize stuff (as far as I know...).

Last edited by 92 SC400; 12-31-20 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-31-20, 01:46 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,285 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Originally Posted by mbarron37
Its the stupid defund they police movement. People have gone nuts to allow this. I would not live in NY or CA. I’m in MA and it’s also an armpit of society. In general, people have lost their ability to reason and think for themselves. Too much social media and being spoon-fed lies and propaganda.
LOL where is Sharpton and BLM.
The poor 15yr old only wanted a ride - why should he settle for a bicycle while these ppl drive a new BMW.

BTW this is not an isolated incident- i have seen these mobs take over the city for years now and NYPD just looks the other way. High end shops in Soho and midtown get robbed daily, nothing is done either. Nobody cares.

In the remote chance, anyone is arrested for looting, theft, assault etc - you get released right away with the no cash bail reforms.
Originally Posted by SC300Es
Our next mayor probably be more progressive and give these clown more protection to do harm.
One more political post and this thread is closed. You guys know the rules, keep the debate stuff off our community.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...les#faq_debate
Prohibited Topics - Debate and Politics
Additionally, the following discussion topics are prohibited on Club Lexus in new threads or replies to existing threads:

• Discussions or comments on politics.
• Discussions or comments about politicians or political parties.
• Discussions or comments about religion.
• Discussions or comments about emotionally charged debate topics such as abortion, gun control, race relations, etc.

Quick Reply: NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV