Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti Q60 News

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-15, 06:30 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,365 Likes on 1,550 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Sloped and dumpy rear-end kills another nice design. Just stick on a fake spare tire for the spoiler and call it a Lincoln Mark VIII.
I don't recall the last time you said anything positive about anything.
Old 11-24-15, 07:11 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Lol @ all the negative comments from Lexus owners. Its a nice design, and most know that if it had an L logo on it, they would be all over it.
Old 11-24-15, 07:29 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jwong77
Lol @ all the negative comments from Lexus owners. Its a nice design, and most know that if it had an L logo on it, they would be all over it.
Touche!
Old 11-24-15, 09:42 PM
MelF1fan
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
Touche!
LOL... I went from a G coupe to an RC 350 F Sport.

All I have to say is i'm loving the looks of the new Q60 coupe!

And word of a 'Red Sport' 3.0Turbo /400 hp makes me drool

RC should have had this from the get go.

Oh, yeah.. I see what I might just be getting after my RC lease Unless that BMW M2 comes calling first.
Old 11-24-15, 10:30 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
I don't recall the last time you said anything positive about anything.
Check out some recent LA Autoshow debuts. You'll find several positive remarks.
The problem with most new designs is we are being fed gourmet crap. I am not going to be a robot and go along with it like everyone else. Just because Lexus or Infiniti is slapped on the side is not reason enough. A sporty coupe should have some sexy lines, masculinity, and show cajones. A sloping, scrunched, cut off-butt with a narrow trunk is half-baked and misses the point.

Last edited by Fizzboy7; 11-24-15 at 10:36 PM.
Old 11-24-15, 10:53 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jwong77
I've had 2 infiniti coupes, hated the G37 design. IMO the G35 coupe was the best thing they ever came out with.. I've been waiting 8 years for this.. Though, i think its a great move forward but I'm just telling it how I see it. I'm not an ordinary Lexus owner bashing Infiniti. I don't think they did bad but not sure they did good either..
Old 11-24-15, 11:07 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
I hope they add a hard top vert to the iterations.

Between this car and the little SUV Infiniti should see calendar year 2016 sales jump a bunch.
I hope they don't. Industry is moving away from them as they add too much weight and rob space.
Old 11-24-15, 11:43 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

so far, the japanese have the ugliest coupes.

actually mercedes isn't much better either

Old 11-25-15, 12:33 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 165 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by pman6
so far, the japanese have the ugliest coupes.

actually mercedes isn't much better either

They would be ten times better without that soft, Infiniti J30 rump. The greenhouse and front isn't that bad. Imagine if the next Mustang and Camaro had a sloping, round bobtail? The world would come to an end. It would look just as bad on those coupes as it does on these.
Old 11-25-15, 04:38 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Sorry for the negative opinion but i just had a thought and i'm just thinking out loud. The Q60 looks is basically a Q50 with two doors. I guess I was expecting the Q60 to be its own car, its own style. Seeing that big honking grill from the Q50 just doesn't fly with me. I had high hopes of this car but its just a another clone of the sedan (basically) not all copy and paste but majority of it DNA seemed to derived from the Q50.. Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing more of this car..
Old 11-25-15, 05:19 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
I've had 2 infiniti coupes, hated the G37 design. IMO the G35 coupe was the best thing they ever came out with.. I've been waiting 8 years for this.. Though, i think its a great move forward but I'm just telling it how I see it. I'm not an ordinary Lexus owner bashing Infiniti. I don't think they did bad but not sure they did good either..
I'm with you on this. I wasn't that fond of the G37 as I thought it looked a little too feminine. I loved my G35 coupe...had it for 11 great years. When the G35 first came out, it was universally praised for its looks. This Q60 looks okay but nothing really "special". Of course the saving grace could be its power train as 400hp sounds really enticing
Old 11-25-15, 05:35 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 726 Likes on 499 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
They would be ten times better without that soft, Infiniti J30 rump. The greenhouse and front isn't that bad. Imagine if the next Mustang and Camaro had a sloping, round bobtail? The world would come to an end. It would look just as bad on those coupes as it does on these.
Agreed, rear is just too busy. The front looks great though.
Old 11-25-15, 05:45 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QWKGS4
Sorry for the negative opinion but i just had a thought and i'm just thinking out loud. The Q60 looks is basically a Q50 with two doors. I guess I was expecting the Q60 to be its own car, its own style. Seeing that big honking grill from the Q50 just doesn't fly with me. I had high hopes of this car but its just a another clone of the sedan (basically) not all copy and paste but majority of it DNA seemed to derived from the Q50.. Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing more of this car..
I'm highly surprised you were expecting something different. This is by no means anything other than a coupe version of the Q50. Just like the A4 and A5, 3-series and 4-series, and to a degree IS and RC. And of course they were going to have similar grilles; every Infiniti will be wearing it within the next 3 years.

Actually now that I think of it...did you even look at the concept which Infiniti said was going to very similar to the production version?
Old 11-25-15, 07:35 AM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

I think it looks great. I had one of the original G35 coupes in 2003 and loved it. This may be enough to get me back to Infiniti. I noticed that on the side of the front fender where the engine displacement marking usually is located, it is marked "3.0t". I guess the rumors are true.
Steve
Old 11-25-15, 09:48 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TangoRed
I'm highly surprised you were expecting something different. This is by no means anything other than a coupe version of the Q50. Just like the A4 and A5, 3-series and 4-series, and to a degree IS and RC. And of course they were going to have similar grilles; every Infiniti will be wearing it within the next 3 years.

Actually now that I think of it...did you even look at the concept which Infiniti said was going to very similar to the production version?
I sure did, I don't think this car looks anything much like the Concept.. I maybe be blind or have tunnel vision..

The design output or finish product seems distorted, shrunken or condensed.. look at the front.. it does look similiar but not quite it doesn't share any real dimensions just some styling cues.. I kind feel we've been hoodwinked.. lol

Quick Reply: Infiniti Q60 News