Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2015 Genesis Sedan Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-13, 09:37 AM
hlee12
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yowps3
I don't know. But every Hyundai I've driven has flimsy material. Everything Korean is flimsy in general. For example the doors used in all Hyundai's is extremly light and unsubstantial. And their plastic wears out very quickly.

If you want ultimate quality look no further than 80's Toyota's. Thickly molded plastics, dampened interior controls, many electric features such as heated wing mirrors and most importantly velour interior upholstry. Top notch quality there.

most hyundais are pretty much average in terms of overall execution and build quality. some above average. some probably below average. but saying everything is flimsy is just flat out wrong. and plastic wears out very quickly? my friend drives boring 07 elantra and it still looks exactly the same when he bought it. it's ugly as hell, but plastic inside is remains intact. i don't see much wear and tear.

attack on Hyundai in this board is ridiculous. It's so blatant.

what are you thoughts on nissan's quality? how about mazda? Mini? and tell me about domestics. i want to hear it.
Old 12-07-13, 10:35 AM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hlee12
here are some chinese knockoff for ya.

let's go. man up and prove it.
Looks like someone is getting antsy.

2015 Genesis Sedan Thread-zbxa4uv.jpg
2015 Genesis Sedan Thread-4pu7xra.jpg

You'll notice in the second image how even the wheels are knockoff BMW wheels as is the general headlight shape and how it incorporates into the bumper and hood. And this my good sir, is a BMW body copy pasted. Plain and simple:

2015 Genesis Sedan Thread-zc9joxx.jpg

So it's very easy to see the design process for this car. Hyundai designers very very likely had a BMW or too in their studio, and their boss was like "I want this car, but I want it to be a Hyundai". So the designers essentially designed a BMW, then added their own Hyundai bits too it, like that Audi copy grill and that A7 roofline. Oh wait...
Old 12-07-13, 11:31 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

I don't know. But every Hyundai I've driven has flimsy material. Everything Korean is flimsy in general. For example the doors used in all Hyundai's is extremly light and unsubstantial. And their plastic wears out very quickly.
You somewhat overstate Hyundai's slight decline in quality since their peak around 2005-2006, but I agree that the latest versions are not as materially-solid as those of 8-10 years ago.

If you want ultimate quality look no further than 80's Toyota's. Thickly molded plastics, dampened interior controls, many electric features such as heated wing mirrors and most importantly velour interior upholstry. Top notch quality there.
True, but even more so with older Hondas. And I agree with you.....I liked velour interiors (more so than leather), and miss them, too.

Last edited by mmarshall; 12-07-13 at 12:26 PM.
Old 12-07-13, 11:42 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

ok, enough of this copying thing. There's only so many ways you can reinvent the wheel, and a sedan, CUV etc.. will all share similar profiles and design elements. But unless it's a blatant Chinese copy, these are all just styling trends automakers use when they know society is "hot" for it. Recycled designs, new trends sell. The fact that the Genesis exists is reason to applaud. It's very robust with it's powertrains, drive configurations and upscale-ness. Do I believe in Hyundai fluff? No, but compelling vehicles like this drive the competiton to strive harder and produce better products for the consumer.
Old 12-07-13, 11:46 AM
hlee12
Lead Lap

Moderator edit- hlee12 please exit this thread
Old 12-07-13, 08:48 PM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
does this include samsung telesivions, tablets, computers, and phones?
while you might not like one, do you think the hyundai equus is 'flimsy'?

not sure what 30 years ago has to do with today... what about toyotas today?
ive only sat inside the equus. And from my observation it just wasn't top tier. It's not a matter of 'hyundai isn't there yet, or is almost there' but it's just the way they produce their products.

Like their HP & MPG numbers, they've scaled back the false MPG numbers. I mean if they falsify MPG numbers than obviously other numbers are also fudged LOL

And regarding Samsung their only advantage is TV. I bought a Samsung TV last year only because that was the best one at the time. (Better than Japanese) but if I was in the market today for a TV I would probably most likely choose the Sony 4k TV, it has incredible picture quality at a very good price.

And Samsung phones are the worst. The galaxy phones are incredibly flimsy and cheap, not only that but they also have a heavy lag and stutter problem.

Which is why I got the Sony Xperia Z1. It is superior to every single Galaxy phone which are all OVERRRATED

Guess which one is Korean

Last edited by yowps3; 12-08-13 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-08-13, 12:27 AM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Do you guys know what car is it?

I know it's not a Lexus but would like to know what car is it. My guess is accord but the auto rain sensor never been on accord before
Old 12-08-13, 12:54 AM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanna say some type of Mercedes but it really does look like an Accord...
Old 12-08-13, 04:21 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

i wanna say Mercedes also or maybe even a Hyundai
Old 12-08-13, 04:23 AM
3sm1l
Rookie

It is the 2014 Hyundai Genesis.

Old 12-08-13, 04:59 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There seems to be a misunderstanding of what a "knockoff" is. Many cars have "similar" attributes. Some can say that part of the car looks similar to a BMW or Audi, or whatever. A knockoff is not similar, it is an exact copy. A 5 series knockoff cannot be distinguished from the original when the badges are removed, unless you look very closely. It's like a fake Rolex, an exact copy. I have never seen a car manufacturer knockoff another model in this country.
Old 12-08-13, 05:42 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

very well put. all cars share some sort of resemblance.
Old 12-08-13, 05:43 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 3sm1l
It is the 2014 Hyundai Genesis.

i told y'all....hyundai not playing no games anymore....
Old 12-08-13, 08:13 AM
stlgrym3
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

that might be the new Hyundai Genesis
Old 12-08-13, 04:44 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,483 Likes on 1,631 Posts

And Samsung phones are the worst. The galaxy phones are incredibly flimsy and cheap, not only that but they also have a heavy lag and stutter problem.
must be why samsung is struggling so much in the phone biz. i have a samsung note 2 and one of those really thing cases on it, and it's been completely sturdy and reliable. your sony is certainly a nice phone though.

Quick Reply: 2015 Genesis Sedan Thread