Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-13, 03:15 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Just saw a NYC TV news report and the biker that was injured broke his spine in two places and will never walk again.
Seems the biker who was charged caused this incident.Sad situation for all involved.
The paralyzed biker should sue the brake checking tool. He started it all. Zero sympathy for any of those idiots in that biker gang. They should've all been locked up and their bikes impounded.
Old 10-01-13, 03:23 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by baddis es
that doesnt justify a biker brake checking the RR...if this was the case, the RR driver ACCIDENTALLY drifted into the lane. the biker INTENTIONALLY brake checked the RR.

big differences to me, not to mention the bikers denting the car up prior to the RR hitting any bikers as well as boxing in the RR
Without knowing the whole story, my assumption \ point was, guy may have made a slight error in lane drift, and it turned into someone getting run over and the guy getting beat and sliced in front of his family……….. where do we stand as a society……..
Old 10-01-13, 03:32 PM
rai
Lead Lap

Wheelie boy, got run over by a car. What are the odds?

Last edited by rai; 10-01-13 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-01-13, 03:37 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by ST430
What good is not aggravating the situation by running over PEOPLE?! WTF?! Yes, he got his tires slashed and his car damaged, but is that not better than having people in the hospital for potentially critical injuries? As I said, I don't condone what happened afterwards, but this situation could of been avoided if RR didn't try to run over a GROUP of bikers.
Have you not paid attention to the facts in this case? These bikers were intimidating and harassing this guy(and others) for no reason before the incident. Did you not see the video where the biker made the guy slam his brakes on and hit him on purpose, the biker was looking back towards the RR bumper while he did it just to cause an altercation. The bikers then surround this guy that they got stopped on the highway(extremely deadly/dangerous) and then starting trying to open his door, started beating on his vehicle, and slashed his tires while him and his family are terrified inside. You think he should just sit there and take it and pray to god a cop who is not anywhere in sight shows up because it is no big deal to be surrounded by a marauding bike gang, get your tires slashed, and for them to try to open your door and pull you out of your car. The RR driver did nothing wrong and had every right to try to get the hell out of there. I would have done the same exact thing.

You know what happens when someone sits in their vehicle, hopes cops show up, and lets angry marauding thugs decide what happens to you, there is a good chance you end up like Reginald Denny during the LA Riots who was savagely beaten to a inch of his life for no reason, he was in a truck, he should have floored it and run over any of those lowlifes that were looting, attacking drivers, and terrorizing people in the middle of that intersection.

I see aggressive thuggish bikers like this all the time when driving in Baltimore going 90+mph, cutting people off, passing on the shoulder, harassing people by riding their tails or brake checking them, surrounding cars, pulling up right aside stopped people in cars and making threatening gestures or yelling at them, just terrible people altogether and give bikers a very bad name/image. They act this way because they know most cops around there don't chase crotch rockets because the bikes are too quick, it is easy to loose cops with so many roads/streets, and there is too much traffic which makes it too dangerous.

You don't have to justify or defend that thuggish marauding harassing terrorizing behavior of that bike gang just because you happen to own a bike and ride, I don't defend people who do dumb things in black sedans just because I own one. I got a little into crotch rockets when I was younger but there is no way I would defend them. Looking at the history and videos of that bike gang(Hollywood stuntz) they are fully to blame, they harass and intimidate, pass on the left/shoulders, pass on sidewalks, cut people off, run red lights and stop signs, create dangerous and deadly situations, ride dirt bikes and 4 wheelers on the highway, tie up traffic, damage public property, they created a huge traffic jam in Times Square last year to do stunts and terrorize everyone around them until they were removed by police, etc. They then have the gall to post the video and look for sympathy and retribution and what they got is most people telling them how much they hate them and bike gangs just like them and they got what they deserve.

Since the facts have come out the title of this thread really needs to change, the RR driver was not at fault, it was the thuggish bikers terrorizing a family who are at fault and caused this.
Old 10-01-13, 03:51 PM
rai
Lead Lap

Quite a good ad for Range Rover and I am surprised he didn't put it in reverse at the end when he was blocked in.
Old 10-01-13, 03:52 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by UZ214
IN nYC and the area around NJ/ bayonne/Jersey City everyone drives crazy and they are on your a$$. Yea the Bikers are here to blame but the RR guys was right there on their A$$ too. I have 2 little kids and if invoked i would run anyone over too. I feel like its the like 10% RR fault here as well..he could have just slowed down and let them pass.

a week ago there were about 20 Harley Bikes on the 95, i was on the middle lane and they came up fast on my, i just switched over and let them pass. NO issues ..
the bikers approached from behind and were passing, RR didnt tailgate anyone
Old 10-01-13, 04:04 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

http://www.gtspirit.com/2013/10/01/u...port-incident/

UPDATE !!!!!
Yesterday we reported an incident that occurred in New York over the weekend involving a bike gang and a Range Rover Sport. The entire event was captured on video and now multiple sources are reporting that the biker we saw who caused the original accident, 28 year old Christopher Cruz, has been arrested. Cruz is set to be charged with menacing, reckless endangerment and endangering the welfare of a child.

The identity of the Range Rover Sport driver has been confirmed as 33 year old Alexian Lien who was travelling with his wife Rosalyn Ng, and their 2-year-old daughter. Its thought that around 30 bikers followed the Range Rover following the incident. The event, an annual ride from Brooklyn to Times Square known as Hollywood Block Party, had been organised by a man known as Hollywood Stuntz. Police had been monitoring the event and arrested 15 bikers, confiscated 55 motorcycles and issued 68 summonses.

It is being reported that one of the bikers, 32 year old Edwin Mieses was taken to hospital following the incident. He is currently in a critical condition, having sustained broken legs. Doctors have placed Mieses in a medically-induced coma at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital. There is some suggestion he could have been paralysed by the accident.

The driver of the Range Rover Sport, Alexander Lien sustained knife wounds to his face. He was admitted to hospital for treatment. He received stitches before being discharged. Police are still searching for the two bikers who carried out the attack. Lien was not expected to be charged, but the police department is still investigating the incident.

Almost all of the bikers involved had their numberplates removed. Many were not even registered for the road or even road-legal. The videos below show that on past events, and on this weekend’s event, violence had broken out. Sources suggest that last year an incident occurred between a bus and a rider when the rider smashed the rear window with a crowbar. The video below shows those involved riding on the pavements and even attacking a Prius driver. Seems as though the whole event was an accident waiting to happen…

The videos below show similar events organised in the same area (probably by the same person):
Old 10-01-13, 05:23 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

http://nypost.com/2013/10/01/bike-ga...close-highway/

Bike gang tried to close highway
By Larry CelonaOctober 1, 2013 | 3:10pm

Bike gang tried to close highway

They wanted the highway all to themselves.

The psycho bikers who viciously beat a Manhattan driver in front of his wife and 2-year-old daughter were at first trying to slow the man down so they could get in front of him and take over the West Side Highway, law-enforcement sources told The Post on Tuesday.

The thugs had already blocked off at least some of the highway’s entrances to prevent other drivers from getting onto the stretch near West 125th Street, sources said.

“They just wanted this guy to slow down so they could have the whole highway to themselves’’ to do their dangerous tricks, a source said.

But the victim, 33-year-old Columbia grad and Internet honcho Alexian Lien, bumped his Range Rover into the bike in front of him, sparking a wild videotaped chase and his eventual beat-down.

Two bikers have been busted in the road-rage incident. Cops said they’re hunting for more suspects.
Old 10-01-13, 05:38 PM
rai
Lead Lap

i love cager double standards....the bikers should of called 911, which did not respond, yet the RR has every right to run over people....i sure hate to be around you guys when you're pissed or scared.
Where were the cops during this?

Any legitimate motorcycle rider who condones this or tries to blame the RR driver (cager? WTF? are you in 2nd grade?) It's BS riders and defenders of them who give bikers a bad name.

I'd love to hear the biker call 911 "911, we were doing illegal **** and harassing this cager dude and he didn't like it and he bumped one of us off our wittle bike."

Last edited by rai; 10-01-13 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10-01-13, 05:44 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

next time dont bring a moto to a Squid Rover I mean Land Rover fight
Old 10-01-13, 06:42 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

Wow, the hate in this thread, especially by the station wagon, mini-van drivers lol....and associating this with RK event? O.o

Anyhow, whatever the truth is, there are different perspectives:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/01/ny...say.html?_r=3&

"Jeff Forde, 24, a motorcyclist from Crown Heights, Brooklyn, said the gathering on Sunday was intended to celebrate the end of the summer rides and to mark a moment of fraternity among rivals. “Everybody just comes out for that one last ride,” Mr. Forde said. “You got all these different crews, all these groups, who most of the year wouldn’t be seen next to each other. It’s one big family thing.”"

“No biker became aggressive with the driver after the incident,” said Mr. Towles, who belongs to a Brooklyn motorcycle club. “People were just trying to find out what just happened.”

I just hope justice is given to all, even this guy:

"Mr. Mieses is in a coma after suffering broken ribs and a broken spine that may ultimately leave him paralyzed, his wife, Dayana Mieses, said at a news conference outside St. Luke's Hospital. Ms. Mieses said she was outraged that Mr. Mieses was being treated as a criminal instead of a victim. 'I just want people to know that the only victim is not' the driver of the SUV, she said.
"Ms. Mieses said her husband was visiting the city for the motorcycle event from Lawrence, Mass., where he works as a studio engineer. She said her husband was run over early in the chase when he parked his bike and tried to help a rider who was already injured.
"She added that while she understood the driver was scared because he was surrounded by motorcyclists, 'he should have stopped. He should have just stopped.'"

Last edited by ST430; 10-01-13 at 06:46 PM.
Old 10-01-13, 06:50 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Deleted Videos Show Asshat Bikers Before Range Rover Attack

All kinds of lane splitting, driving on the shoulder, driving on the sidewalk (with pedestrians), running red lights, blocking intersections, blocking merge lanes, popping wheelies, vehicles illegal for the street, etc.
Old 10-01-13, 06:55 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
Deleted Videos Show Asshat Bikers Before Range Rover Attack

All kinds of lane splitting, driving on the shoulder, driving on the sidewalk (with pedestrians), running red lights, blocking intersections, blocking merge lanes, popping wheelies, vehicles illegal for the street, etc.
yes, all bikers are like that...
Old 10-01-13, 06:58 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Wow, the hate in this thread, especially by the station wagon, mini-van drivers lol....and associating this with RK event? O.o

Anyhow, whatever the truth is, there are different perspectives:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/01/ny...say.html?_r=3&

"Jeff Forde, 24, a motorcyclist from Crown Heights, Brooklyn, said the gathering on Sunday was intended to celebrate the end of the summer rides and to mark a moment of fraternity among rivals. “Everybody just comes out for that one last ride,” Mr. Forde said. “You got all these different crews, all these groups, who most of the year wouldn’t be seen next to each other. It’s one big family thing.”"

“No biker became aggressive with the driver after the incident,” said Mr. Towles, who belongs to a Brooklyn motorcycle club. “People were just trying to find out what just happened.”

"Mr. Mieses is in a coma after suffering broken ribs and a broken spine that may ultimately leave him paralyzed, his wife, Dayana Mieses, said at a news conference outside St. Luke's Hospital. Ms. Mieses said she was outraged that Mr. Mieses was being treated as a criminal instead of a victim. 'I just want people to know that the only victim is not' the driver of the SUV, she said.
"Ms. Mieses said her husband was visiting the city for the motorcycle event from Lawrence, Mass., where he works as a studio engineer. She said her husband was run over early in the chase when he parked his bike and tried to help a rider who was already injured.
"She added that while she understood the driver was scared because he was surrounded by motorcyclists, 'he should have stopped. He should have just stopped.'"
There're reasons why the NYPD states the so call biker witness's word are full of crap. Of course a biker would say good word to them-self. Try ask a drug dealer if they think they are bad?

Too bad for the family, but saying crap like "He should have just stopped" is meaning less. She Should say the bikers should have just use one lane & leave other car alone instead of taking over the highway to create trouble & traffic just for your entertainment! Btw, get a rally permit if you want to have such huge# bike gathering.
Old 10-01-13, 07:24 PM
rai
Lead Lap

Wow, the hate in this thread, especially by the station wagon, mini-van drivers lol....
we can't all be supercool like you..

Quick Reply: NYC motorcycle gang ride altercation with family in SUV