Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What do you drive? Study finds women most attracted to guys in trucks

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-15, 03:52 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Raptors are sold out in my area. Want a new one? Not a chance even if you want to order one.
Old 08-14-15, 04:10 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Pickups from traditional luxury-carmakers usually don't sell. Lincoln tried twice, with the Blackwood and Mark LT. Cadillac tried with an upmarket Escalade EXT version of the Chevy Avalanche. None of them were successful. Much more successful have been the top-zoot versions of domestic mainstream pickups, like the Ford King Ranch and the Ram Laramie, which effectively function as luxury pickups.
Those came to mind. But I only jest. Besides if one wanted to buy a "Lexus" pickup they have the Tundra available. Funniest thing I've seen is when my wife's friend get out of hers. She's 5'3". Such a huge truck for a little lady. Lol.
Old 08-14-15, 04:11 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Raptors are sold out in my area. Want a new one? Not a chance even if you want to order one.

Chevy has a Raptor competitor now.....the Reaper, though it is not a stock factory package. It is a conversion sold through Chevy dealerships.
Old 08-14-15, 04:14 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rxonmymind
Those came to mind. But I only jest. Besides if one wanted to buy a "Lexus" pickup they have the Tundra available. Funniest thing I've seen is when my wife's friend get out of hers. She's 5'3". Such a huge truck for a little lady. Lol.
Oh, yes, not to get into stereotypes, but small petite females (and some small adult males too, for that matter) sometimes do love big hefty vehicles with plenty of metal surrounding them, even if they get lousy mileage. It gives them a sense of security in an accident.

(And that's one reason why truck-makers provide running-boards LOL)
Old 08-14-15, 06:26 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Screw that, I'm never buying a black car.
Old 08-14-15, 10:38 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
Screw that, I'm never buying a black car.
Roger that. But eventually we'll all be transported in a black car don't we? Lol. Death & taxes.....
Old 08-15-15, 09:15 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I doubt I'd be picking up any women in my truck. Thankfully it has its place to haul trash, construction materials, and park in janky parts of town on the street. Its a tool, not a status symbol in my book, so as far as tools go, its cheap and gets the job done. Granted if I needed to haul/tow more stuff, I would invest in a better tool, but it serves my needs and never lets me down.

And yes that picture was taken 4 years ago. If you look closely the front bumper is held on with extension cord. That extension cord is still holding lol
Old 08-16-15, 03:43 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Aron9000
I doubt I'd be picking up any women in my truck. Thankfully it has its place to haul trash, construction materials, and park in janky parts of town on the street. Its a tool, not a status symbol in my book, so as far as tools go, its cheap and gets the job done. Granted if I needed to haul/tow more stuff, I would invest in a better tool, but it serves my needs and never lets me down.
Now that's the right attitude.