Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Facelifted LX570 / Land Cruiser

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-15, 09:13 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
IS F-sports are all over the place here in socal. Yes, many of them are college students (probably bought by parents).
They're rarer than sasquatch in my area including the u. of fl. where there's tons of money.

probably partly due to the fact that there's NO lexus dealers in central and north florida (except jacksonville i believe).
Old 08-09-15, 09:14 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Anyway, we've wondered far off topic, so back to the new LX
Old 08-09-15, 10:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Anyway, we've wondered far off topic, so back to the new LX
agreed though i just find it quite stupid if one has to like spindle grille in order to care about the brand
Old 08-10-15, 10:19 PM
UZJ100GXR
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LX coming to Pebble Beach?!
Old 08-11-15, 07:33 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
i just find it quite stupid if one has to like spindle grille in order to care about the brand
apparently you have that turned around. if one doesn't like the spindle grille they are stupid.
Old 08-11-15, 08:50 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

apparently you have that turned around. if one doesn't like the spindle grille they are stupid.

It is at times stupid to see people judge appearance from a photo. Most average sized humans view a vehicle from a different perspective than most camera angles.

Countless CL members have knee jerk reactions to new Lexus (not just Lexus) designs but begin to come around when its more widely accepted by others when most have had the chance to see it in person.
Old 08-11-15, 09:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

nop, i didn't have it wrong, i meant exactly what i wrote.

the funny thing is, the acura grille probably got just as much, if not more, criticisms and it seems to be pretty widely accepted. but of course, this is lexus forum so i agree bias is acceptable (and naturally). won't stop me from stating my point though. the idea of spindle grille is an idea, just like audi, acura, or even the new hyundai. execution though is a different story.

i love it on the LS and i love it on the 13-15 LX. i am ok with it on the es and nx. however i still think it doesn't look good at all on the gs -- and yes i actually own a 2015 gs now.

i accept that though look is very subjective. i respect those who thinks anything with a lexus badge is beautiful, nothing wrong with that. but then at the same time i don't think only those who have driven the la ferrari can comment on the performance of that car

so that's how exactly i feel about the '16 LX, i will check it out in person for sure granted i am in the market, but i doubt that's going to change my perspective much
Old 08-11-15, 11:04 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

gx is outselling ct and rc too but not sure how that's relevant.
My post was to show that updating the GX with a spindle grill and lowering the price point increased sales of the GX to a point where sales have doubled. Maybe it could happen to the LX as well.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 08-12-15 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Check pm
Old 08-12-15, 10:28 AM
Trexus

Originally Posted by Trexus
My post was to show that updating the GX with a spindle grill and lowering the price point increased sales of the GX to a point where sales have doubled. Maybe it could happen to the LX as well.
Since the 2016 LX has three rim choices maybe the LX will follow the same formula Lexus used on the GX by lowering the price point to include a base, premium and luxury submodel. In 2014 Lexus sold 4,052 LX's maybe in 2016 Lexus can double that...
Old 08-12-15, 12:24 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
nop, i didn't have it wrong, i meant exactly what i wrote.
was just a joke, i gotcha.

it certainly could happen.

just met someone (i didn't know what they drove) who wanted me to follow them and they came around the corner in what i believe is a '14 or '15 black lx570. looked awesome.

have no doubt the tech/mech improvements to the '16 lx will be great (and needed). on a dark color i'm sure the giant grille won't bother me, but on a white one i think it will look preposterously huge and jarring.
Old 08-12-15, 04:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

fwiw i want the lx to succeed badly. i have the gx and it's a great car, but i think the lx is simply in a different league and it's one of the most understated cars out there. i think it can be a lot more including sales. i do think lexus has to do a lot of work on the car as well as marketing to make this happen, and in some way i think that's necessary for lexus as a brand (seeing how other luxury brands are putting more weight on their high end suvs a well)
Old 08-12-15, 04:30 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,720 Likes on 1,948 Posts

Huge market out there for high end luxury big SUVs. Every time I trade I consider it, and I get a little bit closer each time. I considered an Escalade this time, an LX or even a Range Rover. It would make sense for me in a lot of ways.
Old 08-12-15, 06:16 PM
Trexus

just met someone (i didn't know what they drove) who wanted me to follow them and they came around the corner in what i believe is a '14 or '15 black lx570. looked awesome.

have no doubt the tech/mech improvements to the '16 lx will be great (and needed). on a dark color i'm sure the giant grille won't bother me, but on a white one i think it will look preposterously huge and jarring.
Are you considering a 2016 LX 570 in the future?
Old 08-12-15, 06:38 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Are you considering a 2016 LX 570 in the future?
would definitely be interested in one, but that's a lot of coin. i might prefer to get something for less and add an outdoor kitchen to my house instead.
Old 08-13-15, 05:29 AM
clipsmeyer
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

What time is the reveal today at pebble beach?

Quick Reply: Facelifted LX570 / Land Cruiser