Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

7 Bikers arrested for reckless driving in Long Island

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-13, 02:05 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default 7 Bikers arrested for reckless driving in Long Island

Seems the recent biker incident will have police on the look out for bikers breaking driving laws.

7 bikers charged with reckless driving on Long Island Expressway: report

Seven motorcyclists were arrested Monday for reckless driving on the Long Island Expressway, Suffolk County cops said.
A spokeswoman said 911 received calls around noon complaining that the bikers were weaving in and out of traffic and speeding near exit 49.
Officers followed the crew for about 10 exits heading east and were able “to box them in” and pull them all over in Patchogue, police said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...#ixzz2hjTdSk17
Old 10-14-13, 02:29 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

After the NY biker fiasco I am sure the cops and residents will be watching for bikers. Just shows that they think they can do whatever they want because they think they are faster than anything on the road. I will never forget a few years back I rented a van to take the entire family to Sedona. On the way up there I was cruising at about 85 mph and low and behold a dude on a street bike got right next to us and popped a wheelie. He nearly gave my mom a heart attack . She started screaming to watch out and that the rider was going to fall. Just another example of street bike riders trying to make the highway their stunt playground.
Old 10-14-13, 02:46 PM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They may go faster. But when they F up, you saw how easily that Range Rover took care of it.

On Route 50 just on the other side of the sound barrier wall in my town, some bikers were racing at night like they usually do almost every night. A few months ago one biker ran into the back of a Benz. Rider slid for several hundred feet, came to a stop along side the center wall divider but his bike also slid and halted on top of him, catching fire and killing him. I had gotten pictures of both the bike and the Benz at a yard... that bike was nothing more than the frame with a busted motor on it all charred. Witnesses said they were going more than 100mph, 120mph. In a car, that's fast as heck when you're passing traffic.
Old 10-14-13, 04:49 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Cant feel too sorry for a dude who kills himself on a street bike. Its not like they thought they were safe. LOL. They just ride despite safety issues. I know this sounds like a stereotype but it seems like its the street bike guys who are the craziest and the most likely to break the law. I dont see too many Harley riders doing crazy crap on those huge bikes