Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Jaguar F-Type: Wow, just WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-14, 02:18 AM
nipponbird
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by Trek
Amen, brother. That's exactly right. And I DO find Vette's to be the dream car of poor blue collar kids, because I was one of them. It just ain't the same as a Jag. I would also buy the GTR over a cheaper Vette....if I had the money.

Oh well, I can pretend to be rich and go in and keep test driving 'em until I run out of dealerships!
Blue collar kids sometimes are better judges of what is good or not good than college kids. At least the Vette was never a candidate for the "World's Worse Cars" like the '74 Jaguar XJ.
Old 06-11-14, 03:37 AM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

The new Vette is just an exceptional package IMO, from styling, power, handling dynamics, interior quality/layout, it just looks/feels like something expensive, but with just a slightly ragged edge. I mean who doesn't love that slight idle lump the LT1 V8 gives at idle . . .

That being said, the new Jag is an awesome machine in its own right. Is it overpriced compared to the Vette? Yes. Is it worth it? That's a matter of personal opinion.

Being a caveman, you can still get a Vette with a clutch pedal, the Jag its no dice. So that is my ultimate decision against the Jag,
Old 06-12-14, 07:12 PM
Trek
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
The new Vette is just an exceptional package IMO, from styling, power, handling dynamics, interior quality/layout, it just looks/feels like something expensive, but with just a slightly ragged edge. I mean who doesn't love that slight idle lump the LT1 V8 gives at idle . . .

That being said, the new Jag is an awesome machine in its own right. Is it overpriced compared to the Vette? Yes. Is it worth it? That's a matter of personal opinion.

Being a caveman, you can still get a Vette with a clutch pedal, the Jag its no dice. So that is my ultimate decision against the Jag,
I look at it this way. Corvette is that girl from high school who couldn't get a prom date. The F-Type R is Kate Upton. Kate is going to cost a LOT more, but which one would you rather....uh, you know? Put another way, if you could scrape together the dough for Kate or save a few bucks and take the girl from high school no one else wanted to date, what would you do?

Sometimes money is not the most important consideration. If it was, we'd all be driving smart cars or one of those 50 mpg electric cars. Like Philip said, it's emotional.

Last edited by Trek; 06-12-14 at 07:15 PM.