Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-13, 01:11 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
too bad you forgot surrounding his car, forcing him to stop, banging/denting his car, slashing his tires all while hes in the car with his wife and kid. No indication of aggression? Yea he sure did panick over nothing. The biker cuts in front of the SUV, turns around, slows down to see how close he can get to the RR, and he lost. His own damn fault for being an idiot. His actions were unclear?
Are you suggesting that the RR's actions to run over bikers was justifiable? Then what happened to the RR driver aftewards was just a quid pro quo?!!
Old 10-01-13, 01:12 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ST430
As a former rider, I'm appalled at some of the comments here. Regardless of what the biker did to the RR originally, there was no excuse for the RR to try to run them over afterwards. If he thought the other biker was brake checking him, then just slow down. If he felt his life was threatened, call the cops. Running over people with your car is vehicle manslaughter, and fortunately only 1 biker got his legs broken (supposedly disabled for life), so that was fortunate. I'm no way condoning the actions that happened thereafter, because see a biker group that large, you don't start poking a stick at a hornet's nest....you leave it alone.
I disagree.

The wife called 911 and no cop showed during the whole chase so what good was calling the cops?
The driver was not charged with anything.The biker that started the whole thing was charged with multiple offenses
That biker was responsible for the injured biker..
Old 10-01-13, 01:16 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Joeb427
I disagree.

The wife called 911 and no cop showed during the whole chase so what good was calling the cops?
The driver was not charged with anything.The biker that started the whole thing was charged with multiple offenses
That biker was responsible for the injured biker..
What good is not aggravating the situation by running over PEOPLE?! WTF?! Yes, he got his tires slashed and his car damaged, but is that not better than having people in the hospital for potentially critical injuries? As I said, I don't condone what happened afterwards, but this situation could of been avoided if RR didn't try to run over a GROUP of bikers.
Old 10-01-13, 01:17 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

As a former rider, I'm appalled at some of the comments here. Regardless of what the biker did to the RR originally, there was no excuse for the RR to try to run them over afterwards. If he thought the other biker was brake checking him, then just slow down. If he felt his life was threatened, call the cops. Running over people with your car is vehicle manslaughter, and fortunately only 1 biker got his legs broken (supposedly disabled for life), so that was fortunate. I'm no way condoning the actions that happened thereafter, because see a biker group that large, you don't start poking a stick at a hornet's nest....you leave it alone.
He called 911 before this incident even happened. Don't let the edited video deceive you. The other bike did break check him, and then he clearly panicked. We can debate the intentions of the RR owner forever, but I saw it has him flooring it to get the hell out of there, not to aim at anyone in particular.
Old 10-01-13, 01:18 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can see this happening……… guy turns around to yell at his kid or looks because their choking or something, drifts into another lane while doing it, bikers go ape **** which is why he got brake checked…………..

have read a lot about this story, but maybe I missed where the whole story began, we only get to see what someone wants to give us
Old 10-01-13, 01:20 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What good is not aggravating the situation by running over PEOPLE?! WTF?! Yes, he got his tires slashed and his car damaged, but is that not better than having people in the hospital for potentially critical injuries? As I said, I don't condone what happened afterwards, but this situation could of been avoided if RR didn't try to run over a GROUP of bikers.
This is a road rage, the motorist started getting off their motorcicle and go to teach him a lesson. What would you do with your family inside? Let them all come over you?
Those motorcyclist are lucky they didn;t confront a Russian guy. The way road rage are in russia they'll all end up in hospital.
Old 10-01-13, 01:23 PM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by J.P.
I can see this happening……… guy turns around to yell at his kid or looks because their choking or something, drifts into another lane while doing it, bikers go ape **** which is why he got brake checked…………..
that doesnt justify a biker brake checking the RR...if this was the case, the RR driver ACCIDENTALLY drifted into the lane. the biker INTENTIONALLY brake checked the RR.

big differences to me, not to mention the bikers denting the car up prior to the RR hitting any bikers as well as boxing in the RR
Old 10-01-13, 01:23 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 155 Likes on 115 Posts

he run over people after they stopped him in the middle of the highway and tried to get into his car.
Old 10-01-13, 01:25 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Originally Posted by keyframe13
This is a road rage, the motorist started getting off their motorcicle and go to teach him a lesson. What would you do with your family inside? Let them all come over you?
Those motorcyclist are lucky they didn;t confront a Russian guy. The way road rage are in russia they'll all end up in hospital.
Have you ever driven a motorcycle? Do you realize how vulnerable you are? Yes, they stopped him and approached him and evidently slashed his tires. Big deal, he has a RR and that's what's insurance is for. If you say his actions running over a group of people potentially critically injuring them or even killing them was justifiable, then was it right for them to retaliate for it?
Old 10-01-13, 01:26 PM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by spwolf
he run over people after they stopped him in the middle of the highway and tried to get into his car.
I guess you could treat it in the same sense as an intruder trying to break into your house...shoot and ask questions after, RR driver was in no way wrong from what I've read. he acted in self-defense after threats from the bikers
Old 10-01-13, 01:27 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Originally Posted by spwolf
so its okay to run over people if they "tried to into his car"? yet, its not okay if you get run over to beat them up?
Old 10-01-13, 01:29 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you ever driven a motorcycle? Do you realize how vulnerable you are? Yes, they stopped him and approached him and evidently slashed his tires. Big deal, he has a RR and that's what's insurance is for. If you say his actions running over a group of people potentially critically injuring them or even killing them was justifiable, then was it right for them to retaliate for it?
Yes, he escaped from being circled and hold on the highway against his wish. It is self defense to me and he was in the right to run over all the agressors to protect him and his family. Hence why he wasn't the one charged by the authorities. You ar evulnerable and it's your wish to continue driving, This doesn;t give you the right to attack people over a simple mistake. CALL 911 for that.
Old 10-01-13, 01:29 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TangoRed
He called 911 before this incident even happened. Don't let the edited video deceive you. The other bike did break check him, and then he clearly panicked. We can debate the intentions of the RR owner forever, but I saw it has him flooring it to get the hell out of there, not to aim at anyone in particular.
And brake checking someone warranted running over others potentially killing them? Was he in a bicycle or a 2 ton RR?
Old 10-01-13, 01:31 PM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

car insurance is not meant to cover the intent to harm a driver/passengers (slashing the tire)...not to mention his deductible probably would allow the driver of the RR paying out his pocket regardless for the bikers being idiots
Old 10-01-13, 01:31 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Originally Posted by keyframe13
Yes, he escaped from being circled and hold on the highway against his wish. It is self defense to me and he was in the right to run over all the agressors to protect him and his family. Hence why he wasn't the one charged by the authorities. You ar evulnerable and it's your wish to continue driving, This doesn;t give you the right to attack people over a simple mistake. CALL 911 for that.
yet the RR couldn't call 911? I get it....

Quick Reply: NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV