Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Help with dealership issue/service, long story though, sorry...Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-14, 07:39 AM
intense34
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FastTags
I've had my share of bad service, I don't think yours was that bad. Yes they painted the bumper which was expected, they did a poor job, so they got you a new bumper.

I had it when the Honda body shop painted very well, but they did not buff any other parts other than what is painted,They just did not want to buff the whole car. There were lots of overspray, so the buff was necessary!!! They left a huge gap b/n the q. panel and the bumper and tried to tell me that it is Okey, allowed 2mm by the Honda. I had to go back 4 times (40 minutes drive), for them to do it right, argue with 2 different managers, and other employees.

Oh yeah, when I came to pick up the car for the 3rd time, it was dirty and covered in pollen, I couldn't even tell if they fixed what they promised to fix. I told them I cant see anything, they said "well, we washed the car in the morning , its not our fault it dirty now, its GOD fault go pick a bone with him"

So, yes IMO Lexus did a bang up job to take care of you, unlike Honda did to me.
As I said previously, true, they did eventually and its unfortunate that we need to go thru such issues to get the vehicle in the condition which we gave them instead of them being "ethical" and correcting the issues with no hassle and trying to convince us its all fine...

I simply gave the story to lead into my question about the additional services, the bumper wasn't the main complaint...
Old 11-11-14, 07:44 AM
intense34
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
Two services is what--2 oil changes and 2 tire rotations? Corporate is right--those are services that the individual dealership agreed to give you. They aren't from corporate and they aren't transferrable. I think the likelihood that the dealership will reimburse you so that you can take your car elsewhere and never come back is extremely low.

You may look at it from a different angle--given this dealer's screw up, what are the chances that they would do something again? In other words, would they be sure to treat your car with the utmost care to win back your confidence? If you were willing to give them another chance, I think your best bet is to ask the dealer to comp services 5 and 6, and then you will consider giving them another chance. If not, then you would have to pay out of pocket for services 3 and 4, which really isn't that much $$ anyway.
Good point though I highly doubt they'll comp two additional services given that they chose not to transfer the third and fourth to my dealership of choice...Though its not much $$ for those services, I'm sure they've already factored it into the price of the vehicle...Guess I'll just have to decide to which I already have...

Thanks to those for the help...
Old 11-11-14, 07:51 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,660 Posts

closed at intense34's request