Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus RX350 Wald treatment

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-14, 06:32 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus RX350 Wald treatment

Click here to view more photos

Available at Lexus dealers

Japanese tuner Wald International has released a complete exterior makeover for the Lexus RX in F SPORT trim.

The RX is not one of the most attractive models in Lexus' lineup, not even in the slightly more appealing F SPORT trim, but Wald International is trying to fix that with an "Executive Line" featuring redesigned front and rear spoilers and a different skirt at the back.

This is an add-on package and on this RX 450h F SPORT it's showcased together with 22-inch forged monoblock Portofino P21F alloy wheels that have a brushed finish on one side and a matte black polish look on the other. Wald is offering LED technology for the daytime running lights, fog lights and also for the stop lamp.

The whole package is available at Lexus dealers and customers can purchase the items individually.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11402257...weaked-by-wald
Old 02-25-14, 07:21 AM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

While looking good. I do think it is completely out of line...just for good looks, and you totally ruined a perfect family SUV.

I can tell you that under my personal opinion, the High-lander and the RX are the best for family SUV. But the RX is best of the best. Because it is so roomy for what it should be, and unlike the 3rd row sears in HighLander...so cramped
Old 02-25-14, 07:47 AM
LexFather

Maybe a new thread? RX Updates lol

Old 02-25-14, 10:56 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

moved to new thread.

oh and i think that wald treatment is hideous.
Old 02-25-14, 11:03 AM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i would prefer just the look of the Fsport RX.
Old 02-25-14, 11:09 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by edgeucated
i would prefer just the look of the Fsport RX.
I have to agree
Old 02-25-14, 01:08 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

^^^Agree. Stock F-Sport all the way, but I wouldn't mind a suspension drop for looks (not for ride comfort though).

Also, this Wald RX screams Ford Edge Sport now.
Attached Thumbnails Lexus RX350 Wald treatment-edge1.jpg  
Old 02-25-14, 02:46 PM
Individual
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It looks like a Venza when it is lowered.
Old 02-25-14, 03:54 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LexFather
Maybe a new thread? RX Updates lol
Originally Posted by bitkahuna
moved to new thread.

oh and i think that wald treatment is hideous.
Sorry, I thought you guys liked big official threads.
Old 02-25-14, 03:57 PM
LexFather

Looks good to me and WALD is top notch stuff.

Old 02-25-14, 07:12 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

Originally Posted by Vh_Supra26
Sorry, I thought you guys liked big official threads.
no problem, it was just in mmarshall's review thread.

some would like 1 official thread for each vehicle and that's it, but we've concluded that would be a bit overloaded.
Old 02-26-14, 09:09 AM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Why is it that tuners insist on adding aero packages to a mid-sized SUV, stiffening up the suspension, and dubbing it "sport"?

It's a truck! There is absolutely nothing you can to to make it handle like a car, let alone an F-sport. Cg is too high, and lowering it doesn't help much. Stiffening the suspension for "control" results in a harsh ride, and between the reduced ground clearance and limited suspension travel, it can't be taken offroad. Wasn't cargo volume, comfort, and some limited off-pavement adventure the reason you bought the RX in the first place? If you're looking for performance, you need to start a little closer to the goal posts.

If you mod your car for appearance sake, just stand up and admit it . . . that's just fine. There are plenty of nice-looking mods out there that don't seriously compromise the function of the automobile. Why pretend you made it go faster or corner like a go-kart? If you want a boat or an airplane, why would you spend thousands of dollars to turn your car into one . . . one that makes too many compromises to be either useful or safe? While there is a lot you can do to an SUV to personalize its appearance, you're not going to make significant differences in its performance without a lot of compromise.

Now I love little Q-ships on the street - cars you wouldn't expect much out of until the light turns green . . . maybe dropping a 440 wedge engine into a midship position in the old RX would be a nice project, with a 6" drop, 9-bolt Ford rear end, cheater slicks . . . .

Old 05-30-14, 10:00 PM
SnakeDocto
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it looks great.
Old 05-30-14, 10:06 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Lil4X
Why is it that tuners insist on adding aero packages to a mid-sized SUV, stiffening up the suspension, and dubbing it "sport"?

It's a truck! There is absolutely nothing you can to to make it handle like a car, let alone an F-sport. Cg is too high, and lowering it doesn't help much. Stiffening the suspension for "control" results in a harsh ride, and between the reduced ground clearance and limited suspension travel, it can't be taken offroad. Wasn't cargo volume, comfort, and some limited off-pavement adventure the reason you bought the RX in the first place? If you're looking for performance, you need to start a little closer to the goal posts.

If you mod your car for appearance sake, just stand up and admit it . . . that's just fine. There are plenty of nice-looking mods out there that don't seriously compromise the function of the automobile. Why pretend you made it go faster or corner like a go-kart? If you want a boat or an airplane, why would you spend thousands of dollars to turn your car into one . . . one that makes too many compromises to be either useful or safe? While there is a lot you can do to an SUV to personalize its appearance, you're not going to make significant differences in its performance without a lot of compromise.

Now I love little Q-ships on the street - cars you wouldn't expect much out of until the light turns green . . . maybe dropping a 440 wedge engine into a midship position in the old RX would be a nice project, with a 6" drop, 9-bolt Ford rear end, cheater slicks . . . .

Hey, some people with tons of money to burn don't know better and these guys are banking on it?

/shrugs

Also, some people want to be unique? Well, with Wald, here's their big chance to be so.
Old 05-31-14, 09:35 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 296 Likes on 215 Posts

It has actually grown on me a bit since my last post, but it's mostly because of those sharp-looking wheels.

Quick Reply: Lexus RX350 Wald treatment