Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Future of Lexus discussion 2013-2015

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-14, 05:44 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
None of what you just said is why I don't like BMW.
OK...if you don't want to share, fine. I won't ask any further. Although they are somewhat better, overall, today, than they were years ago, I didn't care for some of the snooty BMW dealerships I was in, either reviewing a BMW myself or helping someone else shop for one. One of the dealerships had a big snarling German Shehard that scared the s***out of us as I walked past a locked fence, and the BMW guy with us just looked on with complete indifference, like "So what?"
Old 06-23-14, 07:11 PM
LexFather

BMW is also changing a lot, hiring more product tech people and offering more touch screens and an open environment.

Audi dealers to me don't stand out at all, they are clean but rather small. I assume this is b/c until recently they sold poorly here. I live near the highest volume Audi dealership in the states, the owners are great people but it is so small you would never figure they pump out the volume they do. It can barely fit 3 cars inside and there are maybe 8 desks?

We have to remember Lexus completely changed the ownership experience with their dealerships. If some of you remember a few years ago a couple of threads were started asking for opinions on what is the next level. Clearly coffee and a loaner no longer can separate you.

Old 06-23-14, 07:12 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,465 Likes on 1,617 Posts

hopefully 'dealers' will be a thing of the past in the future if we can get car makers to be able to sell direct to consumers.

and then maybe toyota will stop selling through yet ANOTHER layer in the SE here (SET) with their added fees, crippling limited inventory, etc.

as to the future lexus... it is indeed bright, globally.
Old 06-23-14, 07:51 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
The "newest" one looks a bit cold to me..like a generic building in a business park.
Had the same thought and personally, I like the gold signage and dealer emblem as it has a warmer and richer look and feel. It adds much needed contrast to the otherwise all-gray-generic building look.

Old 06-23-14, 08:38 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,962 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
OK...if you don't want to share, fine. I won't ask any further.
Jill is talking about the dealers themselves, marshall LOL

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
hopefully 'dealers' will be a thing of the past in the future if we can get car makers to be able to sell direct to consumers.
While I agree that dealers are a pain, and their usefulness in the purchase process has reached its end...I don't think doing away with them is good for us as consumers. The reason we're able to negotiate the prices we can for these cars is because you have so many layers of competition. The manufacturers compete, then the dealers compete. If you create a situation where theres only one place to get the car...we'll all be paying MSRP.
Old 06-23-14, 08:58 PM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Oh, I agree....you don't necessarily want a premium-car dealership to look like a warehouse. Big-money vehicles, like airplanes, should have reasonably big-money hangars. But, I just felt that, based on some of the earlier posts in this thread debating whether the Mercedes, Audi, or Lexus dealerships looked the best, in my view, they were ALL nice, and what actually comes OUT of the showroom (the new car) is just as, or more important, than what goes INTO the showroom..
Ironically before I got to this post of yours, immediately these renderings/completed renovations reminded of our visit to Boeing, where my father-in-law works. An amazing facility. Panoramic views, after all it is about the visuals.
Attached Thumbnails Future of Lexus discussion 2013-2015-everett_delivery_center_widescreen_1920x1200.jpg  

Last edited by GSthe4th; 06-23-14 at 09:09 PM.
Old 06-23-14, 10:03 PM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Warm lighting is nice. ^^
This is why I like the older Lexus dealership. Gold and warm

I'm getting tired of all these Apple inspired themes. Gloomy & depressing
Old 06-24-14, 01:45 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From an Aussie site, http://motoring.com.au/news/2014/car...nce-cars-44241
One project Leupen revealed was the development of what he called a manual-shift gearbox (presumably a dual clutch) for the new generation RC F/IS F drivetrain. He also mentioned development of hybrid technology for the next generation IS F using a manual-shift gearbox.

"That car might be two or three years away but when it does come you will find it has been developed by TMG."
Performance hybrids are on their way. Remember tmg is the ones who run the TS040 in the wec.
Old 06-24-14, 06:30 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexFather
BMW is also changing a lot, hiring more product tech people and offering more touch screens and an open environment.

Audi dealers to me don't stand out at all, they are clean but rather small. I assume this is b/c until recently they sold poorly here. I live near the highest volume Audi dealership in the states, the owners are great people but it is so small you would never figure they pump out the volume they do. It can barely fit 3 cars inside and there are maybe 8 desks?

We have to remember Lexus completely changed the ownership experience with their dealerships. If some of you remember a few years ago a couple of threads were started asking for opinions on what is the next level. Clearly coffee and a loaner no longer can separate you.
Also, Mike, consider that the size difference can sometimes be traced to the fact that BMW and Lexus dealerships usually sell only that one brand, with no sharing. I don't know about the Atlanta region where you are, but here in the D.C. region, Audi dealerships are sometimes combined with Porsche, which cuts down the amount of space and facilities that the dealership can devote to each. One of those dealerships near my home has not only separate Audi/Porsche brands, but two small separate showrooms and service facilities in the same large building.
Old 06-24-14, 06:33 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GSthe4th
Ironically before I got to this post of yours, immediately these renderings/completed renovations reminded of our visit to Boeing, where my father-in-law works. An amazing facility. Panoramic views, after all it is about the visuals.
Thanks. I'm an licensed ex-pilot and Instructor myself, though I don't actively fly anymore. Boeing is a great company, and shares most of the world's large civil-jet-airliner market with Airbus.

Per thread-topic, that airport terminal building also reminds me of some high-dollar car dealerships I've seen here in the D.C. area.
Old 06-24-14, 07:05 AM
GSthe4th
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks. I'm an licensed ex-pilot and Instructor myself, though I don't actively fly anymore. Boeing is a great company, and shares most of the world's large civil-jet-airliner market with Airbus.

Per thread-topic, that airport terminal building also reminds me of some high-dollar car dealerships I've seen here in the D.C. area.
Awesome! I kind of know what that is like as my uncle in an ATC, owns his own planes and lives on an airstrip.

And your reference to the Audi/Porsche combo dealership is present here in Fresno. It's is a beautiful newly remodeled and combined dealership, sitting right in next to BMW and MB. I wish I had a picture to share.
Old 06-24-14, 07:31 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,617 Likes on 1,031 Posts

Originally Posted by GSthe4th
Hey, that's where I work!

So far, from what I am seeing, I like the new Lexus dealership theme/design, but will reserve final judgement until I see one in person.
Old 06-24-14, 07:53 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
Hey, that's where I work!

So far, from what I am seeing, I like the new Lexus dealership theme/design, but will reserve final judgement until I see one in person.
I have seen a new design, it is nice with a lot glass everywhere. The showroom is pretty impressive and it can house every model available. The service area is much larger as well. Cars are no longer kept out front. All new vehicles are in the showroom or locked up in the rear. Only pre-owed are in the front lot.

Overall, its a nice design that will appeal to new owners who are from a younger generation. There is definitely an absence of dark, gold type hues.
Old 06-24-14, 08:14 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,465 Likes on 1,617 Posts

with malls dying in america car dealers can eventually just buy a whole mall and have plenty of 'showroom' space.
Old 06-24-14, 08:43 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Had the same thought and personally, I like the gold signage and dealer emblem as it has a warmer and richer look and feel. It adds much needed contrast to the otherwise all-gray-generic building look.
They're removing the gold signage from all Lexus buildings. Kinda like how Gold Badging went out with the 90's.

Quick Reply: Future of Lexus discussion 2013-2015