Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-13, 01:52 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by ST430
It looks like everyone has their take, so I won't debate further. As I said, I do NOT condone the actions by the bikers, but think cooler heads could of prevailed to de-escalate the situation. I see many things that went wrong in this situation, but find it questionable that running over bikers is justifiable. In this day and age where people are quick to blame, hurt, or kill others, I rather just make wiser decisions then and only then take actions IF it absolutely warranted it.
dude, they slashed his tries and tried to get him out of the car so they can beat him up, at that point he run.

what cooler heads? there were 50+ bikers there, few of them trying to smash his car... he could have reacted differently only if he had a bazooka.
Old 10-01-13, 01:53 PM
praetor
Racer

Received 147 Likes on 104 Posts

It's a damn shame though that someone was hurt. You think the guy in Rover really wanted to endanger his wife and baby? You think he feels good about running some dude over? But this is what you get when you try to play tough bikers with a 6,000 lb SUV.
Old 10-01-13, 01:56 PM
rai
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And brake checking someone warranted running over others potentially killing them? Was he in a bicycle or a 2 ton RR?
You have no idea what you are talking about, these guys were trying to injure him and his wife, 30 punks have you seen the other videos of these *** clowns running red lights and attacking Prius driver. No doubt in my mind they provoked the incident 100,000% and the motorcycle gang shold all be arrested.

this RR driver is not a bad *** trying to act all Dirty Harry on these punks, they threatened him and he escaped. Too bad if you run with the bulls expect the horns IMO.
Old 10-01-13, 02:00 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
dude, they slashed his tries and tried to get him out of the car so they can beat him up, at that point he run.

what cooler heads? there were 50+ bikers there, few of them trying to smash his car... he could have reacted differently only if he had a bazooka.
Are you on some euro crack or something? look at 0:50, most were still on their bikes looking back to see what happened. of course the one that got hit is going to be pissed. dont confuse with what takes place later with the original incident .
Old 10-01-13, 02:02 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by rai
You have no idea what you are talking about, these guys were trying to injure him and his wife, 30 punks have you seen the other videos of these *** clowns running red lights and attacking Prius driver. No doubt in my mind they provoked the incident 100,000% and the motorcycle gang shold all be arrested.

this RR driver is not a bad *** trying to act all Dirty Harry on these punks, they threatened him and he escaped. Too bad if you run with the bulls expect the horns IMO.
I guess for you, everyone got what they deserve then....
Old 10-01-13, 02:02 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

IN nYC and the area around NJ/ bayonne/Jersey City everyone drives crazy and they are on your a$$. Yea the Bikers are here to blame but the RR guys was right there on their A$$ too. I have 2 little kids and if invoked i would run anyone over too. I feel like its the like 10% RR fault here as well..he could have just slowed down and let them pass.

a week ago there were about 20 Harley Bikes on the 95, i was on the middle lane and they came up fast on my, i just switched over and let them pass. NO issues ..

It looks like everyone has their take, so I won't debate further. As I said, I do NOT condone the actions by the bikers, but think cooler heads could of prevailed to de-escalate the situation. I see many things that went wrong in this situation, but find it questionable that running over bikers is justifiable. In this day and age where people are quick to blame, hurt, or kill others, I rather just make wiser decisions then and only then take actions IF it absolutely warranted it.
Old 10-01-13, 02:07 PM
rai
Lead Lap

Selfs defense is allowed, if 30 guys are threatening me or you or any person in America would do the same thing. He was not running over people until they started to lynch him, he wold have waited all day for the police but not if they start attacking him. Some people really have a hard on for law breakers it seems
Old 10-01-13, 02:12 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Are you on some euro crack or something? look at 0:50, most were still on their bikes looking back to see what happened. of course the one that got hit is going to be pissed. dont confuse with what takes place later with the original incident .

i dont know what are you not seeing there... he was pissed? he braked in front of the RR on purpose to stop him and he got hit... I dont get it? Then others tried to get driver from the car, together with few of their buddies that slashed the RR's tires.

And that point, RR drive should have been cool and go out and get beaten by a mob? If you look at 0:50, you will barely see them trying to open the doors.
Old 10-01-13, 02:12 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

i love cager double standards....the bikers should of called 911, which did not respond, yet the RR has every right to run over people....i sure hate to be around you guys when you're pissed or scared.
Need less to say, this guy's EQ/IQ is off the chart!!

I will do the same, If I got a gun, I will start shooting the moment the biker try to open my door. I'll rather spend few year in jail than heaven where I will never see my family again.

Last edited by grabber2; 10-01-13 at 02:24 PM.
Old 10-01-13, 02:16 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

ST430, your arguments are horrible.
Old 10-01-13, 02:18 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
ST430, your arguments are horrible.
Makes me think if he was the same in traffic if he think the bikers did nothing wrong.
Old 10-01-13, 02:20 PM
rai
Lead Lap

I thought you weren't going to debate it.

If the RR was at fault, let the cops come and give him a ticket, don't attack him or slash his tires. That's just asking for it.

We all know where you stand on the matter, the rich guy with a job and car insurance and a registered vehicle is at fault and the swarm of 30+ punks are just angels.

And look up the guy who is in the hospital has YouTube video of himself doing wheelies on public street with innocent drivers at risk. And gosh don't you know it, something bad happens to him and now all the sudden it's not his fault it's the guy with a job and a family and who has insurance and license plate on his vehicle who is out for a ride not trying to get into a mess. These guys who wanted to get into a mess, got into one and now we are supposed to feel sorry for them?

Last edited by rai; 10-01-13 at 02:26 PM.
Old 10-01-13, 02:29 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The RR driver is an idiot. He didnt raise the suspension and activate the terrain response.
Old 10-01-13, 02:33 PM
po1qw
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rai
I thought you weren't going to debate it.

If the RR was at fault, let the cops come and give him a ticket, don't attack him or slash his tires. That's just asking for it.

We all know where you stand on the matter, the rich guy with a job and car insurance and a registered vehicle is at fault and the swarm of 30+ punks are just angels.

And look up the guy who is in the hospital has YouTube video of himself down wheelies on public street with innocent drivers at risk. And gosh don't you know it, something bad happens to him and now all the sudden it's not his fault it's the guy with a job and a family and who has insurance and license plate on his vehicle who is out for a ride not trying to get into a mess. These guys who wanted to get into a mess, got into one and now we are supposed to feel sorry for them?

couldnt say it better myself at first I was trying not to be bias, but after seeing videos pictures of what these biker were doing it just gave me no sympathy for the biker doing stupid stuff (break checking) led to his stupid prize (hospital).

And do you really think if he would had pulled over and talked it out he wouldn't had been the one in the coma? I think it was a wise choice to break for it with his vehicle is basically being the self defense item~ hell I even surprised he made it that far with slashed tire, just look at those picture on page 4? all you see were his rim hanging out no rubber.
Old 10-01-13, 03:05 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Just saw a NYC TV news report and the biker that was injured broke his spine in two places and will never walk again.
Seems the biker who was charged caused this incident.Sad situation for all involved.

Last edited by Joeb427; 10-01-13 at 03:12 PM.

Quick Reply: NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV