Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

How to become an INDYCAR racer with no money or experience....

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-13, 01:16 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How to become an INDYCAR racer with no money or experience....

Want to become a racecar driver, but you haz no money, you aren't rich, and have no track experience?

Then you might want to click here.

From The Skip Barber Racing School website:

If you have the dream, but no experience, then The IndyCar Academy may be the best pathway to a career in motorsports. This is where professional racing dreams can be realized.

Designed for the person with the desire, but no racing experience. This elite academy provides access to the same training, coaching and track time that the pros have had. It is a process that can’t be duplicated by any other racing school.

Apply now and take the first step towards realizing your racing potential.

The ‘Indycar’ part of the Academy is what comes next. The top five finishers in the SBRS Winter and Summer Series receive invitations to the Championship Shootout at the end of the year where the winner receives a scholarship of $200,000.00 to compete in the USF2000 series. In turn, The USF2000 champion wins a Pro Mazda ride the next year, and the Pro Mazda champion receives an Indy Lights ride.

You can probably see where this is going.....This ladder system is known as the Mazda Road to Indy, and it’s unique in the entire world of racing. It’s possible for anyone, with very little money, to make it to Indycar on talent alone. You just have to win everything in sight for four years. In a row.

So if you've always thought "man, if i only had an opportunity, i could be the next (insert your automotive hero here)"...here is that opportunity.
Old 10-14-13, 02:36 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

fixes all issues except the no money issue. They are pricey. For most they will still need to save their lunch money