Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Redneck road rage. 6 million views

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-14, 02:06 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
He did not ignore her, he was looking back at her in anger, so it makes perfect sense that he could have then realized he forgot to flip her the bird, but in any case, there are other witness behind who could see whether he braked to flip her the bird, no need to speculate ...
I think we have doubled the views on this video going back and re-watching...

The main reason I thought she sped up was that she went ahead of the truck, whereas, if he slowed down, he would have just come even, rather than drop back behind her again.

It's just so inconsiderate of her to film up and down, rather than sideways. Really, I think that's where all the animosity toward her is coming from
Old 04-01-14, 02:10 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by keyframe13
It never happen to me to get pissed on a driver and to pass him look in his eyes and "forget" to flip him/her. Did this ever happen to you?! lol It's like a second nature to do.
I take from the video that he passed angrily looking at her and while passing her realized she was recording so he slowed back down to salute her and sped back off, and then crashed like a loser.
Old 04-01-14, 02:11 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by yardie876
I take from the video that he passed angrily looking at her and while passing her realized she was recording so he slowed back down to salute her and sped back off, and then crashed like a loser.
Good point--"Here--get THIS on your video!!"
Old 04-01-14, 02:15 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
I think we have doubled the views on this video going back and re-watching...

The main reason I thought she sped up was that she went ahead of the truck, whereas, if he slowed down, he would have just come even, rather than drop back behind her again.

It's just so inconsiderate of her to film up and down, rather than sideways. Really, I think that's where all the animosity toward her is coming from
I think she should be asked re-shoot that scene. Different angles would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-01-14, 02:16 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by keyframe13
It never happen to me to get pissed on a driver and to pass him look in his eyes and "forget" to flip him/her. Did this ever happen to you?! lol It's like a second nature to do.
Never assume everybody else would react/ behave exactly as you do, even if some would, that's seldom the case in the real world, different people do things differently.
Remember he just squeezed past the two trucks very quickly changing lanes, and probably have both his hands on the wheel as he did that. That's a lot he was trying to do in a very short period of time. He was giving her the dirty look as s he passed her, even turned his head as he did it, I see nothing surprising at all that he would then decide to flip her the bird too to further make his point ...
Old 04-01-14, 02:17 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by yardie876
Exactly what could have happened, he was pissed off even more when he saw her pointing the phone at him, and thus the bird ...
Old 04-01-14, 02:28 PM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Never assume everybody else would react/ behave exactly as you do, even if some would, that's seldom the case in the real world, different people do things differently.
Remember he just squeezed past the two trucks very quickly changing lanes, and probably have both his hands on the wheel as he did that. That's a lot he was trying to do in a very short period of time. He was giving her the dirty look as s he passed her, even turned his head as he did it, I see nothing surprising at all that he would then decide to flip her the bird too to further make his point ...
I find it very surprising especially that's the first thing you do and second because he is left behind so much (obviously by her accelerating) and not by him breaking as you can control breaking. Maybe she was flipping him with the hand on the wheel as he pass.) not impossible
But than again, we all assume in here no.

Last edited by keyframe13; 04-01-14 at 02:32 PM.
Old 04-02-14, 06:41 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 295 Likes on 211 Posts

To me they were both idiots in this situation. Even if I am going over the speed limit if someone is going faster or wants to go faster I always move over when I can. There was plenty of room for her to move over to the right and then back over to make the left hand turn. Her recording the video is also scary to me since that may be more dangerous while driving than talking on the phone. The truck driver was just as bad with his antics as well.

Not that this applies in this scenario but last year in Maryland someone was ticketed for driving slow in the left lane.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...ting-left-lane
Old 04-02-14, 06:48 AM
Allen K
-0----0-
Forum Moderator

Received 802 Likes on 560 Posts

Originally Posted by patgilm
To me they were both idiots in this situation. Even if I am going over the speed limit if someone is going faster or wants to go faster I always move over when I can. There was plenty of room for her to move over to the right and then back over to make the left hand turn. Her recording the video is also scary to me since that may be more dangerous while driving than talking on the phone. The truck driver was just as bad with his antics as well.

Not that this applies in this scenario but last year in Maryland someone was ticketed for driving slow in the left lane.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...ting-left-lane
Same here. Was the truck driver driving like an ***? Yup. Could the woman have defused the situation by just getting out of the way? Yup. Shame that courtesy on the road is so scarce in this country
Old 04-02-14, 07:30 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Infra
Who cares what the law says when you're risking your life by holding up someone who wants to go fast. Is your pride worth dying for?

Move over and let the ******* pass you. It'll cost you 10 seconds now and perhaps save you a lifetime.
unless I'm in the right hand lane and an azzhole comes right up on my bumper....sorry, then its brake check time (I need my rear bumper re-painted anyway).
Old 04-02-14, 08:45 AM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 98 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell

unless I'm in the right hand lane and an azzhole comes right up on my bumper....sorry, then its brake check time (I need my rear bumper re-painted anyway).
Satisfying, no doubt, but dangerous.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using IB AutoGroup
Old 04-02-14, 08:54 AM
keyframe13
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bagwell
I'll give you a tip if you really wanna get your bumper painted
Next time someone is tailgating you really close switch the gear from the peddle to second really fast so he/she doesn't even get the warning from the breaks.
You're welcome
Old 04-02-14, 06:34 PM
mb93fd
Driver School Candidate

lolz for hours....