Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2015 Lincoln MKC

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-14, 03:39 PM
LexFather

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I put my deposit on the NX.

I still can't get past the Lincoln badge, and VW Tiguan-like grill and headlights and overall rounded and totally flush front-end styling. Same goes with the MKZ, MKX, and MKS.
Nice congrats!!!

Last edited by bitkahuna; 06-04-14 at 07:07 PM.

Old 06-04-14, 04:02 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
really? i love how there's no shifter to make the center console area clean and uncluttered. there's also nice wood.

i know the rx is due for replacement, but this mkc interior is hands down better imo.
Agreed. This is arguably the best Lincoln interior in years.....though I thought the modern retro-60s Navigator/Aviator interiors were also quite nice.

And, BTW, push-button shifters are nothing new. American-designed Chrysler products used them from the late 1950s until 1966. The new ones, though, of course, are generally electronic, where the old Chrysler buttons were electro-mechanical and worked off of rods..
Old 06-04-14, 04:05 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Agreed. This is arguably the best Lincoln interior in years.....though I thought the modern retro-60s Navigator/Aviator interiors were also quite nice.

And, BTW, push-button shifters are nothing new. American-designed Chrysler products used them from the late 1950s until 1966. The new ones, though, of course, are generally electronic, where the old Chrysler buttons were electro-mechanical and worked off of rods..
As did Rambler.
Old 06-04-14, 04:18 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

I do miss the Aviator
Old 06-04-14, 06:00 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joeb427
As did Rambler.
I don't remember any AMC (American Motors) products, including Ramblers, using dash-mounted transmission push-buttios....but I'll take your word for it if you do. Your posts are usually pretty credible.

Come to think of it, the 1958 Edsel Citation had push-buttons for its automatic in the middle of the steering wheel. They were unreliable, prone to malfunction, and were among several reasons for that car's classic failure.

Old 06-04-14, 06:02 PM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 103 Likes on 73 Posts

I'd drive it. I don't care though for the bottom of the center stack. The way it sticks out like that makes it look like a tacky 90's minivan or something.

But other than that, well done Lincoln. I still root for this brand ever since I first rode in my uncle's 86 Town Car.
Old 06-04-14, 06:23 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BrettJacks
I'd drive it. I don't care though for the bottom of the center stack. The way it sticks out like that makes it look like a tacky 90's minivan or something.

But other than that, well done Lincoln. I still root for this brand ever since I first rode in my uncle's 86 Town Car.
I was so impressed with the one I saw at the end of January in the D.C. Auto Show, and with its gorgeous purple Tahitian Pearl paint, up on a turntable, that I immediately put it at the top of my review list. The Lincoln reps said they would go on sale April 30, but that obviously turned out to be off.
Old 06-04-14, 06:30 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't remember any AMC (American Motors) products, including Ramblers, using dash-mounted transmission push-buttios....but I'll take your word for it if you do. Your posts are usually pretty credible.

]
Mike, late 50's to I believe '64 or so.
I had a beat up old '60 Rambler when I was 17.

Last edited by Joeb427; 06-04-14 at 06:34 PM.
Old 06-04-14, 06:43 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Mike, late 50's to I believe '64 or so.
That would be right around the time that Chrysler products were also using them.

I had a beat up old '60 Rambler when I was 17.
A decent American compact for the period, but the drivetrain lacked the durability of the Plymouth/Dodge Slant Six engine and TorqueFlite automatic, which was bulletproof. The Rambler, though, had a better manual transmission than the Plymouth Valiant/Dodge Dart, whose Three-on-the-Tree column-shift was a sloppy POS with an unsynchro first gear. The Rambler also had non-power drum brakes that didn't fade as badly under use as the ones on Chrysler-products.
Old 06-04-14, 07:06 PM
hlee12
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

only lincoln i've ever liked was classic 90's town car. my aunt had a brand new red on red, and i thought it was a car from the heaven. that thing was so silky smooth and i just thought it was the greatest car in the world. and it was so huge. i was what 12? that thing was ginormous. my pop was driving a small 4banger at that time, so the difference was a light and day.

Old 06-04-14, 07:15 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by hlee12
only lincoln i've ever liked was classic 90's town car. my aunt had a brand new red on red, and i thought it was a car from the heaven. that thing was so silky smooth and i just thought it was the greatest car in the world. and it was so huge. i was what 12? that thing was ginormous. my pop was driving a small 4banger at that time, so the difference was a light and day.

It's why it was hands down the most popular limo across N.A. from the nineties until recently, but if I'm not mistaken, Ford is still quietly making and selling this car outside the mass market (liveries).
Old 06-04-14, 07:17 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

I was so impressed with the one I saw at the end of January in the D.C. Auto Show, and with its gorgeous purple Tahitian Pearl paint, up on a turntable, that I immediately put it at the top of my review list. The Lincoln reps said they would go on sale April 30, but that obviously turned out to be off.
I just read an article that said MKC's are starting to "trickle" into dealerships. Lincoln is forecasting sales of 26-28k annually.
Old 06-04-14, 07:18 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I do miss the Aviator
Explorer badge engineering, but i'll give it to Ford for creating a nicer interior and a decent looking exterior for the Aviator. Oh, and let's not forget, the Mercury Mountaineer!
Old 06-04-14, 07:21 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I just read an article that said MKC's are starting to "trickle" into dealerships. Lincoln is forecasting sales of 26-28k annually.
Interesting. That's exactly what Lexus is targeting for the NX (~2200 per month). I bet the MKC will hit its target while the NX will surpass it.
Old 06-04-14, 07:41 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Interesting. That's exactly what Lexus is targeting for the NX (~2200 per month). I bet the MKC will hit its target while the NX will surpass it.
I thought Lincoln's target seemed high - But what do I know. The X3, Q5 and GLK each sell around 30k annually here in the U.S. and the RDX +40k. I agree that the NX probably will exceed their target and hit close to the current leaders in the segment.

Last edited by LexBob2; 06-04-14 at 07:46 PM.

Quick Reply: 2015 Lincoln MKC