Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2017 Lincoln Continental

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-16, 10:50 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

I had a slight hope that their audi headlight/jaguar grill (and now I see rhino -thanks fizzboy) could pull it off.

Even the Genesis looks better than this.

Originally Posted by TangoRed
Ford can't make a luxurious dash to save their lives. The rest of the car is nice though.
yeah, their dash isn't luxurious enough for a lincoln.
Old 01-12-16, 11:05 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Ford can't make a luxurious dash to save their lives. The rest of the car is nice though.
Originally Posted by GS3Tek
yeah, their dash isn't luxurious enough for a lincoln.
Although I'll reserve final judgement until I actually see and feel the materials the Continental dash is made of (hopefully at the D.C. auto show next week), from the images at least, I don't know how you guys can say that. This is arguably the best-lookng interior (and dash) I've seen from Ford in a long time. And the interiors of the MKC and new MKX aren't bad either. But before that, though.....yeah, I'll agree....Lincolns were pretty unimpressive.
Old 01-12-16, 11:18 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Although I'll reserve final judgement until I actually see and feel the materials the Continental dash is made of (hopefully at the D.C. auto show next week), from the images at least, I don't know how you guys can say that. This is arguably the best-lookng interior (and dash) I've seen from Ford in a long time. And the interiors of the MKC and new MKX aren't bad either. But before that, though.....yeah, I'll agree....Lincolns were pretty unimpressive.
The new Continental is really nice. 400hp sounds pretty damn awesome. I can't warm up to the PRDNL buttons but the rest of the interior works for me.
Old 01-12-16, 11:27 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

It's the best looking dash I've seen from Ford in a long time too. Doesn't mean it looks luxurious. It just fails to look expensive to me.
Old 01-12-16, 12:13 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

So glad the blue interior made it to the production version. The only way I would look twice at this car is if it came just like this:

Love it.

Last edited by TangoRed; 01-12-16 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-12-16, 12:19 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

The only way I would look twice at this car is if it came just like this:

Love it.
In other words, you liked the acres of chrome used in the Concept interior...not the chrome/wood version on the production car? The Concept's interior, with all that chrome, looked more or less like something the Big Three would have done here in America back from about 1957-1960.
Old 01-12-16, 12:24 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

In other words, you liked the acres of chrome used in the Concept interior...not the chrome/wood version on the production car? The Concept's interior, with all that chrome, looked more or less like something the Big Three would have done here in America back from about 1957-1960.
You realize what I posted is the production car right? I like the blue version with the chrome and silver trim because it gives me something to be visually excited about. The white/beige version is too toned down for my liking and makes me focus on that aforementioned average-looking dash. And yes, this color scheme being a bit vulgar and quintessentially American makes me like it more.
Old 01-12-16, 12:31 PM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

It's the best looking dash I've seen from Ford in a long time too. Doesn't mean it looks luxurious. It just fails to look expensive to me.
My first impression is that it looks too much like the Ford Fusion dash, especially now that there is no gearshift lever in the facelifted Fusion -- the general shape, the location and proportion of the vents to nav screen.
Old 01-12-16, 12:32 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Interesting placement for the exterior door handles. I kind of like that they are hidden like that. Seems to be touch sensitive too.

Overall, I dont mind it. They should have kept all the lower body chrome. Thats what made the concept special IMO.

ANd yes, I find the interior very attractive in that awesome blue only. However whats up with the split leg rests/extenders?

Last edited by GFerg; 01-12-16 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-12-16, 12:44 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

You realize what I posted is the production car right? I like the blue version with the chrome and silver trim because it gives me something to be visually excited about. The white/beige version is too toned down for my liking and makes me focus on that aforementioned average-looking dash. And yes, this color scheme being a bit vulgar and quintessentially American makes me like it more.
OK.....my bad. With the chrome/silver, I didn't realize it was a production version. It looked a lot like the original concept. But, yes, a closer look at the vents and steering wheel does show it is not the concept. I guess that means that there will (or will likely) be a production version without the wood that was posted in some images.
Old 01-12-16, 12:46 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Never seen a split extender cushion like that. Very cool. Wonder how many adjustable settings that seat has
Old 01-12-16, 12:51 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

OK.....my bad. With the chrome/silver, I didn't realize it was a production version. It looked a lot like the original concept. But, yes, a closer look at the vents and steering wheel does show it is not the concept. I guess that means that there will (or will likely) be a production version without the wood that was posted in some images.
Did you think I was making it up? It's the Rhapsody interior available through their Black Label design theme line.
Old 01-12-16, 01:07 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Did you think I was making it up? It's the Rhapsody interior available through their Black Label design theme line.
No, I just forgot about the Black Label series interiors, that's all. Lincoln doesn't sell a lot of that series, and they often don't get much attention.
Old 01-12-16, 01:12 PM
LOWFAST
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Never seen a split extender cushion like that. Very cool. Wonder how many adjustable settings that seat has
Press release says 30 way adjustable seats.
Old 01-12-16, 01:14 PM
LOWFAST
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I guess the only way to have it would be blue on blue, it is the only one that looks decent to me and seems to follow the spirit of the concept most truthfully. Agree the other interior options look terribly bland.

Quick Reply: 2017 Lincoln Continental