Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

My four-year build: Supra content inside

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-14, 09:53 PM
that2JZguy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Problems with the Tweak'd harness have been sorted. They didn't include a 1J2 connector for my car!!!! Many modifications had to be made to this harness and after all the emails and phone calls I made with Cam and Joshua over there prior to buying the harness and being guaranteed over and over and over that they test them and make sure they're 100% working and ready to go in my car, I can hardly say it was worth it. The charges for FSR to fix the harness are nearly what it cost me to buy it in the first place. Not only this but I have called and emailed Tweak'd Performance this entire week and they refuse to respond.

That all being said, the car should crank within the next 24 hours. Fuel system has been primed to 100psi and the oil system has been primed, everything lubed up and ready to go. As soon as they call me and tell me they've successfully started the motor, I will be driving out to see it myself and hopefully I will be posting the first dyno vids by the end of next week.
Old 04-24-14, 03:47 AM
that2JZguy
Driver

Quick pic of the rolling antilag button AKA the go-baby-go button AKA the what lag? button AKA gonna need new tires button.

Old 04-24-14, 08:37 AM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

^ haha love that label over the button
Old 05-02-14, 10:28 PM
that2JZguy
Driver

The car fired up today!!!!! Still sorting problems with the harness but the motor sounds good, no knocks, and tomorrow I go to visit! Will take an idle video and hopefully by the end of this coming week the first round of dyno tuning on the 110 octane will be done and I can start posting some numbers!
Old 05-25-14, 11:33 AM
that2JZguy
Driver

Short idle video before the exhaust was connected to the downpipe/midpipe.

http://s61.photobucket.com/user/patr...79c98.mp4.html

By the end of this coming week we should have the car on the dyno for break-in and the first series of tuning. Car rolled around the shop under her own power this week. Had to add an inch to the midpipe for it to connect to the exhaust and also ran into a problem with the throttle rotor catching on the hood liner but those issues have been sorted and we are only left with a faulty idle control reading on the ProEFI which is either harness related or idle motor related. We are thinking harness related due to another car at the shop having the same harness with the same issue. Hopefully this is the end of all the problems associated with the Tweak'd harness.

Last edited by that2JZguy; 05-26-14 at 02:08 AM.
Old 05-25-14, 05:59 PM
oemis250
Driver School Candidate

I think i just jizzed in my pants looking at your supra build thread !! Nice Job sir
Old 05-25-14, 07:43 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

congrats man. love this car
Old 05-25-14, 08:57 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great work man, and the car looks good... except for one thing. I can't lie, I've always hated those wheels on the Supra. I'm guessing you're trying to keep the sleeper factory look, but if there's just one cosmetic mod that I feel is almost necessary no matter what your intentions for the car, it's new rims. Please, for me, replace those eye sores.

... My guess is that they're pretty heavy, too.
Old 05-25-14, 10:37 PM
that2JZguy
Driver

Originally Posted by oemis250
I think i just jizzed in my pants looking at your supra build thread !! Nice Job sir
Cali guy! See ya out there some day!

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
congrats man. love this car
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
Great work man, and the car looks good... except for one thing. I can't lie, I've always hated those wheels on the Supra. I'm guessing you're trying to keep the sleeper factory look, but if there's just one cosmetic mod that I feel is almost necessary no matter what your intentions for the car, it's new rims. Please, for me, replace those eye sores.

... My guess is that they're pretty heavy, too.
Hahaha thanks for the kind words AND the criticism! I'm honestly in a love-hate relationship with the wheels. I love the idea of keeping the car looking totally stock; it's something I've never really changed my mind about in years of ownership. However, I mentioned I'd like to get into mile racing and an 18" wheel would give me the best ratio so I do plan on buying a set of "track" wheels for it within the next six months or so. I'm thinking something along the lines of HRE 563 or 593. However for now the stockers have some sticky-*** Mickey Thompsons that should be able to put all 1000hp down from a 2nd gear roll and on.

Last edited by that2JZguy; 05-26-14 at 02:11 AM.
Old 05-28-14, 08:53 PM
that2JZguy
Driver

Car rolled onto the dyno for the second phase of the break-in today. No hard pulls, just conservative throttle blips and cruising at speed. No major problems, just a small oil leak that may be caused by a gap in the gasket material used to seal the upper pan. Shop reported the idle control signal is reading correctly and we also fixed an issue with tachometer output and now everything is looking 100%. Tomorrow the oil will be changed once more and the same break-in process on the dyno will be performed, then if everything looks good, we will add the 110 octane (break-in being performed on 91 octane so as to not waste the expensive stuff) and start the first of the dyno tuning sessions. Getting so close I can almost smell that sweet C16 candy burning.
Old 05-28-14, 10:33 PM
that2JZguy
Driver

She's just BEGGING for more! Click for a quick video!

Last edited by that2JZguy; 05-28-14 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-06-14, 11:24 PM
that2JZguy
Driver

Well more setbacks. Idle control valve is not parking at key-off... ANOTHER PROBLEM WITH THE TWEAK'D HARNESS!!!! Also the wastegates wouldn't even crack open at 30psi. We found that both of them had damaged diaphragms and they are being shipped off to TiAL to be rebuilt and tested. Possibly another week or so of down time and then we should be set for tuning.
Old 06-06-14, 11:38 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great build, such a inspiration to come across a build thread such as this.

BTW those OEM wheels look great, wish i still had my set.
Old 06-06-14, 11:50 PM
that2JZguy
Driver

Thanks brother! Local guy as well! Hope to see you out at some of the IE events once I get the car rolling.

BTW go Kings!
Old 06-07-14, 10:23 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by that2JZguy
Thanks brother! Local guy as well! Hope to see you out at some of the IE events once I get the car rolling.

BTW go Kings!
Welcome man great build..... not local any more, I live in TX and only make trips back once in awhile to visit fam.
When i do move back one day im heading to all the so cal meets tho so maybe i will see the Supra

Yeah Go Kings!

Quick Reply: My four-year build: Supra content inside