Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-20, 03:13 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
Thinking South Jersey. I could have a mansion there for what my small house in NYC is worth.
I would try moving somewhere else, states further South or further North, when I went to South Jersey a couple times I never saw any places I would want to live, just avoid, most people I talk to say its mostly places you have to avoid when it comes to South Jersey. Aside from many parts of Philadelphia and parts of Pittsburgh, most of Pennsylvania is pretty nice, Southern Delaware is very nice, Tennessee, Alabama, Carolina's are nice if you don't mind going further South.
Old 12-31-20, 03:21 PM
situman
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
I like Long Island, but the traffic on there is just just insane, and it's just too isolated, and if you need to go anywhere you have to go through the city which adds hours to your commute.
Its no more insane than the BQE or Belt Parkway or I95. Traveling outside NY isnt as bad as you seem to think. There are many tunnels and bridges to take, where the time difference is minimal.
Old 12-31-20, 03:21 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
More of these same savages also attacking a yellow cab driver.

https://nypost.com/2020/12/31/harrow...ck-on-nyc-cab/

And update from the driver of the BMW.

https://nypost.com/2020/12/30/bmw-dr...nyc-bike-gang/
What ignoramus raises those things, how can they possibly be such a awful parent that their offspring turns out like this unless you encourage them to behave like uncivilized animals. Of course they want to blame society when they get killed, arrested, and can't live a decent life/get even a low paying job. And people and police just do nothing because they don't want to be accused of something or attacked by social media and fired/image tarnished. These types just go out looking to instigate something so they can attack someone, they are really loud in movie theaters, restaurants, stores, out on the street, harass people and then when someone says something they think they are tough by ganging up on them and harassing them more and attacking them. Worse it there is very little consequence for this behavior anymore, it is even encouraged by much of social media/some politicians/social justice figures so it only gets worse. NYC is going back to the dark days of the 70's and 80's, record numbers of shootings, murders, theft, attacks, harassment over the past few years, especially since Spring and much of it is just not reported or recorded anymore. What a disgrace.

Last edited by UDel; 12-31-20 at 03:32 PM.
Old 12-31-20, 03:24 PM
situman
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
What ignoramus raises those things, how can they possibly be such a awful parent that their offspring turns out like this unless you encourage them to behave like uncivilized animals. Of course they want to blame society when they get killed, arrested, and can't live a decent life/get even a low paying job. And people and police just do nothing because they don't want to be accused of something or attacked by social media and fired/image tarnished. These types just go out looking to instigate something so they can attack someone, they are really loud in movie theaters, restaurants, stores, out on the street, harass people and then when they say something they think they are tough by ganging up on them and harassing them more and attacking them. Worse it there is very little consequence for this behavior, it is even encouraged my much of social media/some politicians/social justice figures so it only gets worse. NYC is going back to the dark days of the 70's and 80's, record numbers of shootings, murders, theft, attacks, harassment and much of it is just not reported or recorded anymore. What a disgrace.
Those kids are from project housings or low income housings most likely from the Harlem or even Bronx area where the mentality is you etierh want to succeed and get the F out of those places or choose the easy route and go break things.
Old 12-31-20, 05:30 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
I like Long Island, but the traffic on there is just just insane, and it's just too isolated, and if you need to go anywhere you have to go through the city which adds hours to your commute.
Depends where on LI. Suffolk county i agree is far from everything but most of Nassau is not bad. Obviously the farther away you are, the better the price and larger property.

I’m about 15miles from midtown - about hour drive to the city.
I go to Brooklyn all the time, thats about hour to hour and a half depending how bad the Belt Pkwy is.

My town also has LIRR which goes to Penn Station in 30min. I take that when i have meetings for work in the city.

If you have kids, I highly recommend LI for the schools.
NJ is much more spread out and I can’t stand the tolls every 2min lol plus you are dealing with crazy traffic taking any of the bridges coming to NYC / Brooklyn.
Old 01-01-21, 09:34 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

NYC off to a great start in 2021.

Old 01-01-21, 10:16 AM
Stroock639
Lexus Test Driver

Received 239 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
I moved to LI (North Shore) as I wanted to still be close to the city but with excellent school districts. The house prices and property taxes here are not cheap but at least they go to the schools and town.
where on the north shore? i'm in manhasset and i agree excellent schools
Old 01-01-21, 10:34 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,366 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Originally Posted by bitkahuna
no more political comments or posts, please.

Sorry, protests have nothing to do with this topic. More debate and political discussion, this thread is closed.