Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti must be desperate !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-14, 01:29 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts
Unhappy Infiniti must be desperate !!!

Just saw this advertised on the side of the forum. Cant believe it. 3 DAYS , 2 NIGHTS at the Phoenician for test driving. In case people dont know, the Phoenician is one of the highest end resorts here in AZ. I know the free rooms are not the suites but DAMN !! The entire deal smells of poor sales and dealership desperation. What is kind of tripping me out is how few Qs I have seen on the road. I think in 4 months I have seen two. Kind of crazy. Anyone noticing the same stuff int here area ??

http://www.infinitioncamelback.com/p...FQh1QgodVGAAXw
Old 01-10-14, 02:05 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Interesting post, I8ABMR. I'll be at the D.C. Auto Show (several times) in just a couple more weeks. Let's see what kind of promotions Infiniti has there...or, of course, if they mention this one. Ford and Lincoln (and sometimes GM) offer $50 Mastercards if you register and sign up for dealer test-drives. (I've actually cashed in on some of those offers for some reviews of Ford products...such as the F-150 and the new Fusion Hybrid last year.)
Old 01-10-14, 02:37 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
What is kind of tripping me out is how few Qs I have seen on the road. I think in 4 months I have seen two. Kind of crazy. Anyone noticing the same stuff int here area ??
Yup, I noticed on the street, the Q50 is almost as rare as the RLX.

Infinitis are crap, we all know it
Old 01-10-14, 02:39 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was having lunch with a guy who's in ads for cars.

"Yeah my wife drives a G37 6MT...we both hate it."
Old 01-10-14, 02:42 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
Infinitis are crap, we all know it
Their sedans/coupes actually have a reputation for being pretty reliable and well-built. That's not necessarily the case, though, with some of the older trucks/SUVs that were built at the Canton, MS plant that Nissan and Infiniti jointly share.
Old 01-10-14, 02:57 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Atlanta is a big car city, and one of the largest markets in the country. It's very common to see new models here on the street within a week or two of release. With that said, I've seen 5 Q50s since inception and the local dealers here are still running TV ads with "JX35 and FX35/50" instead of the new QX designations These are not even 2013 clearance ads - they are promoting the "2014 Infiniti JX 35"!!!
Old 01-10-14, 03:06 PM
Gekko
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Just saw this advertised on the side of the forum. Cant believe it. 3 DAYS , 2 NIGHTS at the Phoenician for test driving. In case people dont know, the Phoenician is one of the highest end resorts here in AZ. I know the free rooms are not the suites but DAMN !! The entire deal smells of poor sales and dealership desperation. What is kind of tripping me out is how few Qs I have seen on the road. I think in 4 months I have seen two. Kind of crazy. Anyone noticing the same stuff int here area ??

throw in a high end Scottsdale hooker and they got a deal!
Old 01-10-14, 03:18 PM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't like Infiniti as they seem to be shamed of their Japanese origin.
Old 01-10-14, 03:21 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Their sedans/coupes actually have a reputation for being pretty reliable and well-built. That's not necessarily the case, though, with some of the older trucks/SUVs that were built at the Canton, MS plant that Nissan and Infiniti jointly share.
The G35s and G37s are pretty bullet proof. I've had my G35 coupe for 10 years and beat the crap out of it...rock solid. Most reliable car i've ever owned and i've had a Lexus RX300, Toyota Camry, and Honda Civic and Odyssey.
Old 01-10-14, 03:34 PM
Gekko
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
The G35s and G37s are pretty bullet proof. I've had my G35 coupe for 10 years and beat the crap out of it...rock solid. Most reliable car i've ever owned and i've had a Lexus RX300, Toyota Camry, and Honda Civic and Odyssey.
IMO Nissan/Infiniti is a distant third in terms of reliability/durability/quality - behind Toyota/Lexus and Honda/Acura.
Old 01-10-14, 03:51 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Gekko
IMO Nissan/Infiniti is a distant third in terms of reliability/durability/quality - behind Toyota/Lexus and Honda/Acura.
You are right on

I personally owned a Nissan truck and 2 GTRs, my sister in law has a G35 coupe, brother in law has an I30.............so I have planty of personal experiences.

Guess what, we own and buy nothing but Toyota/Lexus products now.

Nissan/Infiniti is for folks who can't afford or want to pay for a Toyota/Lexus, or unless you want to go REALLY fast, then you have no choice but to buy a GTR.

There, I said it. Nissan products are cheap crap.
Old 01-10-14, 04:20 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
You are right on

I personally owned a Nissan truck and 2 GTRs, my sister in law has a G35 coupe, brother in law has an I30.............so I have planty of personal experiences.

Guess what, we own and buy nothing but Toyota/Lexus products now.

Nissan/Infiniti is for folks who can't afford or want to pay for a Toyota/Lexus, or unless you want to go REALLY fast, then you have no choice but to buy a GTR.

There, I said it. Nissan products are cheap crap.
good lord that sounds bimmer-tastic...

my fiance has a G37S coupe. its been nothing but a joy to drive. and drive it, she has. over 170k miles. still as strong and agile as the day she bought it with no mechanical issues. when the Q60... or whatever the coupe is called...there will be a serious decision to be made between that and the RC for her. and finances wont be part of the equation

i picked up the 2nd 6MT G35 coupes delivered in atlanta. again...great car with zero problems.

infiniti makes a damn good product. and....until lexus finally got their heads outta their asses...was the only japanese luxury maker that made cars that were actually 'fun' to drive.
Old 01-10-14, 04:39 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

What is kind of tripping me out is how few Qs I have seen on the road. I think in 4 months I have seen two. Kind of crazy. Anyone noticing the same stuff int here area ??

Not in the Philly area. It's the other way around--I'm surprised at how many I see.
Old 01-10-14, 04:53 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm seeing quite a few Q50s as well...and I think its a great looking car.
Old 01-10-14, 04:59 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Only 2 Q50's I've seen on the road in this area. And my Automall had Infiniti up until two months ago, we sold it to another franchise one town over. Our Acura store believe it or not was beating them by a large margin. We also let Infiniti go because a new 70,000 square foot facility for our Lexus dealership is taking over the current Lexus and Infiniti buildings here

Quick Reply: Infiniti must be desperate !!!