Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2015 STI impression

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-14, 08:36 AM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Whitigir
Feel like the road noise is only under the car, I hear you can reduce it by coating it the coat that reduce rust and dirt.
Or raammat the floor. It would help reducing the noise, but the noise could be from the tires as well, since the new tire sucks.
Old 05-02-14, 09:34 AM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fastdak25
So thinking about it again and maybe the LE is a better option for me. I haven't seen the Subaru nav system, but have heard it's not very good. I still have my old Garmin which is still my favorite GPS unit I have ever used. I guess I could get a system put in aftermarket instead, for much less than $2500. Most of the time i'm listening to Raw Comedy (XM or Pandora), but I do like a nice system to blast my music when I want.

Like you said, getting an LE with SPT for less than MSRP is a pretty damn good deal. Going to do some heavy thinking, may go back to the dealer this weekend to put a deposit on the LE.
if you are not a bass head, you will like the LE base stereo. I pumped max bass, mid treble and mid. All of my musics are crystal clear, and Neutral. I actually enjoy it a lot. I am a fan of Neutral sounding
Old 05-02-14, 09:35 AM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cino
Or raammat the floor. It would help reducing the noise, but the noise could be from the tires as well, since the new tire sucks.
That is some what true, but the noise under the chasis is kinda weird, seem like it is really thin under there, I can hear the Clonking clanking whenever gavel hit it
Old 05-02-14, 09:46 AM
fastdak25
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you are not a bass head, you will like the LE base stereo. I pumped max bass, mid treble and mid. All of my musics are crystal clear, and Neutral. I actually enjoy it a lot. I am a fan of Neutral sounding
One big thing I immediately noticed (used pandora via BT on one of my heavy metal channels) was the sound seemed like it all was focused center front. It was like i couldn't hear anything from door or rear speakers. Made it sound very very cheap. I'm going back today to ask to test drive the STi they have on the lot. I want to get a first hand impression of the road noise and play with the stereo a bit more.
Old 05-02-14, 10:39 AM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

One big thing I immediately noticed (used pandora via BT on one of my heavy metal channels) was the sound seemed like it all was focused center front. It was like i couldn't hear anything from door or rear speakers. Made it sound very very cheap. I'm going back today to ask to test drive the STi they have on the lot. I want to get a first hand impression of the road noise and play with the stereo a bit more.
You are correct, the one thing I notice is the source of the music, It has to be High Quality, if you just stream it from normal Radio and non HD, it sucks...BAD!

Also the system is more emphasized toward Mid and High. They don't sound cheap, however, if you have good source of HD music. It is Twice the Quality of the last gen
Old 05-02-14, 01:03 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Allen K
What sucks is that they keyless entry/push start is also bundled in that package. I've gotten to like my push button start
I saw that too but I thought it was available separately somewhere...? maybe not IDK
Old 05-02-14, 01:13 PM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bagwell
I saw that too but I thought it was available separately somewhere...? maybe not IDK
That is why the LE is so worth it
Old 05-02-14, 01:53 PM
fastdak25
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK put in a deposit for the LE. Gets here around May 20th. MSRP $38,190. Selling Price $37,866 (before TTL and $199 dealer fee), including the SPT exhaust. They also gave me another grand for my trade putting it $500 over what carmax offered. I got to drive the limited they had on the lot, which fortunately had the short throw, so got to see how that was. Road noise is pretty high, but nothing a nice aftermarket stereo won't cure when I don't want to listen to it. Sorry Whit, but that stock system is just not gonna be good with me lol. Tint also going on immediately.
Old 05-02-14, 07:09 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are correct, the one thing I notice is the source of the music, It has to be High Quality, if you just stream it from normal Radio and non HD, it sucks...BAD!

Also the system is more emphasized toward Mid and High. They don't sound cheap, however, if you have good source of HD music. It is Twice the Quality of the last gen
Stock head unit sucks, Nav or not. Get aftermarket with mirrorlink if you have Android. If you have iPhone, Carplay will do it for you.
Old 05-03-14, 04:38 AM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

OK put in a deposit for the LE. Gets here around May 20th. MSRP $38,190. Selling Price $37,866 (before TTL and $199 dealer fee), including the SPT exhaust. They also gave me another grand for my trade putting it $500 over what carmax offered. I got to drive the limited they had on the lot, which fortunately had the short throw, so got to see how that was. Road noise is pretty high, but nothing a nice aftermarket stereo won't cure when I don't want to listen to it. Sorry Whit, but that stock system is just not gonna be good with me lol. Tint also going on immediately.
Congratulation, you have a killer deal ! I like the stock exhaust, but may do SPT later lol .