Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2015 Genesis Sedan Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-14 | 10:08 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

those pics show we're truly in the era of the battle of the ugly big grills.

the cts looks particularly ugly there in white with giant cutouts in the corners.

Old 05-30-14 | 10:11 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

from that comparo though, this line about the genesis is provocative

It has all the comfort of the limo-like Lincoln blended with the sophistication of a Lexus LS.
also in the review vs cts... it's 600lbs heavier, but with a lot bigger trunk, but seventeen thousand less as tested
Old 05-30-14 | 10:12 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

I love the front of both of these sedans, but only the rear of the Genesis.
Old 05-30-14 | 11:18 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by TangoRed
I love the front of both of these sedans, but only the rear of the Genesis.
The CTS looks amazing in person from the front, truly dynamic and identifiable. The Genesis to me looks like they added a big random shaped grill sine everyone else is doing big grills. The CTS flows well, the Genesis kind of sticks out to me and just doesn't flow well. And they continue to omit the Hyundai badge on the front.
Old 05-30-14 | 11:33 AM
DaneAustin
Driver School Candidate

I work for Hyundai, we have just recived two 2015 genesis, I have drove the the 6cyl, have not got a chance to drive a 8cyl or the AWD, I really enjoyed the ride of the car, it handled very well, there was very little road noise.. You really get a lot when it comes to your bang for your buck$..
Old 05-30-14 | 11:49 AM
DaneAustin
Driver School Candidate

Most people that spend that kind of money on a car do not keep them longer then 4 years, remember I said MOST people, but the car has a warranty that is hard to beat, 5year 60,000 miles bumper to bumper warrenty and 10year 100,000 miles powertrain warranty, they must have some confidence in them to stand behind there product for 10 years, or 100,000 miles.. I dont plan on getting one, well i cant afford one, but i have drove one and i was impressed!!
Old 05-30-14 | 11:56 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexFather
The CTS looks amazing in person from the front, truly dynamic and identifiable. The Genesis to me looks like they added a big random shaped grill sine everyone else is doing big grills. The CTS flows well, the Genesis kind of sticks out to me and just doesn't flow well. And they continue to omit the Hyundai badge on the front.
I know what you mean. I think the Genesis' more prominent, less-integrated look makes it look more imposing though.
Old 05-30-14 | 12:07 PM
eoph
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by DaneAustin
Most people that spend that kind of money on a car do not keep them longer then 4 years, remember I said MOST people, but the car has a warranty that is hard to beat, 5year 60,000 miles bumper to bumper warrenty and 10year 100,000 miles powertrain warranty, they must have some confidence in them to stand behind there product for 10 years, or 100,000 miles.. I dont plan on getting one, well i cant afford one, but i have drove one and i was impressed!!
Actual reliability studies tell us otherwise. For a luxury car, it's sometimes not whether the repair is free or not. I prefer not having to deal with it. Since you can't afford one, it doesn't really tell us much about people that can afford a 5 series/a6/etc moving down......
Old 05-30-14 | 12:10 PM
LexFather

Welcome DaneAustin
Old 05-30-14 | 12:15 PM
doge
Formerly Bad Co

+1

The CTS front is fantastic!! The way the led's flow from the headlight to the bumper make me smile!
Old 05-30-14 | 01:11 PM
Allen K
-0----0-
CL Folding 25,000

I agree about the CTS it has a presence in person that pictures just don't do justice to
Old 05-30-14 | 01:37 PM
hlee12
Lead Lap

exterior design - genesis is a clear winner against cts in my book. cts front looks tacky to me. genesis has more presence. i'm not a fan of cts busy front. i hate the headlight treatment. looks kinda tacky to me.

interior design - cts by far. genesis looks too 'old' to me. it's definitely not for the sports sedan crowd.
Old 05-30-14 | 01:40 PM
hlee12
Lead Lap

it seems like hyundai is treating genesis & equus as their 'halo' car. it's better to put a different badge to improve the product perception and separate these 2 vehicles from the non premium offering.

and hyundai isn't alone on this

i bet the new genesis coupe will lose the H badge too.
Old 05-30-14 | 01:44 PM
hlee12
Lead Lap

anyway reviewer says CTS would embarrass 5 series. 5 series has been the automotive pinata lately. lol

caddy just can't figure out the rear. it is so bland and ugly to me
Old 05-30-14 | 02:34 PM
LexFather

Did you really compare the iconic corvette and mustang to the genesis and Equus?!?

Quick Reply: 2015 Genesis Sedan Thread