Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: What name should Toyota use for the production Toyota FT-1?
Supra gets my vote!
84.31%
I don't know, but its time for a new name.
15.69%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Toyota Supra / FT-1

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-14, 05:08 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
so they confirmed that they are considering?

in your head that means it is going to be $35k and fight off Z?

It will likely be optional faster version.

Now you are talking about OTD price... what does that have to do with anything? FRS is 25k vehicle.
Either way a more power version is the works.

Where did I ever say $35k? The new Z doesn't even start out at that price.

I know a few people that have both the FR-S and BRZ. There aren't many on the lot with the starting base price.

Even if it is an optional faster version the price still goes up.
Old 01-18-14, 05:09 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

I made a Photoshop of this because I wanted to see what a couple of different colors would look like.

Also added a front lip, sideskirt, FMIC, carbon fiber bumper vents, a hood and bumper line, put it on a race track, and of course matte black CCW Classics!

Old 01-18-14, 05:15 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Sure, anything could happen.

BMW could buy Toyota and build BMW Supra after FCV explodes and Toyota stock goes down to $5.

What I am saying is that you are trying to make these unsubstantiated rumors as something thats realistic, and you make conjunctures that are not realistic... leave that out of official TF-1 thread... open up a rumor thread.

Month ago you wrote 20 posts on Supra being based on BMW and you "proved" it with your "sources", no matter how unrealistic that was... and you continue to do exactly same thing with Supra and now with FRS.
You act like you know every damn thing Toyota has planned. Last time I checked Akio Toyoda was CEO, not you.

You also assume they will use a 2.0t and price it at $35k. You just made that up without any facts or sources. Can you also tell me next weeks lottery numbers?

I posted where two Toyota officials have said what to excepted when it comes to pricing on a new Supra. That comes from Toyota employees and I will take their word over yours any day.

We still have no official confirmation on what the Toyota and BMW sports car is.

Unlike you I don't act like I know everything. I post and go by what the news has at the time.

Also "rumors" were what started this thread. The GT6 car was rumored to be a preview of a new Supra. Oh guess what, the rumors were right.
Old 01-18-14, 05:19 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
I made a Photoshop of this because I wanted to see what a couple of different colors would look like.

Also added a front lip, sideskirt, FMIC, carbon fiber bumper vents, a hood and bumper line, put it on a race track, and of course matte black CCW Classics!
Wow that looks very nice. Good job
Old 01-18-14, 05:29 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300

How about one in satin black?
Old 01-18-14, 05:55 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

I think it will have at least 6 cylinder. From all the comments and post I have read, no one wants a 4 cylinder Supra.

Industry journal Automotive News reports Takeshi Uchiyamada, the man set to be announced as Toyota’s next chairman later this week at the company’s annual shareholders’ meeting, believes Toyota’s next sports car should be comparable to the larger six-cylinder Supra that ended production in 2002 so as to not overlap with the smaller four-cylinder Toyota 86.

“It’s futile if we make something similar [to the 86]”, he said.
http://www.caradvice.com.au/235392/t...ming-chairman/
Old 01-18-14, 06:57 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
I think it will have at least 6 cylinder. From all the comments and post I have read, no one wants a 4 cylinder Supra.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/235392/t...ming-chairman/
I'd rather have a full electric Supra than a 4 banger. What an insult for Supra to have a 4 banger?
7 speed would be awesome!
Old 01-18-14, 07:11 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by cino
I'd rather have a full electric Supra than a 4 banger. What an insult for Supra to have a 4 banger?
7 speed would be awesome!
I agreed with you 100%. No one wants an I4 Supra. Even Toyota's incoming chairman says it needs to have six cylinders.

7 speed would be nice
Old 01-18-14, 07:47 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

A 4 cylinder Supra just doesn't sounds right to me.

It's like if GM were to put a V6 in the Corvette just to make it more affordable. That is what the Camaro is for.
Old 01-18-14, 10:26 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 130 Likes on 108 Posts

A few more....

Bumper edit and over fenders...

Old 01-18-14, 11:09 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

thanks a lot for those pics, looks amazing
Old 01-19-14, 07:59 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by xioix
The IS and RC can be the cars at 35-50k while the "Supra" can be the 50-60k can and the RC-F be the 70k+ car.

Or the Toyota version of the BMW Z4 could be the car in the 30-45k range
Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
There were also rumors going around saying the BMW/Toyota coupe would be the next gen 86/FR-S.
I heard a rumor that they will build a spaceship to go to Mars together.

Will you ever stop with rumors that make no sense? You kept going on Supra being based on BMW for quite a while. It is getting annoying to get thread derailed on unsubstantiated rumors and personal wishes. Think about what makes sense and post that.
FYI, I didn't bring up the Toyota/BMW sports car. I was adding and following up to xioix's post
Old 01-19-14, 08:03 AM
Initial B
Lead Lap

Here is what I hope happens:

- FR-S thing - a power bump is obviously needed, but sticker needs to remain around/under $30k. Makes no sense for the car to morph into a Z fighter in only its 2nd gen. So with 2 choices for power output, they'll cover quite a bit of market for entry lever sports cars.

- I don't car what it is or what it's called, but they need a new sports car in the 300-400 HP range that will cost in the $30-45k range. Any more than that, and it will not sell in other markets as Spywolf has mentioned, and people will look to the RC product range at that point.

Toyota needs to stay under the price point of the RC with this next car....they have Lexus for the higher dollar market.
Old 01-19-14, 09:18 AM
gymratter
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Initial B
Here is what I hope happens:

- FR-S thing - a power bump is obviously needed, but sticker needs to remain around/under $30k. Makes no sense for the car to morph into a Z fighter in only its 2nd gen. So with 2 choices for power output, they'll cover quite a bit of market for entry lever sports cars.

- I don't car what it is or what it's called, but they need a new sports car in the 300-400 HP range that will cost in the $30-45k range. Any more than that, and it will not sell in other markets as Spywolf has mentioned, and people will look to the RC product range at that point.

Toyota needs to stay under the price point of the RC with this next car....they have Lexus for the higher dollar market.
yes the FRS does need to stay under $30k and it most likely will. even with the facelift i dont thinking the base price will go over $27k.

i know alot of you think the FRS is a $25k car. while the website does list it as such i can say from personally experience you wont find many of the lot with that price.

the RC and Supra are two different cars. thats like saying buyers of the SC300/400 are interested in the MK4 Supra. the Lexus was more of a luxury coupe while the Supra is sports car.

we can go back and back and forth on pricing all day but the president of Calty Design Research already told us what to expect.
Old 01-19-14, 09:38 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Initial B

I have to disagreed with you on that. The RC is marketed more towards the luxury crowd. For example the CTS coupe co-exist with the more expensive Corvette. I don't think buyers cross shop between the two.

Another good example is the SC VS Supra. There is hardly another one SupraForums with both cars. They are marketed towards two different crowds. The same can be said about a RC VS a new Supra.

Quick Reply: Toyota Supra / FT-1