Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

5 Least Appealing Luxury Brands (APPEAL Survey JD Power)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-14, 09:25 PM
Lex2InfiN
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
FYI sales does not equal Appeal. Porsche was number one and they sell a drop in the bucket.
Nobody cares about this study, because it is meaningless and not an indicator of anything relevant. If it was something interesting dealing with hard numbers such as sales percentage increases or something, then that would be far more interesting and indicative of each brand's performance. But it loses all credibility when it places Lincoln over Cadillac and Audi over MB & BMW.

Logic fail again.
This thread is a logic fail.
Old 08-04-14, 09:36 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Even non car enthusiasts feel Audi is hot as fire right now and they have been that way for a few years now.
Audi seems to be taking more away from BMW than from other brands. But that is not all just because of the rise of Audi itself (though they are in fact doing some very-well-done vehicles right now). As BMW designs turn more and more away rom the Ultimate Driving Machine (and become more the Ultimate Jiving Machine) , a number of former BMW enthusiasts are naturally turning to Audi as currently the best alternative.
Old 08-05-14, 02:27 PM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't consider any of the brands on that list as luxury. The only one that I would consider not deserving is Caddy, but they still have a ways to go. I don't see any of the other brands in that list as going anywhere but near-luxury.
Old 08-05-14, 08:11 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Did you, someone that has never posted a car they own, tells me to buy an Audi because I am well aware of their influence in the market! Lmfao. Your rebuttal is naming something infiniti brought to market no one cares about?

Wow so now we need to buy Audi's for giving them kudos. Hilarious.

FYI sales does not equal Appeal. Porsche was number one and they sell a drop in the bucket. Logic fail again.

You have no point again but to bash other brands not infiniti on a Lexus forum.

Johan left, he saw no future.
Audi makes some sexy-*** cars. I was in love with my S5 Cab. Also, the A7 is a looker. And they pretty much have the reliability thing down now, so it is no wonder they are growing market share. If I didn't love my GS so much it would be the Audi dealerships I would be trolling, not BMW and certainly not Acura.
Old 08-05-14, 09:25 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by dseag2
Audi makes some sexy-*** cars. I was in love with my S5 Cab. Also, the A7 is a looker. And they pretty much have the reliability thing down now, so it is no wonder they are growing market share. If I didn't love my GS so much it would be the Audi dealerships I would be trolling, not BMW and certainly not Acura.
They are sexy in the S-Line, S, RS form. The R8 is still amazing. The TT turns heads. They don't make one ugly vehicle. They constantly pop up in conversations with non car people, a sign of appeal. The A7 and A5 Sportback are functional and fun. Audi is a trendsetter and highly admired today.

JD Power is a very highly respected organization. Sadly people with no experience or ownership in this field get to spout off how the survey is meaningless because their favorite brand did poorly. Any reasonable person will look at the entire list and agree it's pretty damn accurate.

Old 08-05-14, 09:39 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,254 Likes on 1,368 Posts

This thread is done, too many personal and rude comments.

lex2infin, Lexfather, I strongly suggest you each add the other to your ignore list. Let's not keep this personal back and forth going on other threads; there have been a bunch here recently and needs to stop.