Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2015 Genesis Sedan Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-14, 08:01 AM
Lexuslvr91
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Lol give them credit? For taking a half assed RWD platform (which is itself probably a reverse engineered god-knows-what) and placing a knock off BMW body and cliche details on it?

There is a reason Acura or Lincoln don't have a contender in this segment, because it's very difficult to do it properly and even they would never stoop to this level of theft.

Or maybe their designers are looking at this Genesis going "we could have gotten away with something like that? Damn that would make this so much easier..."

Same **** in electronics form:

Maybe this Genesis will force BMW to come up with a new body design, they've been rehashing the same basic look since 2006 anyway.
Half assed platform yet your rear end hasn't even set foot in the new Genesis which has received an extensive redesign with much better driving dynamics as well as an advanced AWD System.

Probably reversed-engineered? desperate much? Lincolnn and Acura are not in the financial position to introduce a RWD architecture so drill that into your biased head.

The theft is all in your head and you can gripe and complain all you want.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 01-01-14 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-01-14, 09:09 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by hlee12
why are you keep bringing up samsung in car discussion?

you do know samsung is basically a giant global company, right? these giant companies are no longer operate like in the past. they get the best talents from all over the world.

regardless of what samsung has done in the past, their latest lineups look nothing like apple. they are dominating apple products in specs and there is nothing apple can do about it. apple has the design edge, but sales number prove consumers don't care. if the design was that important than HTC should dominate android market.

anyway my galaxy note 3 destroys my wife's iphone 5. i mean it's not even comparable. iphone is just a thing of a past. and they would have to follow Samsung from now on with bigger screen and better spec. if they don't, they will be in trouble.

IMO apple's luster has died since Job passed away. samsung train will not stop. too much money, and too much tech.

no comparison IMO.

Without getting into the Samsung v. Apple thing. (Personally I'm surrounded by apple products and like it that way). I kind of chuckle when I see folks toting around those huge mini-tablets, or humungophones around. It sort of defeats the purpose of having a compact devise doesn't it? There's something just ergonomically right about the iPhone, the weight and feel of it in the hand. If I wanted a tablet I'd buy a tablet.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 01-01-14 at 02:25 PM.
Old 01-01-14, 11:03 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Lexuslvr91
Half assed platform yet your rear end hasn't even set foot in the new Genesis which has received an extensive redesign with much better driving dynamics as well as an advanced AWD System.

Probably reversed-engineered? desperate much? Lincolnn and Acura are not in the financial position to introduce a RWD architecture so drill that into your biased head.

You can't get mad and tell someone they haven't driven the car and you have not either.

You can't tell people they are biased when you are biased Mr. Hyundai/Kia

So you can gripe and complain about Hyundai on a Lexus forum all you want.

No New Year's resolutions?

Old 01-01-14, 11:06 AM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, not only was the bump super random, the Hyundai defense force has come out in conjunction. I'd say ClubLexus is a big target for these astroturfers.
Old 01-01-14, 11:33 AM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not only does South Korea have a copy culture, they also have guerrilla brainwash culture:

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/51714...g-students.htm

http://www.accentu8ed.com/2012/01/co...hill_1484.html

Who can't forget the best example of Hyundai/Kia shilling in YEH/CP1 of TCL/AcuraZine.

And of course it's a state sponsored practice: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VANK
Check out this side of Korea in this video:
Old 01-01-14, 12:06 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Spyshots: BMW's next grand coupe leaked?

2015 Genesis Sedan Thread-gv2vscb.png

Almost everyone who saw that wouldn't question it wasn't a BMW before the Genesis.

This is really really REALLY bad.
Old 01-01-14, 01:28 PM
Lexuslvr91
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Spyshots: BMW's next grand coupe leaked?

Almost everyone who saw that wouldn't question it wasn't a BMW before the Genesis.

This is really really REALLY bad.
Funny you say BMWs NEXT grand coupe as in it looks like a newer generation BMW. Honestly I couldn't even complain about such a thing to be honest. However It was the MB CLS that the A7 copied and one could argue the rear quarters you posted have better cues of an A7 than any 6GC which still copied the CLS so the only thing you have proven so far is that everyone copies everyone else. Also may I say that the Genesis has successfully pulled off the German look. It's interesting because the German look weather blaand nor gorgous looks more expensive than not. I understand your hate but come on all you do is complain about Hyundai. Give it some sort of rest.
Old 01-01-14, 01:43 PM
LexFather

Funny you say BMWs NEXT grand coupe as in it looks like a newer generation BMW. Honestly I couldn't even complain about such a thing to be honest. However It was the MB CLS that the A7 copied s:
The A7 only copied the CLS in it joining the "4 door coupe" ranks. The two vehicles share nothing visually, the A7 is an enlarged A5 Sportback we do not get here and both cars clearly use Audi's clear and coherent design language, the main difference that the C-pillar is curved compared to other Audi's.

Old 01-01-14, 02:02 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Funny you say BMWs NEXT grand coupe as in it looks like a newer generation BMW. Honestly I couldn't even complain about such a thing to be honest. However It was the MB CLS that the A7 copied and one could argue the rear quarters you posted have better cues of an A7 than any 6GC which still copied the CLS so the only thing you have proven so far is that everyone copies everyone else. Also may I say that the Genesis has successfully pulled off the German look. It's interesting because the German look weather blaand nor gorgous looks more expensive than not. I understand your hate but come on all you do is complain about Hyundai. Give it some sort of rest.
I said "next" because they already have a 5 grand coupe (6 series) and a 4 grand coupe. If they didn't have either of those yet (especially the 5 grand coupe), the above pic could convincingly pass for a spyshot of one.

Now a Genesis has to be seen in person to determine how well they've copied the BMW bodywork (some of that surfacing isn't easy to pull off in manufacturing and corners may have been cut by Hyundai, we see this a lot in lower end cars that try to crib premium cars such as Mazdas and Lexuses). From these photos it looks like they're 95% there, then they would have successfully "pulled off the German look", though that isn't praise or surprising considering it's a copy.

The 6GC, A7, and CLS all share the same concept (4 door coupe), but each for the most part have their own unique design and body language. The same is absolutely untrue with the Genesis. Copying a concept such as "4 door coupe" or "LED headlights" or "big grill" is not the same as simply lifting the body language of another brand and shamelessly applying it to your own product. It's the same thing with earlier Samsung smart phones vs. the iPhone, and it's the same thing with the Genesis and BMWs.
Old 01-01-14, 03:22 PM
hlee12
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by yowps3
The Korean way LOL

When I was phone shopping initially I was set on getting the Samsung S4. But the phone was too flawed. Its main issues were stutter and lag, which was quite severe with the Galaxy S4. I didn't like the diaplay either as it had a poor colour palette and finally cheap plastic chassis is something that has never been pleasant.

Which is why I got the Sony Xperia Z1. Amazing performance, no stutter, no lag. 20.7 fully integrated MP camera and a extremly stylish and high quality chassis.

I'll be using this phone until the screen falls off LOL

people still buy sony phones?
Old 01-01-14, 03:28 PM
hlee12
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by yowps3
The Korean way LOL

When I was phone shopping initially I was set on getting the Samsung S4. But the phone was too flawed. Its main issues were stutter and lag, which was quite severe with the Galaxy S4. I didn't like the diaplay either as it had a poor colour palette and finally cheap plastic chassis is something that has never been pleasant.

Which is why I got the Sony Xperia Z1. Amazing performance, no stutter, no lag. 20.7 fully integrated MP camera and a extremly stylish and high quality chassis.

I'll be using this phone until the screen falls off LOL
Originally Posted by mordecai
Not only does South Korea have a copy culture, they also have guerrilla brainwash culture:

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/51714...g-students.htm

http://www.accentu8ed.com/2012/01/co...hill_1484.html

Who can't forget the best example of Hyundai/Kia shilling in YEH/CP1 of TCL/AcuraZine.

And of course it's a state sponsored practice: VANK - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Check out this side of Korea in this video: http://youtu.be/5zPhBFEizzA

i'm pretty much sure the brainwash culture is rampant in japan especially when it comes to their history education. they justify raping women, doing weirdo experiments. this was pretty big deal in china, taiwan and korea.

i think copying culture happens to most car companies. for hyundai copying culture happened from their existence to up until 5-6 years ago. because they are just an infant when it comes to car design. you can see hyundai and kia trying to search for the design identity. i think elantra was pretty successful case(even though I find it godawful). kia soul too. so they have mixture of good and bad case. i think veloster is somewhat original, but again it's ugly as a sin(eh, but i find many people liking them).

japanese car companies had a long history of copy culture IMO.

celica - wanted to be a stang

2000 GT - IMO 2000 GT is still the greatest japanese car design of all time. but still it was inspired by miura, opel GT, and many other cars. it was not the most original car design. but i still love it more than any other japanese car ever made.

can't really blame mazda for doing this. it helped mazda tremendously.

IMO miata is my 2nd favorite japanese car of all time. it was inspired by elan.

but companies grow out of it. whenever they get attacked being a 'copycat' they get sick of it. Lexus was once accused of copying MBs, but just look at where they are at right now. I command them to be bold and keep looking to make a design statement. bravo.

Last edited by hlee12; 01-01-14 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-01-14, 03:32 PM
hlee12
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gymratter
^if the Genesis sedan is that great than why aren't they selling? it has a better warrant and a much lower MSRP.

I owned a E60 and had a F10 and to me the current Genesis does not ride as good as them. but that's just me.

hm. i think genesis sold relatively well. market is very small when it comes to buying a $40k+ car that doesn't have a luxury badge. it's a tough sell. i wouldn't buy genesis. not my cup of tea, and it doesn't have german badge.
Old 01-01-14, 03:34 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Nice to know that no single country has a lock on weird/bad behavior. Not sure what all this has to do with the Genesis.
Old 01-01-14, 03:38 PM
hlee12
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gymratter
looks like they also copied the elantra rear (more so the taillights).

you mean they have a family look? then yeah, that was the first thing i thought of.

tail light shape is very siimilar. it's definitely from elantra
Old 01-01-14, 03:46 PM
hlee12
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Now we've stooped so low to the point we're saying a Hyundai copied a Hyundai?? Com'on folks, give it a rest. There's only so many ways you can design a sedan, a truck, a crossover etc.. there's no copying anymore, just recylced design cues. Every car resembles another car from the same decade. Copying would be a blantent copy like the Chinese BYD S6 aka Lexus RX.

i've talked to chinese guys who are into car design. chinese copy to save money and to sell. in no way shape or form, they accept these blatant chinese copy, but the reality is that if it doesn't resemble lexus or whatever then people won't buy it. so basically they are selling knock off louis vuitton $50. it's the same mentality. 'hey guys! our Dong Feng is just like Lexus but 10 times cheaper!' that mentality. these car companies are in a business of making money and selling cars. they are desperate enough to just copy and keep it hush hush in house. they all dream to hire legit designers, open up legit design studios, and etc, but everything costs money. and even if they make something nice, chinese consumers won't buy it over nicer imports.

so they just kinda justify where they are at as a growing country. they know the better design culture will come down the road. they know they are unorganized with too many people, and still finding their own identity.

i would say it will take another 20 years or so for them to grow out of copying culture.

Quick Reply: 2015 Genesis Sedan Thread