Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Greenway MB- In Houston- My experience.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-14, 08:31 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Greenway MB- In Houston- My experience.

I will make it as short as I can. Not to long ago my friend did purchased a new MB from them. The deal was that they will install a window tint in exchange for 100% survey. After the deal is finalized and a few weeks later my friend submitted a 100% survey as he promised. I went online and expressed my experience and opinion in social media about the deal (I wont get into details when and where and what I posted since its not important at the moment).

The manager of Greeway MB got the message thru corporate world and not only he DID NOT honor the deal to TINT his new Mercedes, my friend is now being treated like a 2nd class citizen.

I cannot persuade you or anyone else not to buy a car from them, because of what happened, I do however can say that they did over charged him for the acquisition fee over $1000, and for the Money Factor.

The acquisition fee was posted on many National advertisements to be $795, yet they would not willing to give it to him. The MF was also doubled, even the Finance guy agreed that the MF was .0015, he kept on saying that "Well, we too have to eat!" and charged him .0025.

I feel that the dealership is not honorable, as they forget to keep their promises, with poor management in charge who obviously does not understands the POWER of a CUSTOMER, along with a very old saying "THE Customer is always right"

Take what you wish from the above, I just wanted to share this.
Old 12-30-14, 09:28 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I would had the windows tinted BEFORE I gave the 100% satisfied survey/postings....I don't trust a car salesman as far as I can throw them.

As far as the numbers being off, was there something making him sign? It sounds like he did his homework AFTER the transaction rather than BEFORE.

For my latest car purchase I knew exactly what the amount financed and interest rate needed to be to get to my target payment amount and I haggled with them until it was reached.
Old 12-30-14, 09:32 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bagwell
I would had the windows tinted BEFORE I gave the 100% satisfied survey/postings....I don't trust a car salesman as far as I can throw them.

As far as the numbers being off, was there something making him sign? It sounds like he did his homework AFTER the transaction rather than BEFORE.

For my latest car purchase I knew exactly what the amount financed and interest rate needed to be to get to my target payment amount and I haggled with them until it was reached.
You are correct, i am not even going to argue with you. Manager insisted on survey first. If he said not, the manager would have said OK whatever.
Old 12-30-14, 10:03 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

I will elaborate: the gla250 just came out, at the time of purchase there are only 3-5 cars available for sale in Houston area. I am sure you know when it comes to buying new model cars there isnt much negotiation nor choices. That is why its not like my friend had a choice (given that he wanted GLA250) to say no. So he went along with the deal as it was. No one made him sign, but given the circumstance it was the only option.

Hope that clarifies why i am upset. I havnt met a dealer (up till now) who did not Honor the deal yet. I have worked in a dealeship and have been around cars all my life, I have seen where dealers do screw people out of money at the time of Negotiations and how they manipulate the deal to make it fit the paymets , but never heard of one not honering the promiss.

Last edited by FastTags; 12-30-14 at 10:09 AM.
Old 12-30-14, 10:16 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,332 Likes on 1,419 Posts

It sounds like from your initial post that the dealer's concern is with whatever you posted online?

If so, I suspect that their offered 'trade' of tint for a 100% survey would be considered unethical by MB Corporate and because of that (what I'm guessing is your posting) they were outed and can no longer honor that deal to your friend.

Did you post something negative about them including details about the trade for free tint that started this? That whole offer does sound unethical.
Old 12-30-14, 10:20 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Most dealers are like this.....don't trust any of them.

Your friend should of done more research, cant blame dealer for making $$$ on a hot new car in demand.

My personal policy is to negotiate everything online through email and limit my interaction with dealers as much as possible.
Old 12-30-14, 10:46 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
It sounds like from your initial post that the dealer's concern is with whatever you posted online?

If so, I suspect that their offered 'trade' of tint for a 100% survey would be considered unethical by MB Corporate and because of that (what I'm guessing is your posting) they were outed and can no longer honor that deal to your friend.

Did you post something negative about them including details about the trade for free tint that started this? That whole offer does sound unethical.
Yes. I realize it was unethical from the dealership stand point, yet my friend did honor his end of the deal, it would only be fair that the dealership would honor thier end or something of equal value. When I posted about the deal, I never mentioned any names nor the dealership, some one very sneaky PMed me, as he wanted to buy a car, and he wanted to know where we got it, so I told him.

It is always easy to say things when they happen to someone else, but when they actually happen to you it is far different.

You can blame me or my friend it doesn't matter, the purpose if this thread is not to justify of my doing, or make me feel better. I just wanted to post this so others would know and learn from my mistakes.

Last edited by FastTags; 12-30-14 at 11:19 AM.
Old 12-30-14, 11:00 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Very easy to avoid this - Don't agree to unethical side deals and if you do Definitely Do Not post about it on social media.
Old 12-30-14, 11:03 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Very easy to avoid this - Don't agree to unethical side deals and if you do Definitely Do Not post about it on social media.
Agreed 100%. I screwed my friend out of deal.

Let me ask you, you wouldn't take that deal?? You wouldn't agree to it? Be honest
Old 12-30-14, 11:05 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

for some reason Houston just SUCKS for getting any type of deal on a newly released model....I always end up going to another city (and/or state!!!) after negotiating via email.
Old 12-30-14, 11:06 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bagwell
for some reason Houston just SUCKS for getting any type of deal on a newly released model....I always end up going to another city (and/or state!!!) after negotiating via email.
according to some people, you get the best deal via email
Old 12-30-14, 11:12 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Another thing I might add, them not honoring the deal is one thing, but treating a customer like crap because they got caught is another.
Old 12-30-14, 11:23 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,332 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Originally Posted by FastTags
Yes. I realize it was unethical from the dealership stand point, yet my friend did honor his end of the deal, it would only be fair that the dealership would honor thier end or something of equal value.
It is always easy to say things when they happen to someone else, but when they actually happen to you it is far different.

You can blame me or my friend it doesn't matter, the purpose if this thread is not to justify of my doing, or make me feel better. I just wanted to post this so others would know and learn.
No, I'd blame the dealership for offering the sleazy payoff for the survey in the first place. However, I do agree with them fixing the problem and following MB Corporate directive not to allow the bribe tint to be installed. They shouldn't have done this and shouldn't ever do what they did.

Your buddy agreed to a sleazy payoff. I think maybe he has a leg to stand on on claiming you ruined it for him and you should pay for it but it sounds like he's out of luck unless MB Corporate gives him something to make him whole. The dealer shouldn't be allowed to give him anything tint or otherwise; that completes the "payoff"
Old 12-30-14, 11:36 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
No, I'd blame the dealership for offering the sleazy payoff for the survey in the first place. However, I do agree with them fixing the problem and following MB Corporate directive not to allow the bribe tint to be installed. They shouldn't have done this and shouldn't ever do what they did.

Your buddy agreed to a sleazy payoff. I think maybe he has a leg to stand on on claiming you ruined it for him and you should pay for it but it sounds like he's out of luck unless MB Corporate gives him something to make him whole. The dealer shouldn't be allowed to give him anything tint or otherwise; that completes the "payoff"
I agree, although deals like this made every day, I have seen this too many times when a dealer offers a full gas tank or something else for 100% survey, sleazy or not its a deal.

I will pay for it, I ruined it for him. But first I am going to try to get it from MB.

I do wonder, why Corporates do not allow to change the surveys, it would only make sense that after a year or two a customer may change the mind about the service. I think it should be two surveys, one for sales, and one for service which should be allowed to be altered at any time.

Last edited by FastTags; 12-30-14 at 11:40 AM.
Old 12-30-14, 12:05 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

^
There are multiple surveys.

Every dealer interaction usually is followed by a survey!

Tint is $200-$500.....which is nothing to waste all this energy over imo.

Quick Reply: Greenway MB- In Houston- My experience.