Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Nissan Sport Sedan Concept

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-13, 02:25 PM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan Sport Sedan Concept

Nissan Sport Sedan Concept Set for World Debut at 2014 North American International Auto Show
http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...-2014-detroit/
- Nissan Sport Sedan Concept offers an advanced look at a future production sports sedan
- Embodies next-generation Nissan design signatures
- Nissan IDx Freeflow and IDx NISMO concepts make first North American appearances
- Press conference set for January 13, 2014 at 3:50 p.m. EST

Nissan continues its rollout of show-stopping advanced concept vehicles with the world debut of the stunning Sport Sedan Concept at the 2014 North American International Auto Show. The Sport Sedan Concept will be joined by the North America debuts of the Nissan IDx Freeflow and IDx NISMO concepts, which were among the most popular vehicles at the recent Tokyo Motor Show.

The Sport Sedan Concept previews a new energetic design direction that amplifies Nissan's legendary approach of applying sports car principles to a sedan. The IDx Freeflow and IDx NISMO's innovative, eye-catching designs offer two different approaches to a next-generation compact vehicle – one expressing a casual, lifestyle-focused vision and the other an ultra-sporty design that looks as if it came directly from a driving video game.

The trio of concepts will be revealed at a press conference on Monday, January 13, 2014 at 3:50 p.m. EST and displayed throughout the public days of the show, which runs at Detroit's Cobo Hall from January 18th through 26th.
Old 12-31-13, 03:24 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Essentially will be the next-gen Maxima.
Old 12-31-13, 03:46 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Good, Maxima is in need of an overhaul. The competiton is stiff and far more modern. Current Maxima is a competent but doesn't really excel at anything
Old 12-31-13, 04:39 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Good, Maxima is in need of an overhaul. The competiton is stiff and far more modern. Current Maxima is a competent but doesn't really excel at anything
I feel quite differently. The current Max still looks great inside and out after all these years. Plus, it still sells very well... even outselling the new Avalon for the last 2-3 months (albeit with some discounts).
Old 12-31-13, 06:04 PM
LexFather

Me too, I think the current Maxima has aged very well, is still highly competitive if not my favorite still in class. No its not a true 4DSC, the G37 is (not Q50) but it's well done inside and out.

I honestly really love the looks still so I hope the next one doesn't get ugly.

Old 01-01-14, 12:59 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

It's gonna be ugly and here's why. Nissan has just embarked on a bizarre new trend of putting compact car-sized grilles on all their vehicles. New Rogue just got it, the fullsize NV-whatever has it, and now the concept Maxima has it. This will bring down every new model, as making the front of a vehicle look smaller than it needs to lends an aire of cheapness and one class below.
Sadly, Nissan has struggled finding a pleasant corporate grille for decades, and this is not going to do the company any favors.
Old 01-01-14, 02:16 AM
gymratter
Lead Lap

anyone thinks it could be a GT-R sedan concept
Old 01-01-14, 09:03 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
It's gonna be ugly and here's why. Nissan has just embarked on a bizarre new trend of putting compact car-sized grilles on all their vehicles. New Rogue just got it, the fullsize NV-whatever has it, and now the concept Maxima has it. This will bring down every new model, as making the front of a vehicle look smaller than it needs to lends an aire of cheapness and one class below.
Sadly, Nissan has struggled finding a pleasant corporate grille for decades, and this is not going to do the company any favors.
Speak for yourself. I think the Rogue looks pretty damn good.
Old 01-01-14, 01:08 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by speedflex
Speak for yourself. I think the Rogue looks pretty damn good.
Agreed. Even more so when comparing it to the last gen!
Old 01-01-14, 01:38 PM
LexFather

Honestly knew little about the Rouge…to me it .has as much style as this slice of French Bread I'm looking at….

Old 01-01-14, 02:10 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,584 Posts

i love french bread.

Old 01-01-14, 03:51 PM
SteVTEC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexFather
Honestly knew little about the Rouge…to me it .has as much style as this slice of French Bread I'm looking at….

Wow that's the new Rogue design? Looks really nice, but haven't seen one on the road yet. Nissans have all looked terrible to me for the past few years, besides the Maxima which I've thought has looked pretty nice. I'd actually consider buying one of these based on looks. Yes please, more of this!
Old 01-01-14, 03:55 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 160 Likes on 118 Posts

Rogue looks very generic... but it is priced well so people buy them.
Old 01-01-14, 04:13 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by spwolf
Rogue looks very generic... but it is priced well so people buy them.
That was my take…if it was a Toyota people would go ape **** how its design is bland….I actually built one and I'm actually shocked at the features and tech…for 31k loaded..LED headlights, Panoramic room, Blind Spot Monitoring, and a bunch of other stuff…

Anywhoo…lets get back to this sport sedan coming….it will be hard to beat this..

Old 01-01-14, 04:23 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

The stance is nice, but it really does like the tame G

Quick Reply: Nissan Sport Sedan Concept