Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: Do you recommend Infinity Insurance?
Yes
0%
No
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Infinity Insurance???

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-14, 09:36 AM
wangster79
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infinity Insurance???

Hi all,

I wasn't sure where to post this but I think this is the most appropriate place.

I've had Farmers for my car insurance the last 10 years or so. I'm not sure if it was due to the longevity but luckily, Farmers did offer to renew (although the premium did go up quite a bit) after I got my DUI. I was told not to bother shopping for car insurance if you recently got a DUI because nobody will accept you so I didn't.

Anyways, a friend of mine just started working for an insurance broker and he got me a quote from Infinity. According to the quote, I will be saving over $600 per year with same coverages as my current Farmers policy. So I got a little excited but after reading some reviews online, I'm not so sure if the $600 per year is worth the switch. I've read that they are really cheap when it comes to paying out claims (if they pay at all) and the claims process is just terrible. I've also read some people had to pay out of their pocket more than their deductible because Infinity would give you some stupid excuse.

I could not find a single good thing written about Infinity Insurance. However, I've always believed that when people get what they expect, they usually don't write reviews. It is only when they are pissed, they go bolistic and write bad things about their experience.

Does anybody have Infinity as their insurance carrier or has anyone dealt with them either through a claim or some sort?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-17-14, 04:58 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am an insurance broker, and I do have Infinity insurance company.

They are good company, but please make sure you buy their deluxe package, which includes

many endorsements that come standard from top tier companies. In the end, it's not all about a company's

rating, but the coverages you purchased.
Old 02-19-14, 10:07 AM
wangster79
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you. What I am concerned about is the claims process. I heard they nickel and dime you when it comes to paying out claims and adjusters are really hard to get a hold of. Have you had any claims with Infinity?

Originally Posted by blacksc400
I am an insurance broker, and I do have Infinity insurance company.

They are good company, but please make sure you buy their deluxe package, which includes

many endorsements that come standard from top tier companies. In the end, it's not all about a company's

rating, but the coverages you purchased.